F1

Stillearly

The arrogant little prick has totally done it for me now. I didn't bother watching the build up as I think it's a load of shite, I watched the race and at the end I thought 'ok, he did well there, can't fault him' and then he comes out with that shit and wearing that stuff, if it was anyone else or someone wearing a 'White Lives Matter' shirt they'd be banned. I'll bet he's not punished in any way at all. Well done to Albon too, he deserved that after yesterdays drive.

33128540-0-image-a-5_1600018048972.jpg33128548-0-image-m-4_1600018036496.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

The arrogant little prick has totally done it for me now. I didn't bother watching the build up as I think it's a load of shite, I watched the race and at the end I thought 'ok, he did well there, can't fault him' and then he comes out with that shit and wearing that stuff, if it was anyone else or someone wearing a 'White Lives Matter' shirt they'd be banned. I'll bet he's not punished in any way at all. Well done to Albon too, he deserved that after yesterdays drive.

33128540-0-image-a-5_1600018048972.jpg33128548-0-image-m-4_1600018036496.jpg

That sanctimonious little shitweasel is now an embarrassment to himself and to the sport.

Bet the sponsors underneath that shirt are not too pleased either.   

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently the FIA are investigating the matter to see if he broke any rules I doubt if he cleared it with it with FIA, but Mercedes must have known. 

I thought the original purpose of his BLM campaign was about giving people equality in the Sport. He seems to have gone beyond that and not even the commentators mentioned his TShirt and left speechless. 

In my view, the are already enough internal. Politics within the sport and regardless of whether he is World Champion or not, he should not be using F1 to promote political and social justice  issues beyond the sport. 

I think he went too far last weekend and I am sure that there will be plenty of discussion behind the scenes within F1 teams and indeed the FIA. 

Whether any current rules have been broken, I have no idea as this is the first time we have seen a driver sporting their own clothing on the podium

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Apparently the FIA are investigating the matter to see if he broke any rules I doubt if he cleared it with it with FIA, but Mercedes must have known. 

I thought the original purpose of his BLM campaign was about giving people equality in the Sport. He seems to have gone beyond that and not even the commentators mentioned his TShirt and left speechless. 

In my view, the are already enough internal. Politics within the sport and regardless of whether he is World Champion or not, he should not be using F1 to promote political and social justice  issues beyond the sport. 

I think he went too far last weekend and I am sure that there will be plenty of discussion behind the scenes within F1 teams and indeed the FIA. 

Whether any current rules have been broken, I have no idea as this is the first time we have seen a driver sporting their own clothing on the podium

He's a f****** twat and he's lost my support from over many many years, i wonder how many other of his long standing fans feel like me.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

No further action and Wolff says he has the backing of the team. Hamilton seems to have 'forgotten' the Mercedes history in WW2 but seems to remember all about the slave trade from 100's of years ago. How convenient for him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54161846

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Vietnam dropped from F1 for 2021 .... I looked at going this year , obviously it never happened... Not sure how much they spent on the course that will never be used ......R4 is currently blank 

"Why did Vietnam race collapse?

The removal of Vietnam, which at the time was the first new event introduced by F1's new owners Liberty Media, has been triggered by the arrest on corruption charges of a key official responsible for the race in Hanoi.

Hanoi People's Committee chairman Nguyen Duc Chung was arrested in August for alleged appropriation of documents containing state secrets.

The case is not related to his involvement in the grand prix.

However, Chung was the key figure in the race being introduced and championed it with the national government. His absence has led to a vacuum and Vietnamese authorities have told F1 that the government has other priorities, including key elections, the pandemic and recovery from a typhoon.

Talks are ongoing with regard to a possible race in Vietnam in 2022, but the situation raises the significant possibility that the event may never happen.

Any replacement race next year would be at one of the tracks added to the calendar this year as a result of the pandemic, with Turkey, Italy's Imola and Portugal's Portimao the leading candidates."

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

Can someone who knows F1 well please comment on what happened to Stroll today? I watched live, and he maintained his lead for half the race. Leads by a few seconds, then after the pit for tire change, and without crashing, gives up a minute or so in 25 laps? Who’s to blame here, the team or the driver? Sounded like he wanted to stay out a while longer. But when the pole sitter seemed to be losing 5-7 seconds on some laps.....I don’t know, that’s quite a collapse

Anyway, congrats to Hamilton and Perez for great performances 

13 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Can someone who knows F1 well please comment on what happened to Stroll today? I watched live, and he maintained his lead for half the race. Leads by a few seconds, then after the pit for tire change, and without crashing, gives up a minute or so in 25 laps? Who’s to blame here, the team or the driver? Sounded like he wanted to stay out a while longer. But when the pole sitter seemed to be losing 5-7 seconds on some laps.....I don’t know, that’s quite a collapse

