I'm still smoking.....

Pumpuynarak

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

How did it go ?

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It got put off till today, wifey had something else cooking lol, i'll report back tomorrow.

Well i got em from me local pharmacy, Quomem 150mg sustained -release Bupropion Hydrochloride 60 tabs cost 1560bht manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline in the USA, not surprisingly they don't do Zyban or Chantix.

When i've read up on em i'll start taking and see how it goes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i got em from me local pharmacy, Quomem 150mg sustained -release Bupropion Hydrochloride 60 tabs cost 1560bht manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline in the USA, not surprisingly they don't do Zyban or Chantix.

When i've read up on em i'll start taking and see how it goes.

Don't be reading up looking for excuses not to give it a go.

#justsaying ...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2019 at 10:12 PM, Krapow said:

Don't be reading up looking for excuses not to give it a go.

#justsaying ...

I would say that after reading up on them i can't wait to crush em up and inhale them 🤣

Only my SOH winning the day......

I'm gonna start tomorrow lol

Not quite today for personal reasons, the time has to be right for me to succeed.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2019 at 2:34 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I would say that after reading up on them i can't wait to crush em up and inhale them 🤣

Only my SOH winning the day......

I'm gonna start tomorrow lol

Not quite today for personal reasons, the time has to be right for me to succeed.

might just be me but with the quomem still have a strong sour after taste, started on about day 5 now been off the tablets about 60 days, like i say might just be me 

IMG_1406.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I started smoking when I was 16 and smoked more than a pack a day (actually two packs for the last 20 years) for 45 years. In mid August I landed in intensive care with pneumonia and H1N1 - not caused by smoking, but certainly made worse by the fact that my lungs were not in great shape because of my smoking.

Decided to give up while I was still on a BiPap machine because it was one of the worst things I've ever been through.

I've been smoke free now for almost 2 months, no patches, gum or drugs - completely cold turkey.

Though there illness had a major bearing on my decision to quit, I had to make the decision and things became much easier after that.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, singalong said:

I started smoking when I was 16 and smoked more than a pack a day (actually two packs for the last 20 years) for 45 years. In mid August I landed in intensive care with pneumonia and H1N1 - not caused by smoking, but certainly made worse by the fact that my lungs were not in great shape because of my smoking.

Decided to give up while I was still on a BiPap machine because it was one of the worst things I've ever been through.

I've been smoke free now for almost 2 months, no patches, gum or drugs - completely cold turkey.

Though there illness had a major bearing on my decision to quit, I had to make the decision and things became much easier after that.

Well done, you have my congrats and best wishes on your recovery and for your continued abstinence. I hope it does'nt take me what you went through to finally kick this awful addiction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well done, you have my congrats and best wishes on your recovery and for your continued abstinence. I hope it does'nt take me what you went through to finally kick this awful addiction.

You just need to stop Pump,. it'll kill you if you don't, that or a smoking related issue.

And then who would I have to argue with online, don't be so fecking selfish, just stop, for my sake at least :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You just need to stop Pump,. it'll kill you if you don't, that or a smoking related issue.

And then who would I have to argue with online, don't be so fecking selfish, just stop, for my sake at least :default_biggrin:

There no doubt will be other candidates as the forum evolves lol

• Haha 1

I stopped smoking 3 months ago. I had little choice not to as I was diagnosed with Tonsil cancer and advised that if I continued smoking it would minimise the effect of the Radiotherapy that I would receive. I had 6 weeks of daily RT on my throat and neck area which was intense and the side affects left me not even thinking about having a cigarette. I am now in recovery and I have not smoked since, That said there are days when I have started craving again. I  don't keep any cigarette papers in the house although I have not thrown away my tobacco. 

I hope to fuck, I don't start again at any point. Left to my own devices, I doubt whether I would have stopped smoking so I don't take any credit for stopping. I have no idea whether the T1 cancer cells were a direct result of years of smoking but there is probably a good chance that it was. 

Since I stopped, I do breath better but apart from that I don't feel any major benefits. Not easy for any smoker just to quit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I  don't keep any cigarette papers in the house although I have not thrown away my tobacco. 

I hope to f**k, I don't start again at any point. 

You need a slap as a gentle encouragement to bin that shite.

Just go and get rid of the stuff right now this minute. 

You know it makes sense!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

I will probably sell it. I have a bag full 😏

Drug dealing again!

Aye probably, or maybe you might just try one for old time's sake, just one mind ………………………………………...and we all know where that ends up.

If you can't sll it this weekend, bin that fecking stuff, or get rid somehow.

• Haha 1

Legal dealing of course 😀

I have not drank alcohol for 3 months either. That is not to say that when my sense of taste fully returns that I will not drink again

I was at my daughter's yesterday  and tried a sip of her wine. Tasted like vinegar. Could be a while before my taste buds and saliva glands recover but I could murder a pint of beer. 

The real test will be, is in a setting where I am having a drink and then may want a cigarette.  I am planning a trip in Jan 2020 to Thailand and that will probably be the big test.  Mind you, alcohol has never been a big problem for me. 

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

The real test will be, is in a setting where I am having a drink and then may want a cigarette.  I am planning a trip in Jan 2012 to Thailand and that will probably be the big test.  Mind you, alcohol has never been a big problem for me. 

Yea, would've been very hard for me to stop if I had still be drinking TBH.

So are Dr Who or what, going back in time to 2012 for your trip, better exchange rates?

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'll be in Thailand move of January, myself, we fly New Year's Eve.

Looking at the 9th, but not booked yet until I am sure I will be well enough. If so, we must definitely meet up, for a cigar and a glass of brandy 😊

Maybe we can arrange a London drink near xmas ?

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Looking at the 9th, but not booked yet until I am sure I will be well enough. If so, we must definitely meet up, for a cigar and a glass of brandy 😊

Maybe we can arrange a London drink near xmas ?

Yes to both, sounds good!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple of beers on Saturday with some friends who are smokers - this was the first time after I gave up. Glad to say that I didn't start up again though the craving was there. Another thing I discovered is that the craving doesn't last very long - maybe a minute or so at the most and once you're over that it disappears...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well its all set for a New Years resolution along with me best mate here, we're gonna try and quit together, ya know give each other support, see how it pans out......
Good luck - I'm sure you can do it, if I could then anyone can... ;)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I couldn't pack it in and tried many times in the past and when that doctor sat me down and told me I have cancer I didn't touch another cig.

That was 14 months ago i kind of miss it in a way when relaxing after a meal but when I smell spent smoke it puts me off.

I think i'll stay a non smoker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...