F1

Stillearly

11 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Excellent point and I hadn't even thought that might be the case. I still think he's an arrogant little prick though and have never had any time for him from day 1.

Well i was one of his most ardent fans (he's English) until he started this BLM shit, now i would;nt give him the time of day, just a super wealthy super talented little prick.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:50 AM, Jambo said:

The problem currently with F1 is that unless a mechanical failure, driver rule indiscretion or pile up at turn 1,  Hamilton being the best driver by far driving the best car by far is going to win virtually every race.

I watch the start just in case the turn 1 pile up occurs and then ideally watch some footy or golf then briefly turn back a couple of times to see how far Hamilton is leading.

You're watching history being made though. Absolute perfection. It was Ross Brawn who built the Mercedes team, not Toto. That was after he had won the drivers and constructors champs in 2009 with his own team (and Jenson). 

Ross Brawn is the best F1 team principal, ever, end of. Ferrari with Schuey. Brawn on his own. Then built the team back up when Merc bought it after he'd had to lay off half his staff. He left with humility, pride, and honour (and a fucking big £cheque£) when Merc bought him out.

Everyone at both the Merc F1 plants, the engineers who know what they're talking about, been there, done that, seen 20-30 years of drivers come and go....they all say LH is top. He pings out qually laps that the data, sims, and strat AI say should not be possible.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Excellent point and I hadn't even thought that might be the case. I still think he's an arrogant little prick though and have never had any time for him from day 1.

LH is an arrogant little prick?

Why do you think that?

When was day 1 for you?

I'm not trying to start a row here, just honestly curious why some folks judge LH in this way?

🙂

I don't know if LH is an arrogant little prick, on the other hand I think he got his personality from the same shop as Nigel Mansell.

Then again, Schumacher, Vettel and Rosberg weren't laugh a minute guys although the fact that they are all German may have something to do with it.

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

German ?

Nico Erik Rosberg is a German-Finnish former racing driver who won the 2016 Formula One World Championship driving for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport. The only child of Keke Rosberg and his German wife Sina Rosberg, he was raised primarily in the Principality of Monaco.

1 minute ago, fygjam said:

Nico Erik Rosberg is a German-Finnish former racing driver who won the 2016 Formula One World Championship driving for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport. The only child of Keke Rosberg and his German wife Sina Rosberg, he was raised primarily in the Principality of Monaco.

Yes i was aware of that but he's not really German in my eyes even though thats what he considers himself to be, up 2 him and he deffo needs a personality transplant lol

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes i was aware of that but he's not really German in my eyes even though thats what he considers himself to be, up 2 him and he deffo needs a personality transplant lol

Actually he seemed a lot more relaxed, almost human, after he retired.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shaksey said:

You're watching history being made though.

Actually, I am not.

Personally I am watching the start hoping the Two Ferrari's will take one another out at the first corner but Vettel has given up so unlikely. When that doesn't happen I turn over and usually watch either footy or golf in that order. I then take another peek after about an hour to see how far Lewis H is ahead of the hammer throwers.

I lost interest in F1 after the pundits spent so much time trying desparately to find something exciting about one or two stop strategies and starting on hard compound tyres. I realised I had totally lost interest when I found myself hoping one of the tyre change team would f**k up the locking nut and a wheel would fall off at the end of the pit lane just to relieve the monotony.

Technology and the cost thereof has wrecked F1 as a sporting spectacle. They don't even sound or look like real F1 racing cars any more.

I used to drive all over the UK to watch motor sport both two, and four wheels. Three wheels with sidecars held together with duck tape!

Oh, for the smell of Castrol R in the morning. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Shaksey said:

LH is an arrogant little prick?

Why do you think that?

When was day 1 for you?

I'm not trying to start a row here, just honestly curious why some folks judge LH in this way?

🙂

Day 1 was when he started in F1, some people just wind me up the wrong way and he is one of those sort, a lot like the modern footballers and now with this BLM shit too.....

Plus have you noticed whenever he's having a bad race and has made a mistake he's on the radio complaining about the car ?  He really does remind me of some thai girls in that whatever is wrong it's never his fault. Oh and by the way in last Sunday's race I really do think that it wasn't his fault but the teams fault not to see the pit lane was closed and finally no, it's not because he's black, I just think his arrogance is off the scale.

