• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

The hood, Robin Hood or Robin Hood Jomtien...?

12 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

How's the Thai food at the Robin Hood near the Avenue in Patts? Never been there and was wondering if anyone's wife, BF, or poo saau had an opinion. I would of course get farang food there as I have never heard a bad thing about that part of their menu.

My "friend" who knows about these things says it is OK ......Steels have you ever met a Thai woman who says Thai food is great if they have not made it themselves.???

Baw saep (not tasty in Lao) as they always grumble mai phet / phet maak / etc etc

Mostly its good but avoid Sunday carvery unless you like eating shoe leather / buffalo and warthogs ass.

Breakfast are good and they now serve Guinness too .... :default_drink:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

How's the Thai food at the Robin Hood near the Avenue in Patts? Never been there and was wondering if anyone's wife, BF, or poo saau had an opinion. I would of course get farang food there as I have never heard a bad thing about that part of their menu.

I had a terrible meal there back in March ( after the sale had gone through ) two out of the three orders were bad , ,my Western food ( 1/2 Chicken ) was dry and over cooked and the Thai food ( green curry ) was horrible , TG has one spoon of it .... don't know if it's improved now the ownership has reverted to Retox .. but I won't be returning 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

31 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I had a terrible meal there back in March ( after the sale had gone through ) two out of the three orders were bad , ,my Western food ( 1/2 Chicken ) was dry and over cooked and the Thai food ( green curry ) was horrible , TG has one spoon of it .... don't know if it's improved now the ownership has reverted to Retox .. but I won't be returning 

I have eaten there only once.  I had fish and chips.  The chips were soggy and each chip was very large.  The fish was fried in batter.  The batter was almost sold on the outside and soggy on the inside - consistent with being cooked in fat that was too hot.

• Like 2

Remember the Robin Hood in jomtien was oknand he was a good host ( forget  name -? Dave ) and good pizzas for a while when he had some American chap cooking 

23 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Yes only been once and it was busy but service was not good, I still prefer the days of Shenanigans but like many things times change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

haha I remember it as Delaneys and one never to be forgotten night in 1995 ish in there with a freelancer with her own car who thought her shit didnt stink. One of the funniest nights of all time

Edited by RR007

3 minutes ago, RR007 said:

haha I remember it as Delaneys and one never to be forgotten night in 1995 ish in there with a freelancer who thought her shit didnt stink. One of the funniest nights of all time

Now there is a bit of info, must have been there when it was Delaney's as I had been going to Pattaya before the Avenue was even built, I even remember the whole of LK Metro etc when it was just open land with a noodle shop set up right bang in the middle.

Not sure when the Avenue was built but must have been early 90's as i remember taking my wife to the Vientiane for a meal back then before they knocked it down.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Now there is a bit of info, must have been there when it was Delaney's as I had been going to Pattaya before the Avenue was even built, I even remember the whole of LK Metro etc when it was just open land with a noodle shop set up right bang in the middle.

Not sure when the Avenue was built but must have been early 90's as i remember taking my wife to the Vientiane for a meal back then before they knocked it down.

Am sure there was a guy called Kim Fletcher ?? involved. I could be completely wrong with that though might have bit before 1995 as well

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

Am sure there was a guy called Kim Fletcher ?? involved. I could be completely wrong with that though might have bit before 1995 as well

Kim used to be in Shenanigans in Pattaya,also Jamesons.Before that he was in Jools in Bangkok.

He has a place on the dark side now called Fletchers Folly.

https://fletchersfollypattaya.com

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this