F1

Stillearly

3 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

I just don’t think any sport works without the crowds

Don't think the fans can influence the drivers in F1 , they don't hear the cheering .... it's one of the sports that I think doesn't need the crowds for atmosphere ... looking forward to seeing what it's like 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Have you been to any of the races ? 

No, never, but one day I would love to. 

I have been to several race events at Silverstone but not F1 and loved the atmosphere

Next year British F1 ticket on my bucket list.

For now, feet up.and watch on 55 inch TV with a few tins

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

No, never, but one day I would love to. 

I have been to several race events at Silverstone but not F1 and loved the atmosphere

It's fantastic , managed a few over the years - Hungary , Japan and Australia all once , Barcelona, Malaysia and Brazil multiple times ... Vietnam, Monaco, Singapore on my list  👍

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's fantastic , managed a few over the years - Hungary , Japan and Australia all once , Barcelona, Malaysia and Brazil multiple times ... Vietnam, Monaco, Singapore on my list  👍

Must have been great but not cheap, I would imagine.

14 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Must have been great but not cheap, I would imagine.

Malaysia was very cheap , About £120 for grandstand seat for the weekend ... Australia was the most expensive ( £400 for Fri-Sat - Sun )  ... Vietnam looked fairly reasonable when I was researching earlier on this year ( can't remember exact prices ) but will definitely look to go in 2021 

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Malaysia was very cheap , About £120 for grandstand seat for the weekend ... Australia was the most expensive ( £400 for Fri-Sat - Sun )  ... Vietnam looked fairly reasonable when I was researching earlier on this year ( can't remember exact prices ) but will definitely look to go in 2021 

Yeah it seems to vary. I have never travelled specifically for an event abroad. I suppose because factoring in travel and accommodation could work out expensive.

A trip to Malaysia for the F1 weekend would cost me around 1200/1300 all in I reckon including a bit of nightlife and restaurants

56 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yeah it seems to vary. I have never travelled specifically for an event abroad. I suppose because factoring in travel and accommodation could work out expensive.

A trip to Malaysia for the F1 weekend would cost me around 1200/1300 all in I reckon including a bit of nightlife and restaurants

The only weekend trips I did were to Barcelona and Hungary - the others were part of a longer holiday or a side trip - Brazil I normally do for two/three weeks , Japan and Malaysia I did to break up trips to Thailand 

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

World Superbike at Portimao in Portugal was on my list for this year, only £40 for a 3 day ticket. 

But that's on the red list at the moment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:52 AM, Stillearly said:

Have you been to any of the races ? 

Did Silverstone 3 times back in 1994-95-96! Have a great photo (if i can still find it) of all the Benetton team in their motorhome in the paddock, all wearing their Mild Seven shirts but all smoking Marlboro fags! Oh the irony!

Went to Monza in 1998 (climbed over the outer wall to get in without paying) and saw Michael Schumacher and Eddie Ervine give Ferrari 1st and 2nd position on the podium!!!! The whole of Monza absolutely erupted in noise! I feel honoured to have been there and joined in the celebrations.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, Nightcrawler said:

You'd also need a time machine as the Malaysian Grand Prix was dropped from the calendar three years ago. :default_crybaby:

4 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

You'd also need a time machine as the Malaysian Grand Prix was dropped from the calendar three years ago. :default_crybaby:

A real shame , I was at the last one , t's a great circuit , think it still host MotorGP 

Edited by Stillearly

34 minutes ago, karon steve said:

Mercedes has changed the livery of their F1 cars to black “a signal of the team's commitment to fighting racism and discrimination in all it's forms”

So why isn't Bottas's car silver or white?

So painting your car black is how you fight racism?

Guess Martin Luther King got it all wrong. :default_abe: 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, karon steve said:

Mercedes has changed the livery of their F1 cars to black “a signal of the team's commitment to fighting racism and discrimination in all it's forms”

So why isn't Bottas's car silver or white?

I'm reading that the little arrogant prick Hamilton is getting ready to throw his toys out of his pram now because there's some drivers who don't want to take the knee before the race. Seriously when is all this crap going to end ?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I'm reading that the little arrogant prick Hamilton is getting ready to throw his toys out of his pram now because there's some drivers who don't want to take the knee before the race. Seriously when is all this crap going to end ?

Where did you read that?