EDIT

2016 when Rosberg won the title, little Lewis wasn't a happy bunny then that he was being beaten and when the pressure was on him he didn't like it.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Ross Brawn is the best F1 team principal, ever, end of.

But like Hamilton, he comes across as a proper wankpiece.  Being good at your job doesn't overcome your character/nature/personality or whatever you want to call it.

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Does that mean they will have a vacancy? 

Vettel is without a drive next year. I wonder whether he might go to Racing Point? 

99% certain he'll go there now and it will be announced at the next race. If he has a decent year next year then it'll be off to Mercedes to replace Hamilton who will probably retire after breaking Schumacher's 7 world titles. Remember that Toto Wolff has a stake in the new Racing Point ( Aston Martin ) so he's more than likely behind the scenes in all of this.

21 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

it's not because he's black, I just think his arrogance is off the scale.

Then why mention it?

Personally, I don't find him at all arrogant at all as he is a brit, at the very top of his game, and a winner.

I think the majority of those that seem to have an irrational disliking to him do so because he neither drives for THEIR team and is black to boot ............................but not necessarily in that order.

12 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Then why mention it?

Personally, I don't find him at all arrogant at all as he is a brit, at the very top of his game, and a winner.

I think the majority of those that seem to have an irrational disliking to him do so because he neither drives for THEIR team and is black to boot ............................but not necessarily in that order.

BLM did it for me mate, i don't GAF what colour he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Then why mention it?

I mentioned it so people don't think I'm saying it because of all the BLM shit he's been doing and then go on to accuse me of being a racist, I've not liked him from day 1 and I will continue to be an ABH ( anyone but Hamilton ) type person.

British winners, I'm a rugby man and my favourite all time British player ? Jason Robinson, not a hint of arrogance about him at all, a superb player and by all accounts a gentleman, oh and he's black.

And why is it irrational that people on here and elsewhere don't agree with you by disliking him ? Personally I haven't had a favourite team since maybe Williams with Montoya and before that Damon Hill.

21 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Day 1 was when he started in F1, some people just wind me up the wrong way and he is one of those sort, a lot like the modern footballers and now with this BLM shit too.....

Plus have you noticed whenever he's having a bad race and has made a mistake he's on the radio complaining about the car ?  He really does remind me of some thai girls in that whatever is wrong it's never his fault. Oh and by the way in last Sunday's race I really do think that it wasn't his fault but the teams fault not to see the pit lane was closed and finally no, it's not because he's black, I just think his arrogance is off the scale.

EDIT

2016 when Rosberg won the title, little Lewis wasn't a happy bunny then that he was being beaten and when the pressure was on him he didn't like it.

I haven't noticed when he's made a mistake he complains about the car, he does complain about the car when it's not right though, even by fractional margins, because he notices and feels them, and often (although not this year) it's the tiniest margins that decide outcomes. 

I honestly don't see or think he is arrogant. I've met him a few times, he didn't come across as arrogant. 

In 2016 he wasn't being beaten on the track, he had three PU failures while Nico had none. Nico had also thrown his toys out the pram and demanded, and been given all Lewis' engineers and crew that season. There's also a lot more to it than that.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

20 hours ago, KWA said:

But like Hamilton, he comes across as a proper wankpiece.  Being good at your job doesn't overcome your character/nature/personality or whatever you want to call it.

What makes you think he's a wankpiece, lol 🙂

24 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

I haven't noticed when he's made a mistake he complains about the car, he does complain about the car when it's not right though, even by fractional margins, because he notices and feels them, and often (although not this year) it's the tiniest margins that decide outcomes. 

I honestly don't see or think he is arrogant. I've met him a few times, he didn't come across as arrogant. 

In 2016 he wasn't being beaten on the track, he had three PU failures while Nico had none. Nico had also thrown his toys out the pram and demanded, and been given all Lewis' engineers and crew that season. There's also a lot more to it than that.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree on it, you think he's ok and I think he's not. Some people on here like him and some don't, leave it at that shall we or it could keep going round and round in circles.

• Like 4