After a couple of days on the ground . .

Britboy

On 9/28/2019 at 3:37 AM, grayray said:

BB,

I am enjoying your TRs,have a way to fix the "helment" problems with GG lady

don't let her give you head,forget the blowie job for one night:default_071:

just wham bam thank you mam :default_acute:

regards

grayray

Thanks Grayray, but I love a good BJ and don't want to have to go without that.

She's learning, but to be honest I've not seen her for over 2 weeks now. I'm quite happy with bank girl at weekends and midweek visits to GC's.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 2:33 AM, Thai Spice said:

Sex on tap quickly wears out...

100% agree, now in my 13th year here and this year I have barfined 1 girl 3 times ?

I've had an ex g/f been coming to see me the last few months but I've got tired of the shit she brought with her so her and all others have been put on the backburner now and I'm more than happy going to bed alone, waking up alone and just going out for drinks with friends and not caring about the girl side of it at all now.

Just thought about it and last year I barfined 3 girls. Hardly prolific 5555

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Great update Britboy👍

The story of the couple in the cafe really is jaw-dropping. Feel for the guy being lonely, but what on earth is he thinking? Maybe you might see him/them around your manor.

Some people just need to be in a relationship , I think they find it hard to function on their own .... but very sad and you just know it's not going to end well ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Great update Britboy👍

The story of the couple in the cafe really is jaw-dropping. Feel for the guy being lonely, but what on earth is he thinking? Maybe you might see him/them around your manor.

I’d love to meet the guy and have a one-on-one with him. I’d definitely recognise him again, as he was facing me. The girl I wouldn’t, she had her back to me the whole time, even when leaving. Only saw her clearly when she first walked in.

I wish him well, he seemed a really genuine and nice guy. But he’s obviously not learned his lesson, he’s set himself up for yet another expensive fall. And I find it bizarre he did it in earshot of me at 10 am in the morning.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Some people just need to be in a relationship , I think they find it hard to function on their own .... but very sad and you just know it's not going to end well ...

Exactly.

I sincerely hope this one works out for him, but the signs were not good from her reactions. I get the feeling she thought Christmas has come early.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

its great the way it works out in the end, one major thing I love about Thailand.

I think I understand what you mean, but having been here so many times, seen, witnessed, read and heard about all the scams, rip-offs, and short- and long-game plays, my guard is still always up.

One has to really think through every possible scenario when faced with a given situation.

It really does make it difficult for the 100% genuine Thai ladies that still exist who want to snag a decent farang.

And just as difficult for a 100% genuine farang to find a 100% honest Thai lady.

Us farang have to be so street-wise to stand any chance, but at the same time this makes us a cynic and/or a sceptic.

I certainly know since I’ve been coming to Thailand I’ve become much more cynical. It can effect your personality.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

TFP an interesting update BB, well done on getting a hassle free Retirement extension. I never offered wifey a car mate but i did marry her 17 days after meeting, yes i was stupid but it was'nt a lot of dosh and it was a buddist wedding in the village and i thought ya never know it might work out, she's still here lol

Good luck to the guy but i fear you could be right, statistics are stacked against him and you'd think he'd be more wary.

• Thanks 1

Just to add one more thing to the main update, which I meant to include, but forgot.

I’m beginning to think the mantra that Thailand is the Land of Smiles is disappearing fast.

In the last 3 days I’ve been served by Thai ladies who have not uttered a single word through the whole transaction.

WTF? Even in miserable England, if I’m a customer and I buy something, the minimum I’ll get is a “thank you” at the conclusion of the transaction. Worst case, a grunt.

On Saturday bank girl and I went to Central (needed some toiletry stuff from Boots). The taxi dropped us off at Cigarista, so I could buy cigars. It’s msybe half a kilometre walk to Central and I fancied a beer. We stopped off at some random bar, it had 3 moose serving. Nobody else in the bar,  none of them came to our table 

So I asked bank girl what she’d like, walked up to the bar and ordered a Singha and a water. Not a word. I went to sit down, the fattest moose brought the drinks over. Not a word.

