What are you reading?

Al McReady

Public Consultation: MFN Tariff Policy – The UK Global Tariff - Government Response & Policy

Interesting reading, basically tariffs on average will be lower when we leave deal or no deal.

If you are as sad as me you can read it here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/885943/Public_consultation_on_the_UK_Global_Tariff_government_response.pdf

The only thing I've read by Ken Follett before is "Pillars of the Earth", which I enjoyed. I don't know why, as he's quite a prolific author, but I've never really looked for his books. My mistake, anyway, I'm now halfway through the Century Trilogy and enjoying it.

Century+Trilogy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was watching a couple of episodes of "Below Decks" and the cook in the series mentioned that his father was a very successful author, so I thought I would take a looky and found this, among others. Will see how it goes, then maybe download some more.

nimitz.jpg

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

A Conservative MP now ??? ......... not read it .... would buy it at the airport if ........ :default_fpc: .......one day .....

According to Wiki he became an MP because he was pissed off at the way vets were being hounded.Good to have him there & good to have someone in the MoD who has been there & done it.

• Thumbs Up 1

A bit odd, I know but:

51mha8jZbzL._SX387_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'll probably donate it to Bovington when I'm done, but it is a really fascinating technical manual. German Engineering was really groundbreaking back then, although they had a tendency to over complicate things.

Started reading an older (1992) National Geographic book with my 8-yo daughter tonight.
Coincidentally, the first chapter was about a region of China called Muli -- northern Yunnan & southeastern Tibet -- I had traveled there last summer.
I was planning to go back this summer before the world turned upside down.
Maybe someday...with my daughter.

51dTuQ9KoHL.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...