Sign in to follow this  
247 NEWS

Body falls from Airplane and lands three feet from a sunbather in London

Body falls from Airplane and lands three feet from a sunbather in London

3c33e6565d1a02312728c8d293489a07.png

The body of a suspected stowaway aboard a Kenya Airways plane that plummeted to the ground in London on Sunday afternoon landed just three feet away from a sunbathing resident in Clapham.

The person fell from the plane as it was lowering the landing gear in preparation for landing at Heathrow Airport. 

A friend of the sunbathing tenant told The Sun: "He was so lucky not to be hit and killed. The impact obliterated the body."

The sunbather, who is in his 20s, was lying down sleeping in the garden when the migrant's body fell from the undercarriage of the Boeing 787 aircraft.

744a2e095d1a0231272855990754fefd.jpg

The impact in the garden was so forceful that it left a large crater in the garden and smashed their garden path to pieces. 

The sunbather's friend, who was in the house at the time of the incident, continued: "He didn't even realise what it was to begin with. He was asleep and then there was a huge impact.

"The body literally landed one metre away from him and was obliterated. My friend was very shaken.

"There were a few of us in the house at the time and it was lucky only one of us was in the garden.

"Nobody would have survived being hit. The impact was horrific."

Since the incident, the sunbather has moved temporarily from the £2.3m rented house to stay with his parents for a while.

b58725b75d1a0231272820bf05346529-2.jpg

A neighbour said: "I heard a whomp so I went to look out the window. At first I thought it was a tramp asleep.

"I had a closer look. I saw there was blood all over the walls of the garden and his head was not in a good way.

"I spoke to Heathrow and they said this happens once every five years. There was a previous man who was frozen and this one, he was like an ice block."

The force made by the impact made it difficult for police to identify whether the person was a man or a woman.

It is also not known whether the person was alive or dead at the time of the fall, although they would have had to spend nine hours in a low oxygen environment enduring temperatures of -60C whilst the aeroplane was in flight.

31ed8d285d1a95882728c5f13bffe25f.png

The Kenya Airways flight passed over the house at around 15:30pm on Sunday at about 3,500 feet and travelling at 200mph.

A police statement issued after the incident read: "A bag, water and some food were discovered in the landing gear compartment once it landed at the airport.

"Enquiries continue, led by the South Central Command Unit and the Met's Aviation Policing Command. Officers will be liaising with the airline and international authorities."

The death is not being treated as suspicious but enquiries are underway to ascertain the full circumstances.

This is the reason I always a take a few glances up whenever I happen to be walking close to one the View Talays or various other high rises about town. I don't need some f**k stick landing on and killing my innocent bystanding ass along with him or herself. :default_biggrin:

fall.gif

• Haha 1

Very sad but I would be more worried about the security implications of somebody easily accessing a plane on the tarmac at an international airport.... that ability in the wrong hands could kill more than just the stowaway, give incredible stress to many bereaved families and insurance companies would also be very unhappy at having to pay out for the loss of the plane and passengers.

• Like 1

It looks like he has made a bit of a dint into the persons back garden:-

2_SWNS_PLANE_BODY_0005.jpg

0_SWNS_PLANE_BODY_04.jpg

I would imagine the body was frozen solid from flying in an unpressurised compartment above 30,000 ft for any length of time. When the landing gear was extended it would be like dropping a rock.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 247 NEWS said:

Since the incident, the sunbather has moved temporarily from the £2.3m rented house to stay with his parents for a while.

Poor soul, they have to go and visit mummy and daddy. I would have thought a trip to buy some new underwear would be first order of business.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was in my office one day in Norwich about 20 years ago, working on my PC, when something caught my eye out of the window just to my left.

It was the guttering and about 5 foot of roof on the building opposite sliding downwards. Couldn't believe my eyes. I got up and saw about 30 foot of guttering and roof slam down on the pavement below. Amazingly nobody was walking directly underneath it - it was quite a busy side road. A massive smash on the pavement, debris all over the road and damaging some parked cars.

You never know and as Steelers4Life says, walking under one of the apartment blocks is fraught with danger. So many jumpers in Thailand.

• Like 1

Body falling from the sky. Hardly be news in Pattaya would it?

Anyway, reckon this is fake news. £2.3m for that shithole?     :default_acute:

Friends of the Kenya Airline victim have described him as a nice guy, very down to earth.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

Friends of the Kenya Airline victim have described him as a nice guy, very down to earth.

You mean he was staff ?

Question raised on Pprune forum was that, besides the possible security fails in Nairobi, the guy could have been ground staff.

Which then again raises the question that a ground staff should know about the very little chances to survive a trip in the wheel hold ?

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

You mean he was staff ?

Question raised on Pprune forum was that, besides the possible security fails in Nairobi, the guy could have been ground staff.

Which then again raises the question that a ground staff should know about the very little chances to survive a trip in the wheel hold ?

I think you missed the attempt at a joke -very down to earth.

• Like 1

Just now, jcolorado said:

I think you missed the attempt at a joke -very down to earth.

Oops....the english speaking part of my brain is not yet completely wake up...🙈🙈

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Al McReady said:

bwahahahahaha, I see what you did there !!

• Like 1

His details have just been released, his name was Amin Yahflowerbed, 28, from Nairobi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

On 7/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, Horizondave said:

Very sad but I would be more worried about the security implications of somebody easily accessing a plane on the tarmac at an international airport.... that ability in the wrong hands could kill more than just the stowaway, give incredible stress to many bereaved families and insurance companies would also be very unhappy at having to pay out for the loss of the plane and passengers.

Especially with the problems Kenya has had with muslim extremists from Somalia - Al Shabaab.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this