Minix Boxes or similar

KWA

On 3/3/2019 at 1:06 AM, Sangsom said:

Most of my stuff has stopped working on my minix now, even showbox is getting less reliable.

Can anyone suggest any current apps for films and sports that work well?

Thanks

I find I have to take my Minix box every 2 or 3 months to the shop I indicated at Tukcom to be upgraded. They only charge a hundred baht and I usually tip another 100.

Here is my current opening screen.

IMG20190624151133.jpg

I use CyberFlix for all the TV series that I watch. One aspect you do not often get is the option for sub titles. I found that very useful when watching the Italian crime series Gomorrah. Series 4 is excellent.

Live Net TV is good for live TV sport with all the SKY TV sports, English footy, Golf, Cricket, F1 etc etc.

Mobdro generally works OK.

Kodi is a waste of space with the exception of Exodus which still works OK for TV series.

I continue to subscibe to HDPrime at 400 baht a month for all TV Channels. Still sometimes stutters but the HD quality is generally good for English footy and all other sport. Watching the  F1 yesterday hoping something might happen to keep me awake like a wheel falling off after a tyre change. 😀

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I find I have to take my Minix box every 2 or 3 months to the shop I indicated at Tukcom to be upgraded. They only charge a hundred baht and I usually tip another 100.

Here is my current opening screen.

IMG20190624151133.jpg

I use CyberFlix for all the TV series that I watch. One aspect you do not often get is the option for sub titles. I found that very useful when watching the Italian crime series Gomorrah. Series 4 is excellent.

Live Net TV is good for live TV sport with all the SKY TV sports, English footy, Golf, Cricket, F1 etc etc.

Kodi is a waste of space with the exception of Exodus which still works OK for TV series.

I continue to subscibe to HDPrime at 400 baht a month for all TV Channels. Still sometimes stutters but the HD quality is generally good for English footy and all other sport. Watching the  F1 yesterday hoping something might happen to keep me awake like a wheel falling off after a tyre change. 😀

I pay also for HDPrime every month although my subscription for all channels for 30 days is 570 baht, I notice 30 days Live TV is 380 baht.  Of course you can get a slightly cheaper deal if you pay 1 year at a time. HDPrime works really well in the UK although SKY seem to send a signal down the line on the hour which sometimes disrupts a channel, I then have to change to another server.

My Virgin WiFi is very adequate for excellent reception. I am loathe to pay for a years subscription as, knowing my luck, HDPrime would fold the day after I have paid.

18 hours ago, Sangsom said:

My show box has got better again and is mostly ok now. I use mobdro for sport which is ok ish but not always reliable. I had some really good apps installed on kodi that were installed when I got it but none of them work now which is a shame as they were really good when they were working.....

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Just installed Live Net TV and first impression is good.  Agree with you both on Kodi.  I'm usually OK with Mobdro but performance is too patchy (for me) to rely on.

There is a subscription app called ultimatemania and sportmania which you pay a small subscription for (in bitcoin) which is excellent, near perfect quality. Unfortunately I had an issue with it and had to reinstall it which I couldn’t fathom out. Damn shame that was a bloody good app with just about every sports channel you can imagine available including all the PPV boxing events.

Edited by Sangsom

I have had a couple of these boxes not minix and they were not really great. Had a friend tell me about using bluestacks android emulator. It is a windows program that allows the download of Android  apps  to your PC. It is fantastic does everything i want 1000s of TV  Channels  and all the movie channels one could want.  No longer the need for a box any more HDMI from my PC to my 55in TV and alls good without the cost of a minix box .  I get all those as well Jambo but with out the cost of a box

IMG20190624151133.jpg

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Great Info 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just scanned this thread and see no mention of this:  

I have a Minix Neo-U9.  The last OTA update I was able to do was something like 2 years ago.  It kept telling me that my device was up to date.  Meanwhile, apps were not working well and I was getting frustrated.

Today I logged on to the Minix forum and discovered that there was an update that requires a ROM flash to install.  The directions are a little confusing, but I got the box updated.  Unfortunately, it flushed everything out of the box including the apps I had installed, so if you plan to do this you might want to make a list of what you have installed.

I'm just now recovering the device to the point where I can use it again.  I'll let you know if I run into anything, bad or good.

TrueID box is really good. I am using three in the bar now.

Just pay once for the Premier League package , about 2,500, and watch all the matches this season. Current price is 1,200 for the rest of the season.

You can also see all the other True sports Chanel’s if you have a True phone contract.

Had it a week and not buffered once.

It has a built in Chromecast which means I can cast Fox Channel sand Bein from respective apps, all a lot cheaper than getting a iptv or android box and it’s legal.

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Nothing those boxes can do that my PC can't do so never found the need to spend the money on one

Yes many think the same but.... many like my self like to use the pc for working browsing the WWW along with other things while watching TV

I guess its each to their own..

Anyone using a Minix the forum for the boxes is working again..

I know they removed the forum then installed it on a different server and its not really part of minix any more.

Some thing to do with privacy boxes and right to the media...!

Same as my self when i was running a forum for boxes..

3 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes many think the same but.... many like my self like to use the pc for working browsing the WWW along with other things while watching TV

I guess its each to their own..

I  stream and watch TV on my 55 in TV  connected to 1 PC while browsing on my second Pc and a 32 in monitor

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

I’ve just started using airtvworld for live tv on my android box. 
It is excellent compared with others I have used but not cheap, about 170 Euros per year of 28 per month. 
You do need quite a high spec box for it to run on, I guess anything above 2000 baht is probably fast enough 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

I  stream and watch TV on my 55 in TV  connected to 1 PC while browsing on my second Pc and a 32 in monitor

@Yesitisdakid

Hi Larry, If you had Windows 10, you could simply 'Cast' your PC screen display to the TV, without the need for a HDMI lead. 

Cheers

Edited by miko