Some pleasant conversation with bank girl, finished drinks, after a few minutes caught one of the moose’s eye, and gestures for the check bin.

Check bin plonked on the table, not a word. Moose waited while I got money out of my pocket.

I paid exact money, but moose couldn’t see that. Not a word.

We got up and left, not a word.

On the walk to Central I asked bank girl WTF has happened to Thailand?

2nd occasion was in the 7/11 in Jomtien, on the corner of beach road and the police “station”. Bunch of stuff to pack and charge up, she was talking at high volume to another check out lady. Didn’t look at me, said nothing through the whole process, didn’t hand the bag to me, plonked the change in my hand, again without even looking at me, continuing her loud Thai conversation with the teller at the other end of the checkout.

Utterly pathetic in both cases. Don’t they train staff here in customer service?

Edited by Britboy
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

TFP an interesting update BB, well done on getting a hassle free Retirement extension. I never offered wifey a car mate but i did marry her 17 days after meeting, yes i was stupid but it was'nt a lot of dosh and it was a buddist wedding in the village and i thought ya never know it might work out, she's still here lol

Good luck to the guy but i fear you could be right, statistics are stacked against him and you'd think he'd be more wary.

Wow, 17 days? That’s quick, but was obviously the right thing if you’re still together. Good for you mate.

This guy had told her his life story (warts and all), lent her his car and asked her to move in within 45 minutes of meeting her.

Thats a Guineas Book of Records entry in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good update and good read BB, yep we have seen and heard it all. Same thing at the gym in Bangkok where I go, American guy, 30 years old, school teacher there met a girl on "Badoo" 10 days later she suggests to him that " maybe I should move in with you" Of course she does not work, other then hanging around Badoo all day. He went for it, I was so friggan tired from working out, I did not have the energy to tell him he is making a big mistake and tell him why either. 

He had been in Bangkok 3 months, you just know the " Can I have 5k baht every week" is coming next...if not more. 

I think with these girls not only do they like Iron Maiden, they like Metallica too......" Seek and Destroy" LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Britboy said:

Just to add one more thing to the main update, which I meant to include, but forgot.

I’m beginning to think the mantra that Thailand is the Land of Smiles is disappearing fast.

In the last 3 days I’ve been served by Thai ladies who have not uttered a single word through the whole transaction.

WTF? Even in miserable England, if I’m a customer and I buy something, the minimum I’ll get is a “thank you” at the conclusion of the transaction. Worst case, a grunt.

On Saturday bank girl and I went to Central (needed some toiletry stuff from Boots). The taxi dropped us off at Cigarista, so I could buy cigars. It’s msybe half a kilometre walk to Central and I fancied a beer. We stopped off at some random bar, it had 3 moose serving. Nobody else in the bar,  none of them came to our table 

So I asked bank girl what she’d like, walked up to the bar and ordered a Singha and a water. Not a word. I went to sit down, the fattest moose brought the drinks over. Not a word.

Some pleasant conversation with bank girl, finished drinks, after a few minutes caught one of the moose’s eye, and gestures for the check bin.

Check bin plonked on the table, not a word. Moose waited while I got money out of my pocket.

2nd occasion was in the 7/11 in Jomtien, on the corner of beach road and the police “station”. Bunch of stuff to pack and charge up, she was talking at high volume to another check out lady. Didn’t look at me, said nothing through the whole process, didn’t hand the bag to me, plonked the change in my hand, again without even looking at me, continuing her loud Thai conversation with the teller at the other end of the checkout.

Utterly pathetic in both cases. Don’t they train staff here in customer service?

I was thinking the same about 'customer service' this morning, I went into Foodmart in Jomtien to buy some bread, second time this week and second time money handed over by me and change given without a word or a smile, thank you or anything. I mentioned to a friend about the bread in there, he said he'd been in and bought it before and without any prompting said 'good bread but the cashiers are miserable as hell'.

