For those of you that know Baz bad news

Yesitisdakid

I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting him, but it seems that he touched the hearts of those who did meet him. You don’t meet many people in life that can do that.  

RIP and condolences to his family. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting him, but it seems that he touched the hearts of those who did meet him. You don’t meet many people in life that can do that.  

RIP and condolences to his family. 

I didn't know him really well .. but, whenever he came through BKK we would always meet ... he was a good, sincere and honest person I thought ...

A fucking motorcycle .... amazing ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I never had the pleasure of meeting Baz, but I like many have enjoyed his posts over the years. You can be as careful as you like in Thailand as a pedestrian but can still have your life snuffed out by the horrific driving standards this country accepts as normal. RIP Sir.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

I never had the pleasure of meeting Baz, but I like many have enjoyed his posts over the years. You can be as careful as you like in Thailand as a pedestrian but can still have your life snuffed out by the horrific driving standards this country accepts as normal. RIP Sir.

I have known 5 guys here ... 1 was a good friend of mine .. he was from California ( Andrew ) .. that have been killed here in Thailand in car / motorcycle accidents .... 

The last time I saw Andrew ( the morning of his death ) .. I warned him again and again to be super careful on his motorcycle .... he had a big raging Ducati ... a fucking truck ran a red light and hit him ... boom ... finished .. he had a beautiful wife and a young child .... the thought of it still brings tears to my eyes ....

I just could not understand or endure the pain his wife went through .. she just cried and cried in my arms ...

For sure .. there are people crying now over Baz's death .. what a waste of a good human life ....

Thailand not so bad to drive ( yea ... fucking crazy ) .. try China, India and Vietnam ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I have known 5 guys here ... 1 was a good friend of mine .. he was from California ( Andrew ) .. that have been killed here in Thailand in car / motorcycle accidents .... 

The last time I saw Andrew ( the morning of his death ) .. I warned him again and again to be super careful on his motorcycle .... he had a big raging Ducati ... a fucking truck ran a red light and hit him ... boom ... finished .. he had a beautiful wife and a young child .... the thought of it still brings tears to my eyes ....

I just could not understand or endure the pain his wife went through .. she just cried and cried in my arms ...

For sure .. there are people crying now over Baz's death .. what a waste of a good human life ....

Thailand not so bad to drive ( yea ... fucking crazy ) .. try China, India and Vietnam ...

A song for Baz ...

• Thumbs Up 1

So sad last night when Larry and Phil told me ...one of the people whose company I enjoyed most. 

Just a lovely guy and so polite and friendly every time you met him. We used to debate goulash recipes ..... and best drinks places in  Budapest.

He had worked in war zones and in some of the most dangerous places on earth and was happy living a quieter life in Koh Chang.

So sad RIP ...another gone ...

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

RIP.JPG

I counted Baz as a good friend and I know many others did as well. He was indeed one  of the nicest guys you could ever meet as well as a top-notch photographer and Web designer.  

He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong instant, crossing  the street when hit by a speeding motorbike.  It's a tragedy that brings home just how fragile life is.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's been posted over on Secrets so hope it's OK to post here too, there will be some sort of memorial for Baz in Le Pub at 8:00pm on Thursday this week, 6th June.  His wife and son will be attending so a good opportunity to let them know how well he was thought of.

• Like 6