Jump to content

How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Jambo

My Visit to Immigration today

Recommended Posts

More and more obstacles quite deliberately put in the way. Thailand does not want long term expats dropping anchor. Come for our 30 days max on visa exempt entry spend your dosh and then get out. I had a conversation with Thai embassy in London on Monday reference that thread over SETV from the embassy I put up before

At least 50% of previous applicants who applied  will no longer qualify especially down my way Cornwall where salary slips rarely show £1500 net per month for normal workers as wages are low....I need to submit accounts from Hargreaves Landsdown reference investments "to see" if I qualify....If I dont supply those than I can piss off

This is all very deliberate across the board

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Krapow said:

Hostile environment for immigrants indeed, now where have I heard that before ...

Quite

That said, would I be upset if the UK Government had acted the way the Thai Regime has done in recent years? No. They've rooted out some real low-life who I wouldn't want living anywhere near me. 

I feel for the decent ones like Jambo, who abide by the law and are invested in the country personally and financially.

Being harsh now, it's an unfortunately risky place to have as a base. I'd not feel anything I owned there property, investments or bank accounts, was 100% secure and would tend to discount it's value down to zero, on the presumptions that "events" may mean I was relieved of it.

 

  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be getting worse and worse. One of the most experienced mods on Thai Visa, Sheryl, who looks after the health & medicine forum amongst others, and is really helpful and knows here stuff, went for her 15th retirement extension in Prachinburi and was evidently gobsmacked by what they're asking for now. This is the link to her story, not as bad as Jambo's experience in Jomtien maybe, but still way OTT.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1110792-retirement-extension-800k-at-prachinburi-imm-new-requirements/

 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Proffesor said:

. . . . . they were either not centered on the page correctly, copied the wrong size, or I'd put 2 double page Passport images on the same A4 sheet of paper.

I was down with a mate last month when he got sent out for a new passport photocopy.  His crime - the one he'd taken with him was on A5 paper and they wanted A4.

Edited by KWA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Seems to be getting worse and worse. One of the most experienced mods on Thai Visa, Sheryl, who looks after the health & medicine forum amongst others, and is really helpful and knows here stuff, went for her 15th retirement extension in Prachinburi and was evidently gobsmacked by what they're asking for now. This is the link to her story, not as bad as Jambo's experience in Jomtien maybe, but still way OTT.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1110792-retirement-extension-800k-at-prachinburi-imm-new-requirements/

 

Yea I was very very surprised to read about Sheryls visa problems...Sheryl  is on top of whats going on in Thailand as much as any one could be and is a strait arrow who dots every I and crosses every T....So to hear her complaining about being caught up a in the visa muck was a shock....

Its as clear as can be they want EVERYBODY using agents...And they seem to be making peoples life as miserable as possible who make the mistake of not paying tribute money to agents...

It must make immigration officers very unhappy to have to give out 1 year extensions to guys who keep 800K in the bank all year and who dont need to use agents... 

 

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Seems to be getting worse and worse. One of the most experienced mods on Thai Visa, Sheryl, who looks after the health & medicine forum amongst others, and is really helpful and knows here stuff, went for her 15th retirement extension in Prachinburi and was evidently gobsmacked by what they're asking for now. This is the link to her story, not as bad as Jambo's experience in Jomtien maybe, but still way OTT.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1110792-retirement-extension-800k-at-prachinburi-imm-new-requirements/

 

This is all because the head of immigration allows each office to do as they see fit. If every office were made to follow the rules as written then life would be so simple.  But power happy officials in each office do as they wish with the ok from the big boss. I did my retirement extension at Jomtien little over a month ago and it was the fastest i have ever been done less than 15 mins. If using the 800k  in the bank and if it is seasoned as they like getting the extension is still very easy. I was worried they would need a TM30 but that was not even mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This is all because the head of immigration allows each office to do as they see fit. If every office were made to follow the rules as written then life would be so simple.  But power happy officials in each office do as they wish with the ok from the big boss. I did my retirement extension at Jomtien little over a month ago and it was the fastest i have ever been done less than 15 mins. If using the 800k  in the bank and if it is seasoned as they like getting the extension is still very easy. I was worried they would need a TM30 but that was not even mentioned.

Reading the previous page Jambo also went to Jomitem-  so it's far worse than devolving power, it's devolved power where how they treat people can change on daily basis.

