What are you reading?

Al McReady

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just started this. 

51ftMqOJSEL.jpg

Met her back in 1978-79 in Strathclyde University where her band were doing a gig there. Very pleasant to speak to and was soft spoken, unlike her stage persona. What a wee darling, although her husband, the big fella who was her lead guitarist, was a bit of a grumpy bastard. Will have to get this book.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.png

I pass the time by reading an online site called Quora Digest, which has numerous "topics of interest" that you can annotate to keep you inundated with, mostly informative, articles.

Coming from a Marine Engineering ( Navy ) background, that was one of my stipulated areas of interest. Over the course of several weeks I read a couple of articles penned by a guy who obviously knew his stuff as regards warfare. In a postscript to his articles he referenced a novel that he was writing, and provided a link. Curiosity got the better of me yesterday morning, so I dialed in to take a look ( https://thekiddincident.com/ ).

It is riveting !

The web edition appears to be a work in progress, started a couple of years ago with new chapters added as they are drafted. After each chapter, there is an open forum comments section.  Veterans and retired personell from all services have been chipping in with comments about issues of detail, which the author is, in the main, using to edit / correct the text. I know this because having read a couple of the comments I backtracked to find the error, only to see that it had been corrected.

I'm now up to chapter  ( Episode ) 60, which is dated 2019/04/07. I don't know how many more there are, other than it is in excess of another 40 ( Episode 100 is dated 2020/01/04 ).

If you are from a Service background, have an interest in GeoPolitics or just enjoy a fast paced good read, then I highly recommend this.

As an aside, given recent / current / possible forthcoming events ( Trump -v - China ), God forbid, it might turn out to be a prophecy !

Enjoy the read, people ( and Stay Safe ! )

• Thanks 1

I finished this yesterday,a truly heroic woman who 20 years after the event had to defend herself against character assassination from among others an MP.

The Gestapo pulled out all her toenails but still she gave them nothing and she fully deserved her MBE & George Cross.

od.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Don't want too spoil it but this fella gets it after 350 years of trying ...

The_Simpsons_3049738b.jpg

I don’t want to spoil the ending, but a Brit called Andy did it. 👌🤗

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 1