Sign in to follow this  
forcebwithu

Lazada Wallet No Longer Available to Foreigners

I've been using Lazada Wallet for purchases the last couple of months as I found it a bit more convenient than direct bank payments. The periodic bonuses they automatically deposited to the wallet was also another incentive. Making a purchase today a screen popped up stating I had to authenticate my Lazada account. Clicking on continue I was surprised when this message popped up.

Screen Shot 06-14-19 at 10.48 AM.jpg

A Google search led me to a topic on TV that had a screenshot of one of their BM's chat session with Lazada. Here's the key response from Lazada that explained the change.
Screen Shot 06-14-19 at 11.00 AM.JPG

While I can still use the balance of 929.99 in my wallet for purchases, there is no provision of using the balance against purchases higher than what is in my wallet. So that means unless I make a purchase(s) of exactly 929.99, there will always be some balance in my account that I'm effectively shut out from using.

As for the AMLO reg, I'm at a loss to understand why this wouldn't apply across the board to Thais as well as foreigners. Even then, a better solution would have been to limit wallet balances to an amount low enough that it would make its use impractical as a money laundering vehicle.

21 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

While I can still use the balance of 929.99 in my wallet for purchases, there is no provision of using the balance against purchases higher than what is in my wallet. So that means unless I make a purchase(s) of exactly 929.99, there will always be some balance in my account that I'm effectively shut out from using.

Identity verification on Lazada Wallet

Due to the strict TH regulations and in compliance to the Anti Money Laundering laws, we are required to
gather
additional information from our users to continue using the wallet feature of the Lazada account.
Unfortunately, this KYC (Know-Your-Customer) verification is only available for Thai citizen for now.

For foreigner, If you have existing balance in your wallet, you can still use it to pay for your purchase and if
you have wallet balance from your Refunds, please proceed with the normal withdrawal process and we
will transfer the amount to your bank account.

click here to learn how to withdrawal from your Lazada wallet to bank account

If the available balance is from the Deposit, we can assist you by transferring the balance to your bank
account. Kindly provide the bank details and we will process your request within 3-5 working days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/Identity-verification-on-Lazada-Wallet.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.b02c5928vRz2Xy

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 1

18 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

what happens if you tick the other box.. i will see later 555

I tried, but got an error message requiring the Thai citizen's name in Thai. I'll give that route another try when I and my GF have time to sit down together and have her type in the Thai language reply.

26 minutes ago, fygjam said:

click here to learn how to withdrawal from your Lazada wallet to bank account

If the available balance is from the Deposit, we can assist you by transferring the balance to your bank
account. Kindly provide the bank details and we will process your request within 3-5 working days.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/Identity-verification-on-Lazada-Wallet.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.b02c5928vRz2Xy

Their website is wrong that it will allow you to transfer your available balance to your bank account. Only works if you have a refund balance.

Edited to add: Correction, their website isn't wrong. Misread what Lazada had stated on their website. They state "if you have wallet balance from your Refunds, please proceed with the normal withdrawal process". The part you highlighted in red clearly states if the available balance is from the deposit, then you have to use a different process which involves additional assistance on their part.

image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

Oh for the days when PattayaOne News etc used to print photos of the ID cards of those killed in traffic accidents (or arrested).

• Haha 2

Sign in to follow this