What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's a nice after dinner drink , lots of restaurants give it as a complimentary drink , especially in Europe 

Cool, never knew that.

One of the things I love about Greek food. Lots of lemons.

Lemon bars....

If I was ordering my last meal while waiting for the gas chamber.... these would be on the menu.

Frozen Lemon Dessert - Your Homebased Mom

Edited by Glasseye

22 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Limoncello 

14D48984-4DE3-4685-8E2C-795286A9800E.jpeg

Now you are talking, love a glass. My cousin lives in Milan and always brings over a bottle when visiting which is quite often. Can get a good bottle in Greece as well, discovered that when in Rhodes 2 years back and will discover that again when in Rhodes this July.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, coxyhog said:

Bought something for my mum on Amazon that was £19.99.Free delivery over £20 so I also ordered some Leffe Blonde.At 6.6% a bit stronger than my usual beers but very nice.

I buy that from Amazon as well. Had to cut down on it though as Blood Sugars go too high after one. 😟

• Thumbs Up 1

In the Spoon after visiting the doctor, having a nice pint (or two) of the excellent Saltaire Brewery Triple Choc. 

A few on here will remember our trip to the brewery in Leeds, it was one of the samples I tasted.

IMG20230403124619.jpg

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

In the George Hotel in Brecon (Wetherspoon) enjoying a pint of JDW Swiss Red Ale by Adnams.  Was slightly annoyed as they had Titanic on the pumps but when they poured it, it was obviously end of the barrel. The Swiss Red Ale was a good substitute.  Lovely old hotel, lovely day.

IMG20230404121825.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm revisiting my younger days when I lived in Europe and used to drink some up-market European wines, rather than the New World wines I've preferred drinking for several decades. My favourite French reds were the Burgundies, though even 30 or 40 years ago they were very expensive. I'd never seen a top-notch Burgundy in Pattaya until a few months ago when I saw this one in V2V on Thepprasit. Even the Aussie guy running the shop admits that he doesn't sell much of it.

IMG20230329194936.jpg

Even in the UK you'll pay around £50 for a bottle of this stuff, so I gritted my teeth and handed over 3,500 Baht for a bottle here. That is, or rather was, an excellent wine with a lot of staying power and a wonderfully complex taste and aroma. Was it worth 3,500 Baht, though? For me, as a once-off in my current mood of reminiscences, yes it was, but to be honest, unless you're a real fan, or filthy rich, you'll get far better value buying six or seven bottles of Australian Shiraz at 500-600 Baht/bottle. It brought back some good memories, though, which is what I was looking for.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I'm revisiting my younger days when I lived in Europe and used to drink some up-market European wines, rather than the New World wines I've preferred drinking for several decades. My favourite French reds were the Burgundies, though even 30 or 40 years ago they were very expensive. I'd never seen a top-notch Burgundy in Pattaya until a few months ago when I saw this one in V2V on Thepprasit. Even the Aussie guy running the shop admits that he doesn't sell much of it.

IMG20230329194936.jpg

Even in the UK you'll pay around £50 for a bottle of this stuff, so I gritted my teeth and handed over 3,500 Baht for a bottle here. That is, or rather was, an excellent wine with a lot of staying power and a wonderfully complex taste and aroma. Was it worth 3,500 Baht, though? For me, as a once-off in my current mood of reminiscences, yes it was, but to be honest, unless you're a real fan, or filthy rich, you'll get far better value buying six or seven bottles of Australian Shiraz at 500-600 Baht/bottle. It brought back some good memories, though, which is what I was looking for.

I used to drink a lot of Gevrey in the 90's , it was one of my broker's favourites  👍👍

• Haha 1