F1

Stillearly

After the F1 I watched the Indy 500.Now that was really good racing,the lead changed several times,all at circa 220mph & the 5 car smash with 20 laps to go was spectacular.

The pit lane action was something else.Although nobody was hurt in the on track prangs a mechanic was taken to hospital after the car he was supposed to change a wheel on hit said wheel & the wheel hit him.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:53 AM, galenkia said:

Isle of Man TT fortnight started yesterday.

Proper racing.👍

I’d say those boys have the biggest balls in any sport. 

Quote from Guy Mitchell about one of the corners “Get it wrong and you go through the pub door at 150mph”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

We lived for a couple of years on the IoM when I worked at Manx Airlines.

We used to rent the Castle Arms(on the quay in Castletown-known locally as the Gluepot) kitchen & serve Thai food in the small restaurant upstairs.I think they had 32 covers.

TT Weeks were manic,there would be a queue to get in so I'd take names & shout out in the bar when a table came free.

I saw Germans who could barely walk get on their huge bikes & ride off.

The worst though were the French(sorry Thai Spice!),after a group had eaten they all wanted to pay separately,fucking nightmare.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Silverstone pretty much overlooked this weekend cause of the cricket and tennis. 

Great win by Lewis, he would have taken Bottas on track if he hadn't got the luck in the pits or could have just and waited for him to do his second stop anyway. Setting the fastest lap at the end on 32 lap old hard tyres just shows how much they were all pacing and driving to target times though and also that Bottas wouldn't have been able to catch let alone pass him in fresher rubber.

The Max and Leclerc battle was awesome from what I saw of it, hard, fair and right on the edge.

Vettel. Finished, done, as a top F1 driver now.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shaksey said:

Silverstone pretty much overlooked this weekend cause of the cricket and tennis. 

Great win by Lewis, he would have taken Bottas on track if he hadn't got the luck in the pits or could have just and waited for him to do his second stop anyway. Setting the fastest lap at the end on 32 lap old hard tyres just shows how much they were all pacing and driving to target times though and also that Bottas wouldn't have been able to catch let alone pass him in fresher rubber.

The Max and Leclerc battle was awesome from what I saw of it, hard, fair and right on the edge.

Vettel. Finished, done, as a top F1 driver now.

A good summary mate.

I had almost forgotten what it was like to get excited over a F1 race but that was what F1 should be about.

That fastest lap was also a new lap record??

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Jambo said:

A good summary mate.

I had almost forgotten what it was like to get excited over a F1 race but that was what F1 should be about.

That fastest lap was also a new lap record??

Yes it was (qualifying times don't count.)

Remember this?

IMG_1664.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

I sure do mate.

What a great weekend in Singapore.

Going up in that big wheel to watch the practice only to find that Kevin was scared of heights and completely freaked out. :default_biggrin:

What a superb view we had from that balcony. Poor Kevin watching the race on the TV in the room.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

I sure do mate.

What a great weekend in Singapore.

Going up in that big wheel to watch the practice only to find that Kevin was scared of heights and completely freaked out. :default_biggrin:

What a superb view we had from that balcony. Poor Kevin watching the race on the TV in the room.

A truly magical weekend, never to be forgotten. Hard to believe it was 10 years ago. 🏁

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, Shaksey said:

Singapore is one of the Grands Prix I want to attend soon. 

Doing Budapest in a couple of weeks to tick off another one.

I did Budapest back in 2003 , great race Schumacher got blue flagged right in front of us , had to let Alonso through 🙂 

Edited by Stillearly

On 7/25/2019 at 10:08 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't like the pratt but he's right on this one.

F1 is the proverbial dead man walking. See what happens when the TV audiences really start to drop off.

I admit to watching the whole race at Silverstone but normally I just watch the start hoping there is going to be a mass pile up on the first bend all instigated by the two Ferrai's taking one another out. If that has not happened I turn over and watch something more exciting like synchronised swimming or Morris Dancing.

When the talking heads spend for ever discussing undercuts and one or two stop strategies you know, just know, Fi is all f***d up.

Apart from the actual racing generally being a boring procession the cars themselves look rediculous dressed up with all the wings and flaps tacked on to them all designed to get the last tiny extra bit of downforce. Get rid of all that shit and so what if the cars don't hold the road so well. Motor racing is meant to be exciting and dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Jambo said:

F1 is the proverbial dead man walking. See what happens when the TV audiences really start to drop off.

I admit to watching the whole race at Silverstone but normally I just watch the start hoping there is going to be a mass pile up on the first bend all instigated by the two Ferrai's taking one another out. If that has not happened I turn over and watch something more exciting like synchronised swimming or Morris Dancing.

When the talking heads spend for ever discussing undercuts and one or two stop strategies you know, just know, Fi is all f***d up.

Apart from the actual racing generally being a boring procession the cars themselves look rediculous dressed up with all the wings and flaps tacked on to them all designed to get the last tiny extra bit of downforce. Get rid of all that shit and so what if the cars don't hold the road so well. Motor racing is meant to be exciting and dangerous.

Used to like F1 but its as boring as hell these days,as are the drivers.No mavericks like James Hunt,Ayrton Senna etc..

British Touring Car Championship is the only car racing i like now.Proper ramming each other and barging through to overtake.

• Thumbs Up 1