Another Wacko With An AR

On 8/5/2019 at 7:03 AM, grayray said:

Sweden where every adult male has a military weapon in their house,don't read much about mass shootings over there.

You probably meant Switzerland where this is often mentioned, but forgot to say that most of them do not have any ammunition which might provide a reason for them not shooting as much.

Switzerland is led by the right wing Swiss Peoples Party.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:11 AM, STARGAZER said:

Now, to answer the above question directly - Yes Texas has open carry laws. But private property owners are allowed to "trump" the law and make their properties GUN FREE ZONES. The tragic events today happened in a GUN FREE ZONE, so the brave people you refer to were acting as law abiding citizens.

Reports I'm reading indicate Walmart allow open carry on their premises and have repeatedly refused to change that policy, so not a gun free zone at all.  Still no "good people" there to help out.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, Murchie said:

Quality retort.

Need to put these garlic eaters in their place mate.

Without our timely intervention they would be in a United Europe without a democracy and an army for the entire continent. Oh wait, that describes present EU.:default_239_fishing: 

5 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Dunblane was a cathartic moment in the UK.

I pray the US never sees their equivalent  before they invoke change 

17 murdered at Dunblane , would only just make the top ten in worst US mass shootings , Las Vegas was 58 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:15 PM, KWA said:

You probably meant Switzerland where this is often mentioned, but forgot to say that most of them do not have any ammunition which might provide a reason for them not shooting as much.

Switzerland is led by the right wing Swiss Peoples Party.

When I lived in Switzerland, Every head of household had to have an Automatic weapon (furnished) and a stash of ammo, along with yearly training on the use and care of the weapon.

The year or so I was there were was zero gun deaths from such weapons.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 AM, Stillearly said:

Sandy Hook was the US equivalent , 20 kids between six and seven , plus six adults ... 

That was seven years ago 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2013

The Brits were not enured  to its  historical equivalence ...maybe that was the difference ?

I have no doubt at all that the USA will move to a similar model to the rest of the West...time frames? maybe 5-15 years

2 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

The Brits were not enured  to its  historical equivalence ...maybe that was the difference ?

I have no doubt at all that the USA will move to a similar model to the rest of the West...time frames? maybe 5-15 years

I think it is more likely the rest of the world will move toward us, meaning increasing amounts of this particular type of violence

After giving this some thought, I'm moving more towards the "something must be done" side, but maybe not what a lot of you Euro-weenies think must be done.  I am reminded of a meme seen recently, "How many more killings are needed before you give up your guns?", with the response being "How many more rapes are needed before you cut off your dick?"  I think this sums up the views of many Americans, enough to ensure a gun ban will never happen. 

So... what, then?  I am also reminded of something a nameless Euro-weenie said years ago on some forum somewhere that stuck with me.  "Your typical American kid will have seen 1000 murders on TV before they're 10 years old, but not a single tit", which I think strikes at the heart of the peculiar nature of puritanical America.  Years later, an American child of 10 will have *committed* thousands of murders in increasingly realistic video games. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that the particular type of mass murderer we're talking about is usually in their teens or twenties. 

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Another example of letting any Joe the Idiot buying a gun and think he is a sheriff....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-49303879

Missouri Walmart panic caused by armed man testing gun right

I mean how dum can one be ? 

Many of them out there. Seeking attention in  FB, Twatter times. What a fucking moron the guy is.

• Like 1