Maybe they spin a roulette wheel at the start of shift- Red play nice, Black f88K them over.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reading the previous page Jambo also went to Jomitem-  so it's far worse than devolving power, it's devolved power where how they treat people can change on daily basis.
Maybe they spin a roulette wheel at the start of shift- Red play nice, Black f88K them over.
Not really the account has to be in your own name it's always been that way there's no change of that rule I'm guessing he was just unaware of it but it has always had to be in the soul name of the Foreigner applying for the retirement Visa extension

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jambo said:

Well after being given the alternatives the only practical one was to go straight to the Bank and open a new account in my name.

We then came back and started the unbelievably protracted process of getting the 60 day extension. I am not being facetious when I say we went from desk to desk finally for Sai to be given a check list of all the items needed for me to have the 60 day extension approved. One of those was to go to the Amphur in Banglamung to obtain this "Family Certificate" the reason for which is totally beyond me. Sods law, when we got there they immediately shut for an hours lunch. 🙂

Your point is well made and is worrying me. They gave me a 60 day extension but it is up to 6 September at which time the account will be open for 59 days.

If I was you I would have removed Sai from the joint account.  Otherwise you don't have enough time to prove 800K baht present for 3 months.

Good luck with your way.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Reading the previous page Jambo also went to Jomitem-  so it's far worse than devolving power, it's devolved power where how they treat people can change on daily basis.

Maybe they spin a roulette wheel at the start of shift- Red play nice, Black f88K them over.

Gambling not illegal in Thailand?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gambling not illegal in Thailand?
Mostly it is except for horse racing, lottery and government depts!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fforest said:

Yea I was very very surprised to read about Sheryls visa problems...Sheryl  is on top of whats going on in Thailand as much as any one could be and is a strait arrow who dots every I and crosses every T....So to hear her complaining about being caught up a in the visa muck was a shock....

Its as clear as can be they want EVERYBODY using agents...And they seem to be making peoples life as miserable as possible who make the mistake of not paying tribute money to agents...

It must make immigration officers very unhappy to have to give out 1 year extensions to guys who keep 800K in the bank all year and who dont need to use agents... 

 

Interesting that you say that they want everyone to use agents. If we are being cynical, you might be right, but maybe I am naive, listening to the PM every Fri evening on his television talk to the nation, I have gotten the impression that this is something he would drop the hammer at the top if it was proven this was the "norm" 

Like I said, in Bangkok, I use my wifes friend just not to have the hassle, it is easy and only cost 5k baht to me for her agency to do this, but......I am legit all the way and if ever called into the office, I got my ducks all lined up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Interesting that you say that they want everyone to use agents. If we are being cynical, you might be right, but maybe I am naive, listening to the PM every Fri evening on his television talk to the nation, I have gotten the impression that this is something he would drop the hammer at the top if it was proven this was the "norm" 

Like I said, in Bangkok, I use my wifes friend just not to have the hassle, it is easy and only cost 5k baht to me for her agency to do this, but......I am legit all the way and if ever called into the office, I got my ducks all lined up. 

Sounds worth every Satang for only 5K. :default_flower:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Not really the account has to be in your own name it's always been that way there's no change of that rule I'm guessing he was just unaware of it but it has always had to be in the soul name of the Foreigner applying for the retirement Visa extension

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
 

do all western people have soul names?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Not really the account has to be in your own name it's always been that way there's no change of that rule I'm guessing he was just unaware of it but it has always had to be in the soul name of the Foreigner applying for the retirement Visa extension

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
 

Larry mate,

The account was in joint names the two previous years and they approved without comment other than last year when they requested a sight of Sai's marriage certificate.

This is one of those examples of where they had chosen in two previous years not to enforce  a rule which I was blissfully unaware. Why did they not warn me in either of those two previous occasions?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jambo said:

This is one of those examples of where they had chosen in two previous years not to enforce  a rule

Yup just as i posted for 2 years they were fine skirting the written rule for you. This year sorry Sir can not use Joint account. If only the stuck to the written rule making it easier and so everyone would know whats up going in  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Larry mate,

The account was in joint names the two previous years and they approved without comment other than last year when they requested a sight of Sai's marriage certificate.

This is one of those examples of where they had chosen in two previous years not to enforce  a rule which I was blissfully unaware. Why did they not warn me in either of those two previous occasions?

Jambo,

I think that many westerners living in Thailand since long time have come to rely too much on this "yeah, normally can't do, but they never enforce it".

Yes, there are plenty domains where the law is not, or not fully enforced or where a way around has existed since ever. Now this is nice and convenient, but you live permanently with a sword above your head. On a wimp, for whatever reason (bad mood, need money, hates farangs..) ANY official can pull out the real law and you're screwed. In many cases a bit more $$$$ helps you out, but still ....

