What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

I hardly ever drink alcohol at home any more.

Nearly bought myself a bottle of Bailey's for Christmas but changed my mind as I know I would have drunk it in one night by topping up a pint glass full of ice and then felt like shite the next day. Not with a hangover, just the residual taste Of the Bailey's when you burp. 🤣

So it was Bacardi but could not find pepsi max anywhere. It is nearly gone but in all honesty did not enjoy much at all.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Quite partial to a drop of Broardside, off the booze for now but have 10 cans of Abbot in my hallway if I weaken.

I've always enjoyed Adnams beers, and was disappointed in recent years with Broadside. They'd turned it a weakened version on draught. Which is fair enough I suppose if you are selling draught beer at 6.3%, your punters won't be upright for long🙃

Having the bottle today took me back years. Best bottled beer I've had in ages.

You could you know, slightly lessen the temptation by moving those beers out of your hallway- maybe give them to a "friend" to look after😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I've always enjoyed Adnams beers, and was disappointed in recent years with Broadside. They'd turned it a weakened version on draught. Which is fair enough I suppose if you are selling draught beer at 6.3%, your punters won't be upright for long🙃

Having the bottle today took me back years. Best bottled beer I've had in ages.

You could you know, slightly lessen the temptation by moving those beers out of your hallway- maybe give them to a "friend" to look after😉

There poses another problem, I would have to move 6 cases of wine to get to them! :default_fun:

• Haha 2

I’ve put one each of these to the side at the store,for later tonight.

Our Covid boss here in BC has mandated that all places serving liquor are to be closed at 8pm...period.

So I’m going to start a fire,my friend and his wife are coming over,and we will sip on these.

Fine by me.

77FF33A0-CDBF-4EE6-9E52-AECCE2786F76.jpeg

6A3D4298-62FD-4DBE-8633-7F6EC25A015D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Binlid said:

20201231_174545.jpg                                                  Nice!! Never touched the sides that one,luckily there is more where that came from

We carry Newcastle Brown,Old Splecked hen and Guinness.

Lots of interest in Uk products round these parts.

Oh,silly me.We have Innis and Gun too.🤦‍♂️

Edited by Skalliwag

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

20201231_174545.jpg                                                  Nice!! Never touched the sides that one,luckily there is more where that came from

Looks bloody delicious..I really must try that hobgoblin gear..where's it brewed 

2 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

We carry Newcastle Brown,Old Splecked hen and Guinness.

Lots of interest in Uk products round these parts.

Oh,silly me.We have Innis and Gun too.🤦‍♂️

I used to drink a lot of Newcastle back in 70`s Liverpool. Now I will have a bottle now and again if I spy it a bars refrigerator. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Binlid said:

I used to drink a lot of Newcastle back in 70`s Liverpool. Now I will have a bottle now and again if I spy it a bars refrigerator. 

We are actually selling enough of it to be viable.

but then,what do you expect,being in British Columbia....near the capital,Victoria.😁😁

very English town this.

Full 10 team cricket league.👍

Edited by Skalliwag

22 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

That's dry January f***d then....this is good stuff,6.5%.....

80efc448-4079-49e8-9a8f-ff8a069a35fe.jpg

Damn Bro .. that looks great ... to bad none of that here .. many years ago here in BKK .. I used to find Duval .. a beer I drank daily when I lived in Brussels ... broke my heart when they stopped selling ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

That's dry January f***d then....this is good stuff,6.5%.....

80efc448-4079-49e8-9a8f-ff8a069a35fe.jpg

Have heard great reports on the 1698, never had it- one for the wish list.  Some really great beers in the supermarkets at the moment, they seem to have raised their game on the ale front :default_cheers:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Have heard great reports on the 1698, never had it- one for the wish list.  Some really great beers in the supermarkets at the moment, they seem to have raised their game on the ale front :default_cheers:

Of the strong UK bottled ales I'd say this is right at the top,really good taste.

• Thumbs Up 1