• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
RR007

ATM limited to 10,000 per draw....

Posted (edited)

Just had a message from friend it seems that the Thai ATMS have reduced maximum pull to 10,000 baht (am assuming with Foreign ATM cards) as such effectively doubling the 220 baht fee if you used to draw 20,000 in one go

I dont know if others on the ground are seeing the same  ??  Thought I'd put in this sub forum rather than financial as it affects most people

Edited by RR007
  • Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Just had a message from friend it seems that the Thai ATMS have reduced maximum pull to 10,000 baht (am assuming with Foreign ATM cards) as such effectively doubling the 220 baht fee if you used to draw 20,000 in one go

I dont know if others on the ground are seeing the same  ??  Thought I'd put in this sub forum rather than financial as it affects most people

I thought most people actually just took cash out with them nowadays to avoid these charges.

3 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I thought most people actually just took cash out with them nowadays to avoid these charges.

Indeed likewise or transfer via Transferwise to my account but if accurate just another sign of the continued purge against foreigners. The Thais have $ triple figure Billions in foreign reserves they dont need us make no mistake anymore

I think the max amount you can take out the UK bank is around £500 on a debit card, that is now less than 20000 baht so maybe it is a Thai Central bank reaction. 

Then again the limit dropping by half is an over reaction and other nationals currencies have not been as badly affected as sterling.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Binlid said:

That's what I do but once I have exchanged my money I deposit it into my Thai Kasikorn account.

4 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

That's what I do but once I have exchanged my money I deposit it into my Thai Kasikorn account.

Same. 

Change at TT, stick in my Kasikorn account,  withdraw as necessary. 

They only charge a small fee if using them outside of Pattaya, where I originally opened their account. 

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

All trips i would end up pissed 24/7 and do my bollocks so would be emptying the ATM's.

One trip i ended up drawing about £1500 out the machines after doing my original £2000.That was a 2 week trip.😀

I blame @Starshine for being a bad influence myself.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I use my Schwab card. ALL fees reimbursed - Saved over $300 last trip on fees. Never had an issue with it over several years.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

I use my Schwab card. ALL fees reimbursed - Saved over $300 last trip on fees. Never had an issue with it over several years.

Unfortunately nothing like that available for us in the UK 😞 

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Unfortunately nothing like that available for us in the UK 😞 

That is unfortunate.

I wonder if there are some exceptions, or if there is something that isn't well known. Typically here those deals are with brokerage type places. Open a brokerage account - no min. requirement, no fees. Then along with that you open a checking account with the attached debit card. Then you have it.

Damn...220 baht, plus whatever fees your home bank takes, to withdraw 10K? They really love us farangs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RR007 said:

Many cards are restricted to £250 to £300 per day, 10k baht would be roughly £250 so that may be the rerason for it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Many cards are restricted to £250 to £300 per day, 10k baht would be roughly £250 so that may be the rerason for it.

What he says. Noticed it last trip .....£ is so fcuked and going down so fast we will be lucky to be able to take out 5,000 Baht soon. 

No deal the B word ...... Happy Halloween horror show for the mighty £.   MEGA ...... Make Eng ...ya get it right :default_061:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If true this it is a big deal for many, wonder why its not been posted on Thai Visa ?

The thing about the pound drop is I figure it has pretty much bottomed out, or close to it at this point.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

When I returned home in mid March from my last trip, I notated in my check book my withdrawals at an atm, as I make sure to keep all my receipts. I do bring cash, maybe $1,000 USD, to start, but after, I usually withdrew 10,000 each time, but did do a final withdraw of 5,000 with a day and a half left to make sure I covered my taxi back to the airport, tip for the housekeeping, and a last massage, etc.

When I got my bank statement, including the added charges of making an international withdraw along with the normal bank fees my bank charges for not using one of their atm's, it turns out that I was basically charged right around $50 USD, for the pleasure of withdrawing my own money! If I withdrew the equivalent of $300 USD, I just marked down $315 in my debit ledger, and so on. In your case, you must have stayed for quite a while to accumulate that much in savings on fees, but damn....that probably equaled the rent on a condo for a month!

Definitely worth it to you for the savings you kept using that card.

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

When I returned home in mid March from my last trip, I notated in my check book my withdrawals at an atm, as I make sure to keep all my receipts. I do bring cash, maybe $1,000 USD, to start, but after, I usually withdrew 10,000 each time, but did do a final withdraw of 5,000 with a day and a half left to make sure I covered my taxi back to the airport, tip for the housekeeping, and a last massage, etc.

When I got my bank statement, including the added charges of making an international withdraw along with the normal bank fees my bank charges for not using one of their atm's, it turns out that I was basically charged right around $50 USD, for the pleasure of withdrawing my own money! If I withdrew the equivalent of $300 USD, I just marked down $315 in my debit ledger, and so on. In your case, you must have stayed for quite a while to accumulate that much in savings on fees, but damn....that probably equaled the rent on a condo for a month!

Definitely worth it to you for the savings you kept using that card.

I was going whole hog.

But I was there for about 2.5 months.

I’ve got a few bht in a Thai account so rather than use GBP, For my upcoming holiday I’ll  draw down from that account as it was transferred at around 15% higher so would be daft to take GBP.  

Woukd like to see the £ rise but outside of my control   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

The thing about the pound drop is I figure it has pretty much bottomed out, or close to it at this point.

Wait till Boris gets made PM in 2 weeks, It'll go lower again ...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Then again on Oct 31st ....

• Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Then again on Oct 31st ....

Unsure, Boris is a load of bluster. 

But yea, either another big hit or rise around then.

22 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Naah, the UK will adapt the USD ! Boris is good friend with Trump.

26 minutes ago, Krapow said:

And if Corbyn gets in you'll need this to pay for a ST.

zimbabwe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

And if Corbyn gets in you'll need this to pay for a ST.

zimbabwe.jpg

Bad man Al ......... you still off the juice me old mate ........ fucking wish I was ........ did it for 4 years before mate !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Bad man Al ......... you still off the juice me old mate ........ fucking wish I was ........ did it for 4 years before mate !!!

No choice mate,was out of control in the end.

Hope all is well me old mucker.👍

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this