The Race to the Bottom is ongoing

john luke

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a blast from my past..

I've stay here and get a free breakfast for 395 baht per day.

Now offering:-

88228600_2233098583659126_7489624014407598080_o.jpg

Devonshire's low season special is now available please ask staff for further details ..

Feel free to check out the rooms our Maid Som is always bouncing around ..

Thanks from all the Devonshire Staff ..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, john luke said:

untitled-0529.jpg

Well this will be very very very interesting to see if any of the 100s and 100s of already empty Indian restaurants close or not in the coming days weeks and months..... 

Edited by fforest

Indian restaurant update.....It looks to me over half Pattayas Indian restaurants now have now shut the doors and turned off the lights.......Whether they fully go out of business remains to be seen...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

Indian restaurant update.....It looks to me over half Pattayas Indian restaurants now have now shut the doors and turned off the lights.......Whether they fully go out of business remains to be seen...

I was walking around town and thinking this only the other day.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, john luke said:

2021 UPDATE

untitled-4375.jpg

untitled-4376.jpg

Heck.....The cheapest steaks you can buy from the supermarkets cost arout 340 baht a Kilo....And your average run of the mill cut wrapped in plastic costs around 50-60-65 baht a package.......

So their profit margin must be miniscule... The fries and those 2 tomatoes seem to me like they would break the bank on this steak deal...... 

There is.....

Very overpriced food 

Slightly overpriced food 

Average priced food 

Value priced food 

Cheap food

Ridiculously cheap food

This steak meal is the last one....

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Heck.....The cheapest steaks you can buy from the supermarkets cost arout 340 baht a Kilo....And your average run of the mill cut wrapped in plastic costs around 50-60-65 baht a package.......

So their profit margin must be miniscule... The fries and those 2 tomatoes seem to me like they would break the bank on this steak deal...... 

There is.....

Very overpriced food 

Slightly overpriced food 

Average priced food 

Value priced food 

Cheap food

Ridiculously cheap food

may not be beef steak for 59baht - probably the chicken thats underneath the piccie or could be pork 

1 hour ago, fforest said:

There is.....

Very overpriced food 

Slightly overpriced food 

Average priced food 

Value priced food 

Cheap food

Ridiculously cheap food

Could be the steak is such a piece of shoe leather no-one can eat it, so they just  re-use it 🤣

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2019 at 11:11 PM, RR007 said:

Yep and never ever thought I'd do it personally but as mentioned here with photos I did in June all inclusive to Bulgaria and it was sublime......once you've been on one it really does make you sit up and think what great value they are

Agreed, they can be great value for money, BUT they do not include the one thing that most Mongers come to Pattaya for !!

• 3 months later...