F1

Stillearly

17 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Only sensible choice for Wolfe and I rate Russell quite highly and always thought Vandorne was a bit of a mobile chicane when he in the McLaren. For me all the pressure is on Bottas here not Russell, it's not going to look at all good for Bottas if Russell comes in and out qualifies him and maybe even finishes higher than him in the race.

Agreed. Bottas 4th in FP1 but 11th in FP2. Didn't have a clean run and was penalised for exceeding track limits.

The pressure is on but I expect better tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Agreed. Bottas 4th in FP1 but 11th in FP2. Didn't have a clean run and was penalised for exceeding track limits.

The pressure is on but I expect better tomorrow.

Same here, FP means nothing in reality. Bottas should  piss all over him, if he doesn't then Toto will be asking some serious questions.

I feel sorry for Russell, he's been given the Merc to play with and then he has to go back to the Williams.

18 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

So if the novice wins in the champions car does it mean that Hamilton is the champion because of the car?

130241052_10218450256833086_3929817134902659970_n.jpg

Of course it's a huge amount to do with the car , but you still want the best drivers in it .... exactly the same when Ferrari and Schumacher were dominating the sport ...

I really felt for George Russell. Not surprised he is gutted because it was no fault of his own and he showed that he has real potential for the future. 

Shame that Perez has yet to get a drive next year.i am wondering whether we might see him replace Alexander Albon who has not been performing that well. 

I also wonder whether we might see Russell replacing Bottas in 2022. Things change quickly in F1. 

Holy f**k, I only just got an opportunity to watch the race having the snooker taking priority.

What a monumental f**k up, the radio excuse is bollocks, if half the crew didn't get told what tyres to use, why did they bring any out at all?

Looked to me that they basically put some of Bottass tyres on Russell, hence not having correct tyres left for Bottass. If you look closely a tyre rolled away when they first brought them out, probably then got mixed up.

THEN to fight his way to the front only to get a puncture, WTF, Lewis must have been sitting at home putting pins into a doll of his car! LOL

Hope he didn't shag his bird last night, with his luck she will be pregnant with quadtriplets.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Holy f**k, I only just got an opportunity to watch the race having the snooker taking priority.

What a monumental f**k up, the radio excuse is bollocks, if half the crew didn't get told what tyres to use, why did they bring any out at all?

Looked to me that they basically put some of Bottass tyres on Russell, hence not having correct tyres left for Bottass. If you look closely a tyre rolled away when they first brought them out, probably then got mixed up.

THEN to fight his way to the front only to get a puncture, WTF, Lewis must have been sitting at home putting pins into a doll of his car! LOL

Hope he didn't shag his bird last night, with his luck she will be pregnant with quadtriplets.

& they'll come out black.....

• Haha 2

Has anyone else noticed the total lack of interest being shown in tomorrows race now that a certain person is back in the Merc ?

Even the usual websites aren't showing a great deal of interest in the race. I for one will most certainly not be bothering to watch it and I'm sure there's a few more feeling the same way.

6 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Has anyone else noticed the total lack of interest being shown in tomorrows race now that a certain person is back in the Merc ?

Even the usual websites aren't showing a great deal of interest in the race. I for one will most certainly not be bothering to watch it and I'm sure there's a few more feeling the same way.

To be expected methinks!

There is little interest because the championship is already decided on both accounts. If you are a fan of F1 then I would still expect one to watch it, especially if the weather is unpredictable.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

The reason Russell was on it from the get go is because the car was already perfectly set up for the circuit ( i know it was a different track layout but the surface, temps and track characteristics play a huge part) and local conditions by Hamilton the week before. All the dynamics, load, and balance spanners guys at Mclaren and M-B say Hamilton is the best driver they have worked with to be able to get the car set up as good as it can be. That was a huge advantage for Russell.

Russell is also good, really good. He has that rare thing where he can drive a car on the edge, it's limits but make it look smooth as silk. Jenson Button was exceptional in that respect as well but not consistently enough.

McLaren have MB-HPP power units next year. The cars will be the same as this year, few tweaks. I'm looking to see what markets are available for specific bets based around Lando's strengths aligned with every different circuits specific characteristics. 

• 3 months later...

First race of 2021 season tomorrow.

If anything to go by, qualifying looks like Red Bull are going to give Mercedes a run for their money. Disappointing qualifying for Vettel in the Aston Martin team. I was hoping to see some resurgence from the former World Champion. 

It's going to be a real battle for the mid fielders this year. 

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

First race of 2021 season tomorrow.

If anything to go by, qualifying looks like Red Bull are going to give Mercedes a run for their money. Disappointing qualifying for Vettel in the Aston Martin team. I was hoping to see some resurgence from the former World Champion. 

It's going to be a real battle for the mid fielders this year. 

Are there any significant rule changes this season?