Why we've been wed so long....

Yesterday the missus said to me "You have to go to Sainsbury's to buy wine"....she had a £6 off voucher if you spent £40+.

I love buying wine,almost as much as I love drinking it.🍷

It's no wonder that we've been married for so long!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Yesterday the missus said to me "You have to go to Sainsbury's to buy wine"....she had a £6 off voucher if you spent £40+.

I love buying wine,almost as much as I love drinking it.🍷

It's no wonder that we've been married for so long!

I get sucked in with the bonus nectar points offers 🤡

My misses told me on Sunday that she had filled both cars up with fuel! and little son handed me a box wrapped in shiny paper, containing a “Worlds Best Dad” coffee mug, with the price tag still attached🤣

Took a while to figure out it was Father’s Day. 

19 years and counting. 👍🤗

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

10 Years last Sunday (yes, we got married on Valentine's day, there was one spot left on that day when we checked after finally getting a declaration of no objection from immigration about five weeks before Valentine's day). It makes for an easy date to remember.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, coxyhog said:

Also every now & then they have 25% off 6 bottles or more,that's when I go mad.

Only problem is you think they'll last a month but you make a pig of yourself and finish them in a weekend 😔

• Haha 2

When I met my wife she was 18, 5ft-4ins and weighed 51Kgs and was fit as hell, always exercising even in the Thai heat. She did keep fit exercises in a large group outside the Hua Hin council offices in the midday sun!

Then after our son was born 10+ years ago, she put on weight and got up to around 67Kgs. But 5 years ago she got back into keep fit and is now back down to 49Kgs, so below her original weight, despite eating like a horse. 🤗

Now her and our son are always off on their bicycles for a 15 mile ride, plus she’s always doing exercises at home in the garden with him. 
Puts me to shame. ☹️

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KhunDon said:

When I met my wife she was 18, 5ft-4ins and weighed 51Kgs and was fit as hell, always exercising even in the Thai heat. She did keep fit exercises in a large group outside the Hua Hin council offices in the midday sun!

Then after our son was born 10+ years ago, she put on weight and got up to around 67Kgs. But 5 years ago she got back into keep fit and is now back down to 49Kgs, so below her original weight, despite eating like a horse. 🤗

Now her and our son are always off on their bicycles for a 15 mile ride, plus she’s always doing exercises at home in the garden with him. 
Puts me to shame. ☹️

Good on her for coming back from 67 kg and back to 49 kg...not an easy task at all. Especially for women. 

We both feel so much better with a consistent work out schedule. Even for an old "hack" like me, health is a big priority. 

Hope we all have many more years of happiness with our partners.

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_2064-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thursday it will be 19 years since the day we met.  She's not my first wife but she'll be my last.  

She's put on about 6kg in those years and after a couple kids.  I wish I'd only put on 6kg.

She did fine living 10+ years in my home country, but now we're happy to finish the journey in Thailand.

Edited by tko
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

21 years together for us.

She was 45 kg when I met her, is down to 38kg now but getting the weight back on. She's brilliant, supportive and generous, works hard and is a great mother.

I really hit pay dirt when I met her.

Annoying habits (hers):

Stays on the toilet reading the paper for ages.

keeps slipping the clutch on her car when changing up.

snores.

Has a habit of taking a bite out of something like a cake or pie, then just leaving it if she doesn't like it.

Keeps pigs heads in the fridge.

Otherwise, no complaints lol.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1