Interesting Pictures & Videos From Around the World (and Universe)

forcebwithu

6 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Tragic what happened to that family. Road racing is insanely dangerous.

Bravest sportsmen and women on the planet IMO.

258 riders have died at the TT and the Manx Grand Prix,which is a shorter version of the course and is for newcomers to racing on the Island.

And that's before you start on the Irish road races and Macau.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 4:19 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Tragic what happened to that family. Road racing is insanely dangerous.

I’ve followed Formula 1 for as long as I can remember and seen some tragic accidents way back. Jackie Stewart started the task of getting the powers to be to improve the safety of the tracks and for manufacturers to improve the safety of the cars for drivers, now it’s extremely rare for a driver to die, even in some of the multiple pile ups in recent years. 

Not much that can be done for the TT and other road races unfortunately, due to the nature of the roads raced on. Saw one the other day and I’m amazed at the speeds achieved on roads by these guys, but one slip and you’re toast and they have to live with that possibility, not sure how their families handle it though. 

36 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I’ve followed Formula 1 for as long as I can remember and seen some tragic accidents way back. Jackie Stewart started the task of getting the powers to be to improve the safety of the tracks and for manufacturers to improve the safety of the cars for drivers, now it’s extremely rare for a driver to die, even in some of the multiple pile ups in recent years. 

Not much that can be done for the TT and other road races unfortunately, due to the nature of the roads raced on. Saw one the other day and I’m amazed at the speeds achieved on roads by these guys, but one slip and you’re toast and they have to live with that possibility, not sure how their families handle it though. 

Very popular here in Northern Ireland. Almost every year there is someone killed or seriously injured. They are adrenay junkies with balls of steel.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Thai Spice said:

Yep, last night.

Wasn't even aware of it before your post ! 😱😱😱

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/flights-canceled-as-agung-erupts-sending-ash-hurtling-thousands-of-meters-into-the-air/

3 volcanos going at the moment in Indonesia.

http://www.bom.gov.au/aviation/volcanic-ash/darwin-va-advisory.shtml

I thought that was the one that caused the BA9 incident, but after a quick check that was Galunggung not Agung!

Bloody foreign volcano's, all look/sound/act the same 😁😉

On 6/15/2019 at 4:33 PM, Lirchenfeld said:

Lightning strikes one of the pylons of the Øresund Bridge between Copenhagen and Malmø during a thunderstorm saturday afternoon.

0mpyK5C.jpg

Im travelling over that next Tuesday for the umpteenth time.... Hoping I don't experience that. Great pic BTW Lirch. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, Lirchenfeld said:

Lightning strikes one of the pylons of the Øresund Bridge between Copenhagen and Malmø during a thunderstorm saturday afternoon.

0mpyK5C.jpg

I worked Jan 2006 to Aug 2009 at Malmo-Sturup airport on a 13/8 day rotation so knew that bridge well.

If Carlsberg did aircraft engineering contracts....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I worked Jan 2006 to Aug 2009 at Malmo-Sturup airport on a 13/8 day rotation so knew that bridge well.

If Carlsberg did aircraft engineering contracts....

A couple of years ago Tuborg (owned by Carlsberg) handed out beer on a plane between Aalborg and Copenhagen. It was part of the promotion of the annual "J-dag" - the day when the christmas brews are released.

sasjdag.jpg

• Like 1

That is seriously good beer.I was working for Maersk in Copenhagen in 1996 when our supervisor called us all into the cabin of the 737 we were working on.

He proceeded to hand out cans of Julebryg.We were staying in the Dan Hotel in Copers & that evening my fridge in the room was filled with it.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, KhunDon said:

It was Sir Jackie's 80th b'day recently but even so he wasn't the oldest person at his birthday party hosted by the RAC 🤨

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/other-sport/scots-racing-legend-sir-jackie-stewart-celebrates-80th-birthday-with-the-queen-1-4947049

All the drivers and team bosses also paid tribute to him this weekend at the French GP, errr, well nearly all the drivers 😄

4956-3304-2.43505730.jpg.gallery.jpg

_107507730_frenchgp.jpg

_107507733_hamitlon.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shaksey said:

It was Sir Jackie's 80th b'day recently but even so he wasn't the oldest person at his birthday party hosted by the RAC 🤨

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/other-sport/scots-racing-legend-sir-jackie-stewart-celebrates-80th-birthday-with-the-queen-1-4947049

All the drivers and team bosses also paid tribute to him this weekend at the French GP, errr, well nearly all the drivers 😄

4956-3304-2.43505730.jpg.gallery.jpg

_107507730_frenchgp.jpg

_107507733_hamitlon.jpg

Seems strange that its both Mercedes drivers not wearing tartan flat caps!!!