The Race to the Bottom is ongoing

john luke

19 hours ago, Jambo said:

Hi John,

If you have never drunk cider I would suggest that you start of with a few cans of cider each mixed with half a pint of lager in a pint glass. Known as snake bite when I lived in Birmingham.

Don't drive home. 😛

When you have built your alcohol tolerance up you use Special Brew and White Lightning.👍

Speaking from experience here.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

bit of a dickhead answer imo..we are supposed to convey "on the ground" knowledge to fellow posters..should we have it

I thought it was the perfect response to someone "ranting " about not understanding what the names of Indian dishes were , "on the ground" knowledge not exactly required imo ......

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

That really is a low price and would be even it was a chicken dinner let alone lamb.

If that's really lamb at 149b then the Pope really is a Protestant.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Thumbs Up 3

See, you need to know how it works. I've experience in the Pattaya food scene.

Nobody actually gives fu** how good it is, how it looks or how its presented.

All they care about is SEX. Yes, that three letter word. Now, sex in Pattaya isn't what it used to be. Most of the bar girls are pigs. In fact I wont insult pigs. And the big problem is that Johnny ex-pat can't afford to get His leg over. So He spends all day looking for cheap bile to eat then gushing all over facebook on the breakfast Club. While He's having a wank about some ladyboy He fancies but cant get as He's broke. See, that's how 95% of Pattaya ex-pat foodies operate.  

Food is sold at a loss in the thinking that the customer will come back and buy beer. In reality they will buy from 7/11. But, hey ho.

Glad we got out while we did. We actually made money. but I could see the tsunami starting to appear. And I've never met a more jealous, spiteful bunch of bastards than 60% of Pattaya ex-pats. 

For the genuine eateries trying to sell at a loss, hoping for drink sales! I feel sorry for them. Nobody realises the obstacles, difficulties involved. Thais are the worst employees on Earth. Unless they are getting pissed and rogered at the end of the night. Skint customers will find fault in everything. Nightmare owning an eatery in Pattaya. Bars way better IF, IF you have girls.

Edited by farangme
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:38 PM, Lanzalad said:

I believe your wrong Tommy.

The cheap ones will keep going as they always do mate.

The other ones will close first.

Correct Phil. Cause these places also have other ways to bring in coin. Me and you know what goes on over there. There's more criminals per square metre in Pattaya then grains of sand on the beach.

Edited by farangme

4 hours ago, farangme said:

All they care about is SEX. Yes, that three letter word. Now, sex in Pattaya isn't what it used to be. Most of the bar girls are pigs. In fact I wont insult pigs. And the big problem is that Johnny ex-pat can't afford to get His leg over. So He spends all day looking for cheap bile to eat then gushing all over facebook on the breakfast Club. While He's having a wank about some ladyboy He fancies but cant get as He's broke. See, that's how 95% of Pattaya ex-pat foodies operate.  

Food is sold at a loss in the thinking that the customer will come back and buy beer. In reality they will buy from 7/11. But, hey ho.

Glad we got out while we did. We actually made money. but I could see the tsunami starting to appear. And I've never met a more jealous, spiteful bunch of bastards than 60% of Pattaya ex-pats. 

For the genuine eateries trying to sell at a loss, hoping for drink sales! I feel sorry for them. Nobody realises the obstacles, difficulties involved. Thais are the worst employees on Earth. Unless they are getting pissed and rogered at the end of the night. Skint customers will find fault in everything. Nightmare owning an eatery in Pattaya. Bars way better IF, IF you have girls.

Sir alls you have to do is serve top quality meals for under 99 baht..And pay your employees top wages and then every one is happy......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, farangme said:

You do have a point, lmao

41 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You do have a point, lmao

A bar that sells food at little if anything above cost does so with the thought in mind of hoping to keep the customer in the bar so he can continue buying drinks which generate the bars real profit.

A restaurant that sells food at little if anything above cost will not survive because the food alone will not contribute sufficient income to pay all the additional expenses of trade over and above the wholesale cost of the ingredients. The type of customer who looks exclusively for cheap charlie restaurants is highly likely to immediately leave the restaurant and return to his cheap charlie bar of choice.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Sir alls you have to do is serve top quality meals for under 99 baht..And pay your employees top wages and then every one is happy......

CORRECT!

I know a lot of these restaurant owners, there's one who shall remain nameless but gets rave reviews on how cheap and good His food is. If you could see how filthy His kitchen is you'd puke. He covers smelly out of date meat with gravy to disguise it. 

His ex cashier showed me the state of the kitchen. Holy crap. 

Yet it gets rave revues because of it's give away prices.

There must be a great deal of desperation in the Pattaya ex-pat scene these days, especially those living on UK income. They see their monthly allowance shrinking, but can't go Home because they have nothing to go home to.

I feel sorry for many people like this but you should always use plan B. You MUST have a plan B.

I started the Visa processes in 2005 after my son was born. I didn't have to, it was 70+ to the £ and I had 7 properties rented out in the UK, sharing rental money with my ex. I could easily have stayed there. But I wanted a plan B and that meant moving back to the UK with my family and them going through the visa and nationality process.

But yes, it is a race to the bottom for many. The giveaway price food only reflects the current climate in Pattaya I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, farangme said:

CORRECT!

I know a lot of these restaurant owners, there's one who shall remain nameless but gets rave reviews on how cheap and good His food is. If you could see how filthy His kitchen is you'd puke. He covers smelly out of date meat with gravy to disguise it. 

His ex cashier showed me the state of the kitchen. Holy crap. 

Yet it gets rave revues because of it's give away prices.

There must be a great deal of desperation in the Pattaya ex-pat scene these days, especially those living on UK income. They see their monthly allowance shrinking, but can't go Home because they have nothing to go home to.

I feel sorry for many people like this but you should always use plan B. You MUST have a plan B.

I started the Visa processes in 2005 after my son was born. I didn't have to, it was 70+ to the £ and I had 7 properties rented out in the UK, sharing rental money with my ex. I could easily have stayed there. But I wanted a plan B and that meant moving back to the UK with my family and them going through the visa and nationality process.

But yes, it is a race to the bottom for many. The giveaway price food only reflects the current climate in Pattaya I'm afraid. 

Had a meal on soi bucow last trip..Made hmp strangeways meals look like a la carte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, farangme said:

Can always really on the big man to tell the cold hard truth.

6 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

Here's one for you..

Unbelievable prices..

67754032_2380474055323702_8684199271492222976_n.jpg

67558106_2380473955323712_3699386264122818560_n.jpg  68356064_2380473998657041_3912846495216304128_n.jpg

This s the 99 baht pork chop and chips... it does looks great for the 99 baht and it makes me wonder what the profit or if any what would it be..?

67982006_2380473911990383_220156458770104320_n.jpg

Be good to see @Evil Penevil do a food report on this place...

It’s not actually a Monkey chop by chance is it?🙏

• Haha 2