Sign in to follow this  
Britboy

So where do I live in or around Pattaya?

As mentioned in a few posts, I arrive in Patts on August 2nd, for 6 months.

I've booked a hotel for 10 nights, with a view to looking around to find a nice condo to rent for the remaining time.

I'm speaking with JDM, he's been great and will meet him when I arrive to discuss it. I won't make any commitment before I'm actually there and viewed various places.

But where would you guys who live there recommend? I'm looking for a decent sized condo, preferably 2 bed 2 bath with a balcony and an uninterrupted ocean view. A pool and gym in the complex.

Ideally easy walking distance to some shops, restaurants and songtaews.

Quiet location but easily accessible via songtaew to the action (I prefer LK Metro these days).

Budget-wise I'm happy to spend up to 40/45k on the condo per month if that's what it takes.

Looking through the various property websites, there's hundreds upon hundreds of condos for rent. With the low season hitting hard and the weakness of the £ and other currencies, I can't help but feel there's a deal to be had. A few of the good ones are asking for a 12 month let - I'm assuming that'll be negotiable, as while I may well stay a full year, I don't want to commit to more than 6 months initially, until I can get the appropriate visa secured and that I do actually enjoy living there (Hua Hin is a very close 2nd).

So location-wise in or around Pattaya, where would you guys recommend? I'd appreciate the feedback.

Dave, take a look at The Urban condos. Soi 15, walk to LK, The Avenue, pool and gym on site, . Well within your budget. Have a friend who lives there and loves it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blix99 said:

Dave, take a look at The Urban condos. Soi 15, walk to LK, The Avenue, pool and gym on site, . Well within your budget. Have a friend who lives there and loves it.

Thanks for this mate. I've had a hack around the internet, can't find a dedicated website for it. Do you know if there is one?

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

We've used http://www.dancewatchers.com but not for the length of stay that you're looking at.They were very good & you can check availability of each property on their website.

Thanks for this Coxy, much appreciated.

They have some great condos, that's for sure. The website is pretty awful though, a re-design would do them a lot of good.

I've emailed them to see if they're interested in a 6 month rental, so will see what they come back with.

Thanks again.

East Coast Real Estate has some listings you might have a look there. Looking forward to seeing you come August . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blix99 said:

Whilst  I like the soi 15 area, and often stay there, I'm 99% certain that none of the condos there have an uninterrupted  sea view. I know there are 2 (or maybe more) bed condos at both the Urban and City Garden. Let me know and I'll try and get some email addresses for onsite agents if you like.  Afaik neither have their own websites.

I'm guessing there are condos with sea view on pratumnak, and north of dolphin roundabout, but I dont know these areas. Markland on beach road soi 2? View Talay 6 next to central?  I'm in Centre Condo this trip, with a sea view over the top of the temple on pattaya tai, but have no idea whether thay have 2 bedroom units here.

A caution about letting agents.... many of them have the same properties.... I spent a Saturday morning last trip looking at one condo with 4 different agents (not deliberately, just they had something to show me...). I cancelled the 5th... I was also quite annoyed with them as when emailing them from the UK the week prior to arrival, they were all saying there was no availability. When I arrived, and emailed again enquiring, guess what.... they had many to show me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We stayed for 6 weeks in VT-6(the one next to Central Festival) through Dancewatchers,only trouble is you have to be pretty high on the north side or you'll be looking at the Hilton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct, no sea view as fairly low rise. Markland is an interesting possibility but a little far from LK.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Blix99 said:

Correct, no sea view as fairly low rise. Markland is an interesting possibility but a little far from LK.

Agreed, but was trying to think of places between dolphin roundabout and pattaya tai with an uninterrupted  sea view and 2 bedrooms. I fear as always there will need to be compromise...

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm guessing there are condos with sea view on pratumnak, and north of dolphin roundabout, but I dont know these areas. Markland on beach road soi 2? View Talay 6 next to central?  I'm in Centre Condo this trip, with a sea view over the top of the temple on pattaya tai, but have no idea whether thay have 2 bedroom units here.

Center Condo does have 2 bedroom units for rent, a mate stayed there for a year, his was a corner unit and it was huge and high up as well so excellent for the view looking out to the sea and usually an all day breeze.

I'm sure you've thought of this but whatever you do find somewhere where you're not going to be getting the afternoon sun so all those View Talays in Jomtien facing Jomtien will be a nightmare.

Pratamnak is nice as well with the only downside for me being the lack of a decent baht bus route, Soi 6 isn't to bad but start going to Soi's 5 4 3 etc it's going to be a motorbike taxi for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Agreed, but was trying to think of places between dolphin roundabout and pattaya tai with an uninterrupted  sea view and 2 bedrooms. I fear as always there will need to be compromise...

Thanks Painter and I think you're right, it'll end up being a compromise. Unlikely to find the perfect one. I guess the first thing to drop off my hit list would be two bedrooms. One would be ok, as long as it was spacious. Hate the feeling of being cooped up . . . .

33 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Center Condo does have 2 bedroom units for rent, a mate stayed there for a year, his was a corner unit and it was huge and high up as well so excellent for the view looking out to the sea and usually an all day breeze.

I'm sure you've thought of this but whatever you do find somewhere where you're not going to be getting the afternoon sun so all those View Talays in Jomtien facing Jomtien will be a nightmare.

Pratamnak is nice as well with the only downside for me being the lack of a decent baht bus route, Soi 6 isn't to bad but start going to Soi's 5 4 3 etc it's going to be a motorbike taxi for you.

