247 NEWS

British bar owner arrested on 8-YEAR overstay.

British bar owner arrested on 8-YEAR overstay.

1.png

Banmuang reported that following complaints a team from Prachuap Khiri Khan immigration arrested a 50 year old British man by the name of Michael Gary Doyle on Thursday.

Mr Doyle’s passport had expired in 2011 and he was consequently on overstay of 2,917 days since June of 2011.

He was arrested at house number 22/8 on Phoonsuk Road in downtown Hua Hin. Banmuang said Mr Doyle ran a beer bar and had been married to a Thai woman.

When his wife died he went into depression and kept himself to himself. Pictures seemed to show immigration officers at the bar.
He is now in the custody of the Prachuap Khiri Khan immigration. – Banmuang

2.png

https://bangkokjack.com/2019/06/14/british-bar-owner-arrested-overstay/

2 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes I really can't believe the length of time some over stay.. i guess in the sticks many dont even have a valid passport for years and never mind a visa same as this guy.....

I have to say I know a guy who has overstayed in the Philippines for more than 15 years, one day they will catch up with him and he is in his 70's.  Thing is he thinks they will just deport his arse, I tend to believe they will bleed him dry from behind bars first.  Just was too lazy to ever go renew his visa.

Edited by Horizondave

Used to be another well known Mr Doyle owned a bar in Pattaya ........... until he done a ......... few BMs on here will know who I mean. :default_gathering:

Was very fond of Ting Tong ..... back in the day in the Drunken D......

Used to be another well known Mr Doyle owned a bar in Pattaya ........... until he done a ......... few BMs on here will know who I mean. :default_gathering:
Was very fond of Ting Tong ..... back in the day in the Drunken D......

Birmingham City fan. Approach with caution.
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Birmingham City fan. Approach with caution.

A legendary Zulu Warrior he told me :default_devil:..... Brummie till i die ....... loved his footie ..... 

58 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

A legendary Zulu Warrior he told me :default_devil:..... Brummie till i die ....... loved his footie ..... 

What happened to the big flash nightclub he opened up in Udon Thani?

10 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I bumped into him a few times in Udon and at first it was doing ok and then the next thing it was not making money for some reason and he ended up back here in the UK

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

Ya wanna know ???? ...... Groggy .... :default_gathering: ...true story .... few BMs on here know this ..... 

Ya wanna know ???? ...... Groggy .... :default_gathering: ...true story .... few BMs on here know this ..... 

If you feel like telling me the story I’ll listen.

Don’t know the person but I reckon he did a c**t of an act with the sale of the Drunken Duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A legendary Zulu Warrior he told me default_devil.gif..... Brummie till i die ....... loved his footie ..... 

Every blue nose I ever meet over here recons they were a hard core Zulu warrior. *yawn*

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes I really can't believe the length of time some over stay.. i guess in the sticks many dont even have a valid passport for years and never mind a visa same as this guy.....

They'll be founded out soon probably as police and army are doing the rounds in the sticks these days checking paperwork. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Esco said:

They'll be founded out soon probably as police and army are doing the rounds in the sticks these days checking paperwork. 

I had a couple of ex pat mates in Udon who had visits from immigration last year requesting paperwork on right to reside/ visa etc.

My friends do things by the book so no issues and immigration guys were polite and professional 

its becoming commonplace I do believe. 

15 minutes ago, AJSP said:

I had a couple of ex pat mates in Udon who had visits from immigration last year requesting paperwork on right to reside/ visa etc.

My friends do things by the book so no issues and immigration guys were polite and professional 

its becoming commonplace I do believe. 

Another reason to avoid Thailand IMO... I mean, how many places in the world immigration will come visit your home and ask your papers ?

Even polite and professional .

Now, maybe it is something temporary , a big cleanup after realizing how the system has been abused since decades ?

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Another reason to avoid Thailand IMO... I mean, how many places in the world immigration will come visit your home and ask your papers ?

Now, maybe it is something temporary , a big cleanup after realizing how the system has been abused since decades ?

They'll do it in Australia although more likely visit the place of work employing illegal (overstaying) visitors. UK as well I believe.

29 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I don’t have an issue with it neither did my two friends. If you do it properly what’s to moan about? Its just about doing things right. 

All over in 10 mins and I very much doubt they’ll get a visit again. 

I wish we did it more here in the UK rather than just  target my favourite ‘indian’ restaurant 😂

25 minutes ago, fygjam said:

They'll do it in Australia although more likely visit the place of work employing illegal (overstaying) visitors. UK as well I believe.

Workplace , factories, construction sites, yes . Because thats where the most illegals will be.

Same is done in HKG and Macau.

If in Thailand they did this in construction and fishery, they would be catching loads of people I think....

12 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

If in Thailand they did this in construction and fishery, they would be catching loads of people I think.... so many the economy would collapse.

FTFY 😉

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, thegrogmonster said:

He went to renew the licence and fell foul of the new licensing laws few years ago. No bars within 400 metres / 800 metres can't remember which of a school could sell booze.

He had a school just down the road and no way round it end of liquor licence. Few mates visited said it was a great bar ......... all on lockdown now.

Thailand eh :default_fpc: The Land of Smiles .......hmmm... 

13 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

He went to renew the licence and fell foul of the new licensing laws few years ago. No bars within 400 metres / 800 metres can't remember which of a school could sell booze.

He had a school just down the road and no way round it end of liquor licence. Few mates visited said it was a great bar ......... all on lockdown now.

Thailand eh :default_fpc: The Land of Smiles .......hmmm... 

Could that be called "Karma".

• Haha 2