How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

INFINITIKLOUD - Any good for backup ?

Most of you will know i'm a Com Dino of the highest order. I saw this on sale this morning and thought it might be for me, i've done little in the way of backing up all me stuff.

Question - Will it back up all me pics and bookmarks ? i'm using W7 browser if that makes any difference.

Is there a techie out there who knows or could have a lookie on the web and let me know, i've had a look at their website and me heads caved in again, i just don't understand what they're on about, its gobblegook to me.

PS - If ya want your helicopter engine replaced i'm yer man. 

USB stick.PNG

USB Stick 1.PNG

USB Stick 2.PNG

Not sure, but if you export your bookmarks to a file in your documents folder before you plug it in, it should back up the file which you can use to rebuild the bookmarks on a new PC. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like it does what it says, but bookmarks are not files and need dealt with seperately as rhodie says.  Another similar gadget is photostick which doesn't seem so pricey.  Neither are needed to do backups, but if it makes life easier for you then why not.

Edited by KWA
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Pumpuynarak

Basically, 

As long as you save your username and password for your account, for Chrome and/or Firefox in a secure location (on an external hard drive) you will be fine.

When logging into Chrome/Firefox, it automatically loads up your bookmarks,saved passwords,history etc etc.

What I would do...

Plug in a USB External hard drive, or USB Stick

Open 'Notepad' in Windows..

Type in 'Username' and Password  ie, your login and password ..

Click Save As..

Name it "Login for Firefox"

Do exactly same for Chrome as well...

Important bit.. ' Save to external hard drive' (Could be.. D,E,F etc etc)

To save photos ,docs,music, etc etc on a hard drive..

1.Go to 'C Drive'

2.Double Click on 'C Drive'

3.Click on 'Users'

4.There you will see, your 'User Name', which should be your login name to access Windows.

5.Right click your Name

6.Select 'Copy'

7.Go to 'My Computer' this should show the location of USB Hard drive, should be letter D,E,F etc etc

8.Double click, on USB Hard drive, then right click, choose 'Paste'..

9.This will take about 30 minutes or more to copy over all files, dependent on the size  of the files.

10.To be sure, all files were copied over..

11 Repeat Steps 1,2,3,4, and 5.

12.Instead of selecting Copy, select 'Properties'

13.This will calculate, the grand total of all the files . make a note of the total..

14. Repeat step 7.

15. Double click, on USB Hard drive, then right click, choose 'Properties'

16.Wait.. When its finished calculating, the total should match, the total on Step 13.

17.Give yourself a pat on the back.. You've just saved yourself $40...

PS, Give me a ring, if you're not sure..

Edited by miko
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My browser already takes care of bookmarks,for pics and documents I manually do a backup once a month to an external HDD..... for anything that absolutely cannot be lost I also email to myself as well as send to my cloud storage.

I would be concerned using a usb device like that for such activities in that can the backup be recovered if the stick fails ?

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

My browser already takes care of bookmarks,for pics and documents I manually do a backup once a month to an external HDD..... for anything that absolutely cannot be lost I also email to myself as well as send to my cloud storage.

I would be concerned using a usb device like that for such activities in that can the backup be recovered if the stick fails ?

Spot on..

I save my backups to 2 different USB hard drives -usually once every 3 months.

i learnt a very painful lesson, many years ago, when turning on the PC, the Hard drive had failed, lost everything.

Depending on the usage of the Hard Drive, they could last 4-6 years

However the new hard drives SSD, apparently last a lifetime allegedly..

• Thumbs Up 1

One of the basic rules : keep the back up physically in a separate location from you laptop / computer...

Cloud is one way.

Having the back up drive in your computer bag with your comp, is not very usefull if the bag get stolen, misplaced, ....

Never used cloud back up, as it is more easily targetted and hackable than a disc or.drive you store somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

One of the basic rules : keep the back up physically in a separate location from you laptop / computer...

Cloud is one way.

Having the back up drive in your computer bag with your comp, is not very usefull if the bag get stolen, misplaced, ....

Never used cloud back up, as it is more easily targetted and hackable than a disc or.drive you store somewhere.

I always keep my hard drives at home in a locked drawer..

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Cloud is one way.

My external HDD is kept in my safe along with other personal documents.

Ive added a foam seal to the safe door and have a few packets of silica gel in the safe to help with humidity.

Thanks guys i appreciate, as we were discussing last night mate (Miko) i'll get you round my gaff when the time is right for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks guys i appreciate, as we were discussing last night mate (Miko) i'll get you round my gaff when the time is right for you.

Give us a ring mate, and we'll sort something.. sooner rather than later..

9 hours ago, miko said:

Give us a ring mate, and we'll sort something.. sooner rather than later..

Yep my com is almost as slow as me lol, next time wifey is out for the day i'll give ya a call, thanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, miko said:

However the new hard drives SSD, apparently last a lifetime allegedly..

SSD's do die and when they do they are extremely difficult to recover anything from.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this