A day out in the UK

Looking good Phil, but the baby has more hair than you now. 🤪

Remember dad taking us in the his little Austin A30 all the way from the South coast to Minehead, for a day out. I must have been about 8 years old. Can’t remember much about it, but thought it strange to drive all that way to the seaside, when we lived 50 yards from the beach at home. A trip like that was almost an expedition back then, considering it was about 100 miles away and it was 1960.

The chorus from the back seat was always “are we there yet”? and the reply was always the same, “it’s over the next hill”. 🤣

12 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Looking good Phil, but the baby has more hair than you now. 🤪

Remember dad taking us in the his little Austin A30 all the way from the South coast to Minehead, for a day out. I must have been about 8 years old. Can’t remember much about it, but thought it strange to drive all that way to the seaside, when we lived 50 yards from the beach at home. A trip like that was almost an expedition back then, considering it was about 100 miles away and it was 1960.

The chorus from the back seat was always “are we there yet”? and the reply was always the same, “it’s over the next hill”. 🤣

I always remember it not taking too long.. maybe an hour is my grandads vauxhall vivi

1980_Vauxhall_Viva_1300_green.jpg

Got a speeding ticket on the road, it wouldn't have happened in the 70'S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

I always remember it not taking too long.. maybe an hour is my grandads vauxhall vivi

1980_Vauxhall_Viva_1300_green.jpg

Got a speeding ticket on the road, it wouldn't have happened in the 70'S

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Dad had a Vauxhall after his Austin, the little boxy one, in grey. DNU 543C Reg  

We used to sit on the side of the drive as kids and watch it rust. 🤣

BA0CE81A-7937-47F9-ADA4-014DC7C42E4B.jpeg

Dad's Viva, granddad's Viva...

Bloody hell, I had a Viva....Am I that old ? 🤔🤔😪😪

20151102_075556-1024x576.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...