Sign in to follow this  
Britboy

Advice please guys - what's the best way to get . .

Sky Sports channels, BT sports and the other channels that Sky provide, such as ID, CBS Reality, National Geographic, etc.

I'm moving into my apartment on Monday and the owner has upgraded the minix android box but when he spoke to his provider they couldn't organise Sky Sports.

This is a showstopper for me, so if anyone can assist I'd be very grateful.

Theres a few apps but im not sure what's working... 

I'll look for you later... 

13 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Theres a few apps but im not sure what's working... 

I'll look for you later... 

If you could Lanzalad would really appreciate it. Don't know how these things work over here.

I have a laptop and can connect to the TV via HDMI plus the apartment has this minix box installed and up to date.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

If you could Lanzalad would really appreciate it. Don't know how these things work over here.

I have a laptop and can connect to the TV via HDMI plus the apartment has this minix box installed and up to date.

Hope that helps.

Lanza(another Phil)  knows his minix boxes better than anyone in Thailand ........ great lad and will help for sure. :default_cheers:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Lanza(another Phil)  knows his minix boxes better than anyone in Thailand ........ great lad and will help for sure. :default_cheers:

Absolutely CORRECT.

Me, I know nothing about them but I'm the best in Thailand at getting my leg over for 500 Baht.

• Haha 3

If it’s just Premier League football you want then I would strongly advise to just get a True id box from a True shop. 400฿ a month and you get all the EPL games legitimately.
Don’t forget there are three UK broadcasters for EPL this season, Amazon joins. True really is the cheapest and most reliable option.
National Geographic is available in Sophon Cable

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Also in Thailand is https://www.hdprimetv.tv which is a very good service of what i remember.

You can also do pay as you go with this.. so if its not needed then you don't buy a package.

I just can't remember the channels list..

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always try to have a few on my Minix box as performance does tend to be hit or miss unless you pay for it.  I'm not at home to check exactly what's on at the moment but Swift Streamz and Mobdro are definitely two of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks very much for all the advice guys.

I think I have it sorted - popped back in to Rock House last night, the owner has been great. He's offered to take me (and the minix box) to his guy who can add all the channels I need. Seems like Stbemu is what he's using in the bar and he showed me the list of channels/streams he can get. Really extensive. It's even broadcasting my team, Ipswich (v Sunderland) on Saturday, along with a bunch of other division 3 games . . lol.

The other info and links in particular are going to be really useful too, so thanks again guys.

• Like 2

Just looked up setbmu and not much the wiser.

It seems to stand for Set Top Box Emulator, so does it need some software on top of it depending on what you're trying to emulate?

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Just looked up setbmu and not much the wiser.

It seems to stand for Set Top Box Emulator, so does it need some software on top of it depending on what you're trying to emulate?

It's actually stbemu, but I think you have what it stands for correct.

It's software that's loaded onto the Android box and it provides loads and loads of channels . . . No idea if it needs anything else to operate, thankfully found a guy who's really on the case and can actually supply the boxes all set up. Just plug it in via HDMI. Yippee . . . 

Now all the free stuff you will need to keep on top of the streams to keep watching it...

I watched rocket man yesterday and to dropped the links 3 times while watching it and every time i had to try a new link....

When you pay at least you have someone to sort it out at the other end.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

Now all the free stuff you will need to keep on top of the streams to keep watching it...

I watched rocket man yesterday and to dropped the links 3 times while watching it and every time i had to try a new link....

When you pay at least you have someone to sort it out at the other end.

Absolutely Lanzalad.

I’m paying an annual subscription for 2 boxes, which is cheaper for the whole year compared to the equivalent of half a month of Sky and BT Sports in UK that had sports, movies and multiroom.

Plus it will work worldwide, so can even use it in UK if/when I go back there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this