Another Wacko With An AR

43 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Man, you just showed the mentality why it will never change in your country.

Try to make the difference between mafia shoot outs and killings, who will always exist. We call it "reglement de compte", in English "accounting clearance". And thats what it is, business conflicts in the underworld. Do a search on Marseille, Toulon...or Lyon on the subject.

The problem YOU have is of regular Joe killing regular kids in a school or mall without any reason except him going mad.

That seems rather simplistic.  We have *a lot* of problems when it comes to violence in general, and gun violence specifically.

But then again, so do you.

30 minutes ago, galenkia said:

19 confirmed dead and at least 22,including children,injured.

21 year old white male in custody.

Another fine advert for the constitution's right to bear arms.

I'll say it here:

You think this is an American problem, and for the moment, you have the luxury of maintaining that fiction.  But it won't last

You'd be better served thinking long and hard about what's going on, instead of gloating about the misfortune of others, cause sooner than you think, our misfortune will be yours as well.

Just now, alias said:

I'll say it here:

You think this is an American problem, and for the moment, you have the luxury of maintaining that fiction.  But it won't last

You'd be better served thinking long and hard about what's going on, instead of gloating about the misfortune of others, cause sooner than you think, our misfortune will be yours as well.

Nope...

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Blablabl...

Meanwhile, another good patriot went on another rampage....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-49221936

50 minutes ago, galenkia said:

19 confirmed dead and at least 22,including children,injured.

21 year old white male in custody.

Another fine advert for the constitution's right to bear arms.

Texas is "open carry".

What happened to the "good person with a gun stopping a bad person with a gun".

18 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

#thoughtsandprayers.

The design contest for the "thoughts and prayers" emoji is now open.

armed_bear.jpg

18 minutes ago, alias said:

CQ_A3fOWsAAmcqy.jpg:large

So should we all have guns instead to protect ourselves as that will sure solve it.

There is a lot less chance of a massacre American style with a knife than a gun,plus most knife attacks are between black youths who think they are 'gangsta innit',so no loss to society,but American gun massacres target innocent people.

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, galenkia said:

So should we all have guns instead to protect ourselves as that will sure solve it

If you mean the problem of cowardly losers taking shots at unarmed people, doubtlessly that WOULD solve the problem.

39 minutes ago, alias said:

If you mean the problem of cowardly losers taking shots at unarmed people, doubtlessly that WOULD solve the problem.

Hahaha....just confirmed my point !

Having a gun makes you brave ?

In fact its the opposite, but thats gonna be hard to understand for you guys !

Salaam and good night !

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section:

Unless I fly somewhere for work, I am hoping my next flight won't be until March 2021. Tripped planned as flying Brisbane to Sydney, cruise Sydney to Singapore, train Singapore to Chiang Mai, fly Chiang Mai to Udon Thani, drive Udon Thani to Pattaya and then finally fly Bangkok to Brisbane.

Hoping to just holiday locally for the next 18 months.

Edited by thegrogmonster

7 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Unless I fly somewhere for work, I am hoping my next flight won't be until March 2021. Tripped planned as flying Brisbane to Sydney, cruise Sydney to Singapore, train Singapore to Chiang Mai, fly Chiang Mai to Udon Thani, drive Udon Thani to Pattaya and then finally fly Bangkok to Brisbane.

Hoping to just holiday locally for the next 18 months.

Good idea to avoid the USA, too many whack jobs with guns over there.

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, Thai Spice said:

It's a bit more often than weekly, it's almost daily.

ScreenHunter_394 Aug. 04 02.59.jpg

Take a look on Wikipedia , it makes shocking reading

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019

9 hours ago, alias said:

I'll bet more people die in pub-brawls in the UK than die in mass-shootings in the US,

6 minutes ago, bexwell said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019

Total dead (for mass shootings) 246.

Anyone know how many died in UK pub brawls during the same period?

37 minutes ago, bexwell said:

Six people were shot, two fatally, while in a car at a gas station. Police are looking for two suspects.

Four people, including a 15-year-old girl were wounded, after two perpetrators opened fire in the Historic South-Central neighborhood

Etc.....

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

Texas is "open carry".

What happened to the "good person with a gun stopping a bad person with a gun".

Preface below comment with-

1. I hate guns, have never held one, never mind shot one in my life

2. NRA ranks right up there with Big Pharmy and Big Religion as the most evil congregation of $$$ disguised as political lobbyist in history of mankind, but it is still a distant 3rd compared to the other 2. 

3. I am an ardent supporter of the second amendment of the US Constitution, but fact is, we the people lost the inherent intended rights our founding fathers bestowed upon us via the second amendment more than 150 years ago so not sure where the argument, whether it be pee shooter, AK47, or any purchase control comes into play in the year 2019.

Now, to answer the above question directly - Yes Texas has open carry laws. But private property owners are allowed to "trump" the law and make their properties GUN FREE ZONES. The tragic events today happened in a GUN FREE ZONE, so the brave people you refer to were acting as law abiding citizens.

Allow me to close with some more subjective conjecture. Guns are a problem, no doubt, but they are not THE PROBLEM. They are more a symptom of a bigger problem, that being mental health. For sure not a Seppo centric problem, but one big Pharmy and big Religion has exploited in America more than elsewhere simply because it has been the most lucrative market for profit over the past 100 years. But that trend is slowly changing and can be evidenced by the trends in violent crime and intentional homicide rates. Whilst US is still quite significantly above most of our fellow western cultures in cases per 100k people, it is fact that our trend for past 20 years has been down, and down significantly whilst the opposite holds true for our fellow Western cultures.

Moral of the story....be careful what you wish for. You might be ahead of the curve on the gun thing, but don't be shocked when folk with mental health issues start using more than trucks on the promenades of Paris to destroy innocent lives but start using dirty bombs or chemical weapons to take out 1000's of innocent lives in one swoop. 

If we all don't start addressing the problem rather than lathering up over the symptom, well call me crazy but I fear a day when we all look back to the "good ole days" when the worst thing in the hands of a mentally disturbed individual was an A-47!

Just saying.....................

Edited by STARGAZER
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

putting mass shootings aside for a second I heard there is over 100 gun related deaths every day in America (happy to be corrected) if thats the case thats insane..... what the hell is wrong with you people ?

Read above and think bigger.....