How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
RR007

New Visa system for tourist visas up and running

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

How long till they remove the need for a visa stamp in the passport do you reckon and how would it be integrated with airlines ?

I think just rolling out this evisa application process will be measured in years and wouldn't like to guess on developing it further.

• Like 1

RR007....If you are in Cornwall why don't you go to the Consulate in Cardiff? Closer to you and cheaper if you have to stay.

If you phone them I think you will find that they are more accommodating and will not use the new system until at least September.

3 minutes ago, karon steve said:

If you phone them I think you will find that they are more accommodating and will not use the new system until at least September.

That's the first mention I've seen of a potential implementation date at consulates.  Where did you hear it and does it also apply to other UK consuls?

30 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

How long till they remove the need for a visa stamp in the passport do you reckon and how would it be integrated with airlines ?

Posted something on that earlier.

And in a general way more and more consulates from various countries use the "online only" system for visa application. That, and subcontracting it to specialized companies (the application and verification of documents. The final issue or not of visa being done by the consulate)

Is the case here in Indo for France. Makes sense considering the size of the country and that the only consulate is in Jakarta.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Posted something on that earlier.

And in a general way more and more consulates from various countries use the "online only" system for visa application. That, and subcontracting it to specialized companies (the application and verification of documents. The final issue or not of visa being done by the consulate)

Is the case here in Indo for France. Makes sense considering the size of the country and that the only consulate is in Jakarta.

an online application dont provide a  stamp, they need for consulates will be with us for a very long time.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

an online application dont provide a  stamp, they need for consulates will be with us for a very long time.

Really mate.....

Seka.gif

• Great Info 1

Been trying for 2 days now ...managed to set up an account on Day 2.

Now can't get past Step 2. I want a Non-Immigrant O visa multiple entry same as I have had for about 15 years. 

Now can't access it ......only offering Single Entry ?????? and limiting options.

39 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Been trying for 2 days now ...managed to set up an account on Day 2.

Now can't get past Step 2. I want a Non-Immigrant O visa multiple entry same as I have had for about 15 years. 

Now can't access it ......only offering Single Entry ?????? and limiting options.

If I'm understanding what is being said on Thai Visa, it is not possible to get multi-entry non-O visas in countries using the online visa application system.

The suggestion seems to be to get a single-entry and buy a cheap air or rail ticket out of Thailand for just before that expires. Then, when in Thailand, apply for an extension.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1109207-non-immigrant-o-single-or-multiple-entry/?do=findComment&comment=14311407

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

If I'm understanding what is being said on Thai Visa, it is not possible to get multi-entry non-O visas in countries using the online visa application system.

The suggestion seems to be to get a single-entry and buy a cheap air or rail ticket out of Thailand for just before that expires. Then, when in Thailand, apply for an extension.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1109207-non-immigrant-o-single-or-multiple-entry/?do=findComment&comment=14311407

Thanks helpful Bazl. Read all of that stuff on ThaiVisa .......... utter confusion reigns. 

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Thanks helpful Bazl. Read all of that stuff on ThaiVisa .......... utter confusion reigns. 

Nightmare mate.

• Great Info 1

On 7/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, KWA said:

That's the first mention I've seen of a potential implementation date at consulates.  Where did you hear it and does it also apply to other UK consuls?

I phoned the Consulate in Cardiff  to ask about having someone else deliver and collect my application and that is what he told me.  As an aside I can use another person to submit and collect as long as it is my signature on the application. I have no idea about other Consulates.

• Great Info 1

Thai Consulate Hull website is really good and clears things up about Non Immigrant O visas and indeed all others.

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 10.37.32.png

5 hours ago, karon steve said:

I phoned the Consulate in Cardiff  to ask about having someone else deliver and collect my application and that is what he told me.  As an aside I can use another person to submit and collect as long as it is my signature on the application. I have no idea about other Consulates.

Thanks.

I intend to apply in the next week or two for a trip at the end of this month.  I think I'll go for the multi entry tourist visa, which will do me until next January, and hope that things have all  been smoothed out by then.

• Like 1

I think there is a simpler option if you can only get a single entry online, go to immigration once in Thailand and change from single to multi entry, think it is about 3000 baht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I think there is a simpler option if you can only get a single entry online, go to immigration once in Thailand and change from single to multi entry, think it is about 3000 baht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured this would be best if I was staying a while. All the online stuff gives you as a menu option is singe entry ........ then it freezes you out.

Old Sombat has not quite got the hang of the algorithms yet ...:default_geek:

Edited by nampla69

On 7/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, RR007 said:

Yes in his case he did apply after the 14th so thats why the actual application was sent back per se.  He's got problems now because of short time scale till next Tuesday... His ticket is 2 months so needs the SETV or will be offloaded at check in anyway

How did he get on?  Did he fly today?

Sign in to follow this