Many thanks for this mate.

I didn't actually realise about the afternoon sun, that's a great point.

I've had a look online at some places in and around Pratamnak - it looks good. Royal Cliff seems to have some reasonable condos too, but a bit far out. Doubt there's baht buses close by. When I come with my mates we stayed at the Sheraton, a bit further out than Royal Cliff. There was usually one baht bus hanging around outside when we wanted to hit the town, but often we had to get a hotel car to drive us in.

Have you considered The Base? Just in from 2nd Road and a tall enough building that you should get a very nice beach view. I've seen units for rent online but they don't seem to be the most spacious condos out there. No idea about 2 bdrm units but I would think that they're available.

Pratumnak area would probably be your best bet for a 2bdrm with beach view, gym and pool, but the compromise would be in needing transport to and from the LK Metro area. But if being there for at least 6 months, you wouldn't be going out there every night, would you? Some very nice bars in Pratumnak, and the action isn't all up in your face.

Much more subtle, which I think would be preferable if staying that long.

But good luck on your search.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Britboy said:

As mentioned in a few posts, I arrive in Patts on August 2nd, for 6 months.

I've booked a hotel for 10 nights, with a view to looking around to find a nice condo to rent for the remaining time.

I'm speaking with JDM, he's been great and will meet him when I arrive to discuss it. I won't make any commitment before I'm actually there and viewed various places.

But where would you guys who live there recommend? I'm looking for a decent sized condo, preferably 2 bed 2 bath with a balcony and an uninterrupted ocean view. A pool and gym in the complex.

Ideally easy walking distance to some shops, restaurants and songtaews.

Quiet location but easily accessible via songtaew to the action (I prefer LK Metro these days).

Budget-wise I'm happy to spend up to 40/45k on the condo per month if that's what it takes.

Looking through the various property websites, there's hundreds upon hundreds of condos for rent. With the low season hitting hard and the weakness of the £ and other currencies, I can't help but feel there's a deal to be had. A few of the good ones are asking for a 12 month let - I'm assuming that'll be negotiable, as while I may well stay a full year, I don't want to commit to more than 6 months initially, until I can get the appropriate visa secured and that I do actually enjoy living there (Hua Hin is a very close 2nd).

So location-wise in or around Pattaya, where would you guys recommend? I'd appreciate the feedback.

Live in Jomtein and get a grab taxi into Pattaya. Plenty good action in Jomtein, you might not need to go to Pattaya. Lst 18 months we lived there, going to Jomtein was a great move. Miss it TBH. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that Farangme.

Through one of the links the guys kindly provided I've swapped emails with Tik and there's a couple available in View Talay 2A.

I'm waiting for an email back with hopefully some answers to a few questions I had, one of which was a Google Maps link.

Do you know if 2A is in a good location, i.e. near the local action, shops, restaurants and baht buses?

4 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Do you you know if 2A is in a good location, i.e. near the local action, shops, restaurants and baht buses?

I think @Rompho Ray used to live there.

I can tell you it is on the Baht bus route into Pattaya, but the issue is whether there will be space on one during the busy periods. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/22/2019 at 11:25 PM, Britboy said:

Through one of the links the guys kindly provided I've swapped emails with Tik and there's a couple available in View Talay 2A.

I'm waiting for an email back with hopefully some answers to a few questions I had, one of which was a Google Maps link.

Do you know if 2A is in a good location, i.e. near the local action, shops, restaurants and baht buses?

Excellent location. I like View Talay. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:14 PM, Mr. Smooth said:

Have you considered The Base? Just in from 2nd Road and a tall enough building that you should get a very nice beach view. I've seen units for rent online but they don't seem to be the most spacious condos out there. No idea about 2 bdrm units but I would think that they're available.

Personally I would avoid The Base , with the construction work going on at the old Diana Inn site ( The Edge ) , plus it seems to be used for a lot of short term let's , always seemed to be loads of people arriving / leaving with suitcases at the entrance 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Personally I would avoid The Base , with the construction work going on at the old Diana Inn site ( The Edge ) , plus it seems to be used for a lot of short term let's , always seemed to be loads of people arriving / leaving with suitcases at the entrance 

Thanks Stillearly.

Yes, I do like quiet in the room and I've sometimes stayed at places where there's just too many comings and goings, plus if one is next door or upstairs/downstairs from two week millionaires it can be bedlam. Ideally I'd like a place where I'm surrounded by other expats who are there long term.

Having said that, I'll have my parties and play music, but I'll also be considerate.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:25 PM, Britboy said:

We stayed in 2A last trip,just a short walk to either a baht bus into Pattaya or bars/restaurants in Jomtien.We were only there for 2 weeks but loved it.

Bear in mind I'm 66 in August so not the party animal I once was🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

We stayed in 2A last trip,just a short walk to either a baht bus into Pattaya or bars/restaurants in Jomtien.We were only there for 2 weeks but loved it.

Bear in mind I'm 66 in August so not the party animal I once was🙄

Thanks Coxyhog, that's great to know.

Was it generally peaceful while in your condo, particularly during the day?

I've emailed Tik back, I don't really want to commit to something like 6 months anywhere before I arrive and take a look around at what's available at the time (excellent advice from JDM), so I may well lose the one available in 2A. Let's see.

Very peaceful,when in the elevator I was usually one of the younger ones....

We found Tik very helpful.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this