Anyway, congrats to Hamilton and Perez for great performances 

I think the pressure got to him, when they told him to pit he wasn't happy on the radio and they gave him a new set of intermediates, which was the correct choice, for some reason his head went and he couldn't drive as well. All of the rest of the field were also on intermediates and Lewis actually finished the race on the one set without pitting which was incredible. Watching him cool the tyres on the straight by running throuh the water then taking 1st place was amazing and proves beyond doubt what a worthy 7th time world champ he is.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I think the pressure got to him, when they told him to pit he wasn't happy on the radio and they gave him a new set of intermediates, which was the correct choice, for some reason his head went and he couldn't drive as well. All of the rest of the field were als on intermediates and Lewis actually finished the race on the one set without pitting which was incredible. Watching him cool the tyres on the straight by running throuh the water then taking 1st place was amazing and proves beyond doubt what a worthy 7th time world champ he is.

No doubt Lewis stole the show, my jaw continually dropped when I saw the leads he opened up. I’m by no means the biggest F1 fan, but was very excited when Stroll just seemed to be cruising in the lead for over half the race. Never seen a guy finish that bad unless it was a gearbox or collision. 
I also think his attitude/skills are to blame, is it really OK to blame it 100% on his rubber? Another thing that’s as obvious was the effects of the wet conditions, Stroll’s pole was 1:47, and was the best in qualifying. Then even when he was leading comfortably, the best lap kept flashing, I think it got to 1:39xxx......but it was never Stroll. 
So the patriot in me was confident, but the pessimist in me knew he couldn’t lead forever. Still, didn’t expect Lewis to beat him by over a minute, but hey........Lewis is a legend.

Once the pandemic settles down and I’m settled in Montreal for good, I am definitely checking out the Grand Prix. Good seats ain’t cheap, but it’s an awesome weekend. Still remember shooting pool on race day, across the river in 1990’s....the engines can be heard from that far away

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

No doubt Lewis stole the show, my jaw continually dropped when I saw the leads he opened up. I’m by no means the biggest F1 fan, but was very excited when Stroll just seemed to be cruising in the lead for over half the race. Never seen a guy finish that bad unless it was a gearbox or collision. 
I also think his attitude/skills are to blame, is it really OK to blame it 100% on his rubber? Another thing that’s as obvious was the effects of the wet conditions, Stroll’s pole was 1:47, and was the best in qualifying. Then even when he was leading comfortably, the best lap kept flashing, I think it got to 1:39xxx......but it was never Stroll. 
So the patriot in me was confident, but the pessimist in me knew he couldn’t lead forever. Still, didn’t expect Lewis to beat him by over a minute, but hey........Lewis is a legend.

Once the pandemic settles down and I’m settled in Montreal for good, I am definitely checking out the Grand Prix. Good seats ain’t cheap, but it’s an awesome weekend. Still remember shooting pool on race day, across the river in 1990’s....the engines can be heard from that far away

Many of the races are down to pure power of the car, coupled with a good driver, but when you have a track like that one and wet conditions, it's a massive equaliser. Remember they all have the same tyres. For Lewis to go from 6th place to winning with such a margin was incredible. Without doubt he is one of the all time best ever drivers and the best in wet, difficult conditions for sure. How many of those world class drivers did you see that couldn't keep their car on the track?

Loads.

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

How many of those world class drivers did you see that couldn't keep their car on the track?

Loads.

Was almost as bad as every winter’s first storm where I live...only difference is the main rule of “slow down” can’t be enforced too much by F1 drivers, or they get lapped! 

5 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Was almost as bad as every winter’s first storm where I live...only difference is the main rule of “slow down” can’t be enforced too much by F1 drivers, or they get lapped! 

We just need a light dusting of snow for the roads to be in chaos and the schools closed .... 555

Just now, Stillearly said:

We just need a light dusting of snow for the roads to be in chaos and the schools closed .... 555

It’s like that in Vancouver as well with its temperate climate, they get a sprinkle every 3-5 years, no one bothers purchasing winter tires for that. 

Oh, and it has nothing to do with Chinese driving skills either......that would be racist 🤔

22 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

The 2021 schedule.....hope the first driver who DNF is not beheaded on November 28

45AC506B-4057-4984-8740-33D9064794CC.jpeg

That's interesting, I didn't realise the Canadian GP was early June. I am usually fishing an hours drive South of Montreal in the first week of June every year. I may look at that next year or the year after.