There's a hardware store near me, youngish thai bloke owns it, he's slightly more expensive than a bigger shop down the road but he's so helpful and polite that I'll always go there first to buy things just because of his customer service. He should get a job training those other miserable shits about customer service because there's a few bars and gogos I won't touch now because of the shit service.

Land of smiles ? Don't make me laugh please !

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Its cultural, nothing to do with they're genuinely pleased to see a customer, in fact you're an irritation they'd rather not have. I walked up to a phone booth in a shopping mall interested in buying a new phone, the whole time i stood their looking at the phones on display the sales assistant sat their looking and playing with her phone, i was in full view of her and she could'nt give a shit that a potential customer was present. 

I have to say i went along to another phone booth and bought a new phone from a delightful sales assistant who could'nt have been more attentive. I'd sack the other moron on the spot if i was the owner/manager but wait a minute, she might be the manager/owner lol  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Its cultural, nothing to do with they're genuinely pleased to see a customer, in fact you're an irritation they'd rather not have. I walked up to a phone booth in a shopping mall interested in buying a new phone, the whole time i stood their looking at the phones on display the sales assistant sat their looking and playing with her phone, i was in full view of her and she could'nt give a shit that a potential customer was present. 

I have to say i went along to another phone booth and bought a new phone from a delightful sales assistant who could'nt have been more attentive. I'd sack the other moron on the spot if i was the owner/manager but wait a minute, she might be the manager/owner lol  

Correct, it's almost like we should be the ones thanking them for allowing us plebs into their shops to buy things and spend our money.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I was thinking the same about 'customer service' this morning, I went into Foodmart in Jomtien to buy some bread, second time this week and second time money handed over by me and change given without a word or a smile, thank you or anything. I mentioned to a friend about the bread in there, he said he'd been in and bought it before and without any prompting said 'good bread but the cashiers are miserable as hell'.

There's a hardware store near me, youngish thai bloke owns it, he's slightly more expensive than a bigger shop down the road but he's so helpful and polite that I'll always go there first to buy things just because of his customer service. He should get a job training those other miserable shits about customer service because there's a few bars and gogos I won't touch now because of the shit service.

Yep, foodmart is another one. I go in there a fair bit and agree, the females are miserable. The 2 guys who stand around at the entrance (the "heavies" presumably) aren't too bad though.

18 hours ago, Britboy said:

Exactly.

I sincerely hope this one works out for him, but the signs were not good from her reactions. I get the feeling she thought Christmas has come early.

Once romance and feeling are positionned ahead.of the brain, in places like Thailand you're doomed.

Sadly , you have to keep on your guard and with that warning light on for many many years, not to say forever.

Sad, but statistically a fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Britboy said:

I agree. Sabai, hospitality, and genuine smiles  are on a rapid decline here in Bangkok. Not a good  market equation for tourist and regional business travel hub. Big problem!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BarryL said:

some one has made good effort to  post good thred about his time in thailand and others try make it about them and they hate of thailand.

is not good sign for forum future.

You're right.

Sorry for the TF from my part.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/7/2019 at 3:09 PM, Britboy said:

You have so much to learn and so little time!!

Customer service??? Of course not, you're a farang. You are lower than a flea infested street dog. The Thai smile is based on money, nothing else nothing more.

Oh... I could go on but can't be arsed. 

Enjoy it, but remember this if it seems too good to be true!

It isn't true. Just you're money they are after.:default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, farangme said:

You have so much to learn and so little time!!

Customer service??? Of course not, you're a farang. You are lower than a flea infested street dog. The Thai smile is based on money, nothing else nothing more.

Oh... I could go on but can't be arsed. 

Enjoy it, but remember this if it seems too good to be true!

It isn't true. Just you're money they are after.:default_biggrin:

Think the OP has been there, done it and realises that. Have a look back at his pool party thread.- refresh your memory😁

• Thumbs Up 2