Vietnam Visa in Australia

andycoll

On my last three trips to Vietnam I have gone the Visa on Arrival route. Easy to get  the letter of introduction on the net and only 16USD for the letter plus 25USD at immigration at the airport, total AUD cost of about $60. The only hassle has been the upto half hour delay waiting for the visa at the airport and the fact that is a full page sticker in your passport. For my upcoming trip I decided to move into the 21st Century and get an online visa. Bit of messing around putting it together but now I have done it once it will be easier in future. But the effing cost, $107, what a ripoff, around $47 more allowing for exchange rates. Thank goodness my Sri Lanka visa was free. Still, it was good practice, especially when I have to get a Myanmar visa for a trip there next year for ANZAC day.

2019 002.jpg

• Like 1

Andy coll not sure why so expensive. You don't need a letter of intro, just a $19 ripoff. Go to the official govt website for your evisa. evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn pay only $25 US. upload a passport photo and face page your passport. U can track progress and only takes 3 days. Very quick at immig as well when u arrive. Got 2 one for Filipina GF no problems

Edited by biggles
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 4 months later...