Sign in to follow this  
247 NEWS

Love gone wrong in Thailand

Love gone wrong in Thailand – another cautionary tale

Screen-Shot-2019-06-07-at-12.27.32.jpg

by Nanthapong Siwilai – TMN Cable TV

A Swiss man has shared his story of love-gone-wrong-in-Thailand to TMN Cable TV in Pattaya. It’s a story of riches-to-rags, a story all to common and another cautionary tale of expats seeking love and companionship in the Land of Smiles.

Now Tony Niko, originally from Switzerland, is sweeping up at a temple in Jomtien, south of Pattaya battling to make ends meet each day. But it wasn’t always like this.

According to TMN, he used to earn at least 300,000 baht a month running a building extension firm in his home country. He employed 50 people. Then he decided to come to Thailand. He says he was the “‘ when he met the love of his life on Walking Street, Pattaya (the first of many ‘aha’ moments in the story).

Her name was Leuchakorn.

The happy couple spent seven years together. As the story goes, Tony bought her a house, a car and a land in Rayong. Tony financed a new laundry business for her as well. Tony told TMN Cable TV that he had a nest egg of 10 million baht in Thailand in the early days. Surely, along with their local businesses, the money would be enough to last.

Then Tony asked her the big question. He proposed to Leuchakorn for the pair to be married and continue living in wedded bliss, Thai-style.

According to the story Leuchakorn then told Tony that she couldn’t marry him at the she was going to work ‘up country’. The house and land were sold, of course in her name, and then (roll the drums)…

… she vanished.

And that’s about it. Tony says he has nothing left and searched for Leuchakorn for three years, but to no avail.

He says he still loves her and wants to be re-united and continue their life together. For now he lives at a local temple and helps keeping the grounds clean whilst being helped out by some locals who know him.

Tony is now 56 years old, intends to keep living in Thailand and says he has nothing but that he is ‘happy’.

62153550_1238925169607930_2324455756797050880_n.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-06-07-at-12.26.19.jpg

Posted (edited)

Feel sorry for the guy but I have met guys like him that are so naive when they arrive in Thailand. It is sad that guys put their trust and money into a relationship that has favoured considerably the partner.

Some guys just put their heads in the sand and start the process of their demise, I would also say though that I know more successful unions than failed ones.

Stories like this always amuse some people which I find sad, these guys may be idiots but I am sure they didn't start out in their partnerships knowingly expecting to be scammed or fleeced.

I feel for the guy, at least he is trying to make it in his community rather than falling apart on the streets.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2

How does he get his permission to stay extended?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I was wondering the same thing. By his own admission "he has nothing". Now that his name and pic in the news I wouldn't be surprised to see a news update that he's been arrested and deported.

Edited to add: It's a sad situation he's in, but have to wonder what possessed him to allow his circumstances to get publicized rather than keeping a low profile.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

but have to wonder what possessed him to allow his circumstances to get publicized rather than keeping a low profile.

The same thing that made him fall in love, lose all his money, got ripped off, but still "loves" her....

This kind of things, even seen it over and over, really still puzzles me.

Then again, there is maybe another side to the story ....

53 minutes ago, fygjam said:

As long as he stays on temple grounds (with permission of the abbot), the police and immigration service are unlikely to bother him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

As long as he stays on temple grounds (with permission of the abbot), the police and immigration service are unlikely to bother him.

56 y old.  Speak about a great way to finish your live ....

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

It wouldn't be my cup of tea.

7 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Only 6 years older than me and i ain't got a pot to piss in either.

At least he has had dough.😀

• Like 1

Poor c**t, a sad story.

And to me it speaks volumes about people that find this sorta stuff funny.

Some of the stories amaze me, but I can't find it in myself to find them funny or glee at someone's demise like this.

But each to their own ...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Freee!! said:

Maybe or maybe not.

Some 19 Buddhist monks arrested, hiding from their
criminal past

Thai police have pledged to make 2019 the year in which temples will be cleaned
up. The abbot at Wat Ro Charoen was on the run for 15 years in connection with
attempted murder and illegal weapons possession. Donations to Buddhist
entities total US$ 3.6 billion a year. Government and religious leaders have
adopted measures to save the image of the country’s dominant religion.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Some-19-Buddhist-monks-arrested,-hiding-from-their-criminal-past-46288.html

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Maybe or maybe not.

Some 19 Buddhist monks arrested, hiding from their
criminal past

Thai police have pledged to make 2019 the year in which temples will be cleaned
up. The abbot at Wat Ro Charoen was on the run for 15 years in connection with
attempted murder and illegal weapons possession. Donations to Buddhist
entities total US$ 3.6 billion a year. Government and religious leaders have
adopted measures to save the image of the country’s dominant religion.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Some-19-Buddhist-monks-arrested,-hiding-from-their-criminal-past-46288.html

All bets are of if/when the police raid the temple because some monks and/or the abbot have gone rogue, but until that time, a single overstaying foreigner, who isn't bothering anyone, is unlikely to be the cause of a raid, especially as this is in line with the image of the country's dominant religion.

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Poor c**t, a sad story.

And to me it speaks volumes about people that find this sorta stuff funny.

Some of the stories amaze me, but I can't find it in myself to find them funny or glee at someone's demise like this.

But each to their own ...

I can see where you are coming from but anyone that retires at 49 , with a "nest egg" of 10 million Baht ( £200,000 seven years ago ) is seriously deluded ... even if he hadn't have met the girl , he could have easily got through that cash living a single life .. they would be doing him a favour by sending him home imho 

• Thumbs Up 1

His back story doesn't add up either , surely if you are employing 50 people in your business you are going to be making a lot more than 300,000 a month ....

back then at 50 to the pound that would be , £6,000 per month , so he was only making £30 a week off each person he employed...seems very low to me 

• Thumbs Up 1

Going on tv won’t help him. Immigration will see this and be popping over to the temple soon, but not to make merit.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

His back story doesn't add up either , surely if you are employing 50 people in your business you are going to be making a lot more than 300,000 a month ....

back then at 50 to the pound that would be , £6,000 per month , so he was only making £30 a week off each person he employed...seems very low to me 

do they use pounds in Switzerland ?

4 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

To be franc, no.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

They use any currency they can get there hands on  £££€€€$$$¥¥¥ 😉 

Poor bloke.

Thats what you get when you marry a Leprechaun.Little gold diggers those fuckers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Definately one of these.

Jimmy-Hill-September-1998.jpg

• Haha 1

There's no link to a gofundme page.  When will that be up and running?

4 hours ago, KWA said:

There's no link to a gofundme page.  When will that be up and running?

Or perhaps a brand new YouTube Vlogger.

Sign in to follow this