The hood, Robin Hood or Robin Hood Jomtien...?

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I thought the Avenue RH had reverted back to Retox after the new owner did a moonlight flit .. ?

Not a clue but whoever owns it also owns Da Hood ........ did hear all about the insider dealing ..... didn't think you could get away with that in 2019 but hey ho.

I guess that is why boiler rooms are still in business ...... 

4 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

On FB i'e now seen two or three different hood restaurants.

Now are they the same company or is it others jumping on the idea....?

No idea,but the “steal from the rich,to give to the poor” has made me stay away for years.

f**k that.

may as well name your pub “f**k you and your friends Bar and Grill”.

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

Don't think so....

The avenue one is Robin hood, not related as far as I know, to the one that's closing.

You're right - I found it on line and it was in Pratumnak area.  Good idea to "borrow" a name like that, but wrong place and time to do it apparently.

I have a "friend" who used to work there. She has been relocated to Da Avenue (seems to be doing quite well) but nobody told her why??

Just got a load of Guinness in at an amazing price if anyone like this in 33 degrees heat. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 8:36 PM, nampla69 said:

Same company. One Avenue is Robin Hood one half way up Theprasit and middle Thapraya is The Hood. Only know of two thus far ...

far from it.  the hood in jomtien was sold off start fo theyear.  the robin hood, where bills were not paid, has reverted bacj to the original operators as they never got paid in full

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have enjoyed the Robin Hood at the Avenue many times. 

Nice place if you live in that area for a meal. Nice, new clean, good AC, good views, plenty of space, good menu,,,, close to home. They also offer very good daily specials.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

The Robin Hood in Bangkok,on Suk 33a has always been pretty good when I've been in there.

One of my favourite spots too when I am in BKK - they do a great breakfast deal for 99b before noon and have draft beer deals too, great place to pop in and cool down after a good walk on Sukhomvit...I usually hike down to the Dasa book store a little further down the road and stop into the Robin Hood afterwards..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

How's the Thai food at the Robin Hood near the Avenue in Patts? Never been there and was wondering if anyone's wife, BF, or poo saau had an opinion. I would of course get farang food there as I have never heard a bad thing about that part of their menu.

The only time my gf ate thai food there she said it was ok, nothing special, but big spicy, when she asked for little spicy. The other times she had chicken and mushroom pie, and pork chop!

• Great Info 1

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have enjoyed the Robin Hood at the Avenue many times. 

Nice place if you live in that area for a meal. Nice, new clean, good AC, good views, plenty of space, good menu,,,, close to home. They also offer very good daily specials.

I have had problems with the service on several occasions, so have stopped going there. 

I think they do quite a large delivery trade, so I suspect I have had to wait for them to deal with those orders. 

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I have had problems with the service on several occasions, so have stopped going there. 

I think they do quite a large delivery trade, so I suspect I have had to wait for them to deal with those orders. 

Yes only been once and it was busy but service was not good, I still prefer the days of Shenanigans but like many things times change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

9 hours ago, Painter said:

The only time my gf ate thai food there she said it was ok, nothing special, but big spicy, when she asked for little spicy. The other times she had chicken and mushroom pie, and pork chop!

Those Thai girls sure seem to like pork chops. I've had a couple girls order them when out.