How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Aqualung

Changing Baht back to Sterling.

Never had a reason to do this before but I reckon I'll have over 60,000 baht I need changing back to Sterling. 

Anyone know the best way to do this? 

Cheers 

Steve. 

Have a UK friend that lives here and still has a bank account in the UK take your 60,000B and then transfer the Sterling equivalent from his UK account to your UK account. Saves him from having to transfer living expenses from the UK to here and helps you out. I'd help you out, but I'm a Yank.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

10 hours ago, roomark said:

Apart from selling it back to the bank, selling to a Thai you know or putting it into a Thai account not sure..

NM Money have pretty good buy back rates in UK

https://www.nmmoney.co.uk/travel-money/sell-unused-travel-money 

60000 will give you £1411 losing you around £60 at today's rate I think

Maybe try there.

Cheers Roomark. I'll have a look into that as it doesn't sound too bad to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Have a UK friend that lives here and still has a bank account in the UK take your 60,000B and then transfer the Sterling equivalent from his UK account to your UK account. Saves him from having to transfer living expenses from the UK to here and helps you out. I'd help you out, but I'm a Yank.

Where in Thailand is he please? 

And thanks for your reply. 

If its sterling on the ground you are looking for in Pattaya and any other currency, I used this place for Sterling and Yuan

Its an art and furniture shop at the front but at the back they have a currency booth and at the time I was getting the best rates i could for hard cash..

Screenshot at May 24 16-43-19.png

Screenshot at May 24 16-45-00.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Where in Thailand is he please? 

And thanks for your reply. 

My bad for using poor sentence structure. I should have wrote "If you have a UK friend that lives here...".

I do have a couple of UK friends here, but they're on pensions so not good candidates for helping your move money out of Thailand.

TT will change it back for you , if you don't know anyone to buy them from you 

Yenjit definately does and you'll not be mullered on the exchange rate

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Yenjit definately does and you'll not be mullered on the exchange rate

Does that apply to the one in swampy Airport RR? 

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Does that apply to the one in swampy Airport RR? 

I'd have to pass on that branch has have never used it...... I would suggest ask what the buy rate is for Baht than take a step backwards and work out the percentage on the spread. Anything between 0-2% is good to go. Bear in mind spread back in uk is consistently 15% give or take

• Thumbs Up 1

Just have a really big last couple of days and don't worry about needing to change anything back ..... 😉😉 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just have a really big last couple of days and don't worry about needing to change anything back ..... 😉😉 

Lol! 

I was originally holding the money back to use on a Vietnam trip but that idea has been binned as I'm ready for home. 

I'll probably do what RR has suggested to be honest as I don't have work right now and the money will come in handy back in the UK. 

Nice thought though! 

30 minutes ago, RR007 said:

I'd have to pass on that branch has have never used it...... I would suggest ask what the buy rate is for Baht than take a step backwards and work out the percentage on the spread. Anything between 0-2% is good to go. Bear in mind spread back in uk is consistently 15% give or take

Many thanks RR. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You could try ‘The Bank’ an exchange shop in Soi Rungland opposite the telephone exchange building on Pattaya Tai. 

It is a Chinese/Thai place and the amount of currency that changes hands in there is incredible, lots of tour operators etc use it, they always give a slightly better rate than normal banks when buying baht. 

Sign in to follow this