Now, if on a higher level somebody decides (anytime, on a wimp after a bad sleep) to say "enough with all those foreigners abusing our country since years" and decides to strictly apply those rules then a LOT of "expats" will be in deep shit. Being it the nominee thing for business, the company way for owning a house, etc, etc...

They have you by the balls anytime they want and they KNOW it. 

And as shown in all the posts above, the fact that you have been a perfect good "integrated " farang, married, kids, waying, bowing and going to the temple will mean shit to the locals in power ! 

And this is not exclusive to Thailand. 

See Trump denouncing all international pacts, agreements, rules etc... on a wimp .

Remember the actual government in LOS is a military dictatorship, with little concern about their own citizens, so sure they dont give a shit about a few thousands of old farang pensioners.....

Just my 2 eurocent .....

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, Scotty said:


I live in Ban Chang


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alles klar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Jambo,

I think that many westerners living in Thailand since long time have come to rely too much on this "yeah, normally can't do, but they never enforce it".

Yes, there are plenty domains where the law is not, or not fully enforced or where a way around has existed since ever. Now this is nice and convenient, but you live permanently with a sword above your head. On a wimp, for whatever reason (bad mood, need money, hates farangs..) ANY official can pull out the real law and you're screwed. In many cases a bit more $$$$ helps you out, but still ....

Now, if on a higher level somebody decides (anytime, on a wimp after a bad sleep) to say "enough with all those foreigners abusing our country since years" and decides to strictly apply those rules then a LOT of "expats" will be in deep shit. Being it the nominee thing for business, the company way for owning a house, etc, etc...

They have you by the balls anytime they want and they KNOW it. 

And as shown in all the posts above, the fact that you have been a perfect good "integrated " farang, married, kids, waying, bowing and going to the temple will mean shit to the locals in power ! 

And this is not exclusive to Thailand. 

See Trump denouncing all international pacts, agreements, rules etc... on a wimp .

Remember the actual government in LOS is a military dictatorship, with little concern about their own citizens, so sure they dont give a shit about a few thousands of old farang pensioners.....

Just my 2 eurocent .....

 

Sadly, you are absolutely correct.

Just the thought of returning to Immigration in 58 days time is wrecking my sleep. I am totally in the hands of one individual who on the day can simply decline my renewal application and effectively eject me from Thailand and at that time there will be little, if anything, I can do to alter that decision. That is not an overly alarmist statement it is the absolute truth.

Fortunately I do have those 58 days to explore various alternative options.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll cost more, but for your peace of mind you might want to consider enlisting the "help" of an agency for this year's extension.

  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Sadly, you are absolutely correct.

Just the thought of returning to Immigration in 58 days time is wrecking my sleep. I am totally in the hands of one individual who on the day can simply decline my renewal application and effectively eject me from Thailand and at that time there will be little, if anything, I can do to alter that decision. That is not an overly alarmist statement it is the absolute truth.

Fortunately I do have those 58 days to explore various alternative options.

I dont think it's that bad, or at that point yet, but it doesn't look like it is gonna get better in the future. And that is the thing that would stress me most.

F.Y.I. , here after 5 yearly renewals of a retirement visa, you can / must apply for a 5y visa.  If you dont go for the 5 y visa ($$$$), you simply start from scratch again, just as a new arrivant.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience at Korat IO on Tuesday Jambo, perhaps you should consider moving to Korat if you're tired of the Pattaya/Bangsaray scene lol.

 

I've just returned from Korat IO where wifey and i spoke to the Chief IO to inform her that i could'nt evidence that my transfers had come from the UK by way of TW due to the fact they were not coded when credited to my SCB account as FRC (from abroad)

I took all my SCB bank statements (all printed off by me) from Jan this year to July together with the TW PDF's (all printed off by me) she had a good look and said "don't worry" all we want to see is that you are transferring money each month into your SCB account from abroad and she said that i can see from the evidence you have supplied.

I did inform her that in future (August onwards) i will do a swift transfer from my HSBC UK account direct into my SCB account here and that will show as a foreign transaction, she was happy and once again said "don't worry". I'll have to just put up with the higher charges and bad exchange rate from SCB.

 

I think wifey had a good chat to her and said we've been married 13 years and living together here in Thailand and always transferred the money monthly from the UK and she did'nt want to lose her husband lol   

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

It'll cost more, but for your peace of mind you might want to consider enlisting the "help" of an agency for this year's extension.

Cost is the very least of my concerns anymore. 🙂

Third party assistance is at the very top of a list that ends with "Hi,  Dads home." 

I deleted base jumping for beginners as I don't like heights.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...