Truevision - What a bunch of w...... !!!

Pumpuynarak

Before i left home last night to meet up with mates to watch the footie i thought i'd put on the WH v MC game whilst getting ready. To my surprise and anger i could'nt get access despite being a customer for 13 years and having the footie package paying 299bht per month on top of my gold package to have Bein Sports channels.

Now wifey got a phone call about 2 weeks ago advising they needed to visit us to do some adjustments to our two boxes, they said they were busy and would contact us again to advise when they could do. I got wifey to call them back to confirm we would'nt be denied access to ANY channels whilst we were waiting for them to visit, they confirmed that was the case.

I'm currently paying them 2402bht per month for the gold package with two boxes and that includes 299bht for the footie, when wifey returns from KK today i'm gonna get her to call them and get someone who speaks English and i'm gonna rip em up for ass paper.

What a bunch of w...... !!!

Anyone else have this problem ?

PS - If i can't resolve it today i'm gonna have to try me android box or go out to watch in me local bar and get drunk again lol   

Edited by Pumpuynarak

BeIN have lost the rights to the EPL and now they are held by True. It’s easier for me to make bullet points.
* Gold package holders no longer get BeIN channels, they are a free add on to the Platinum package but they DONT show EPL anyway.
* True channels 600-605 now show the EPL It’s an add on if 199฿ a month for the first 3 months, then 299 after that.
* EPL channels are free on the Platinum package
* If you only want EPL can I suggest that you just subscribe to a cheaper package, like sports, or even just the free channels, then have the EPL as an add on.
* even cheaper, get a Chromecast and TrueID subscription for the season 2,500฿ for the season, with unlimited on demand playback.
To be fair, True have been promoting this for weeks with emails, online adds and ticker tape announcements.
Hope that helps Cliff.
Phil

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

BeIN have lost the rights to the EPL and now they are held by True. It’s easier for me to make bullet points.
* Gold package holders no longer get BeIN channels, they are a free add on to the Platinum package but they DONT show EPL anyway.
* True channels 600-605 now show the EPL It’s an add on if 199฿ a month for the first 3 months, then 299 after that.
* EPL channels are free on the Platinum package
* If you only want EPL can I suggest that you just subscribe to a cheaper package, like sports, or even just the free channels, then have the EPL as an add on.
* even cheaper, get a Chromecast and TrueID subscription for the season 2,500฿ for the season, with unlimited on demand playback.
To be fair, True have been promoting this for weeks with emails, online adds and ticker tape announcements.
Hope that helps Cliff.
Phil

Thanks for that Phil, i got wifey to call TV yesterday and they informed her that the EPL is on Channels 600 - 605 so no probs last night. Now i have never seen any info pop up  on any TV channel or received any email telling me that the changes had taken place to channels 600 - 605 but there's a load of baloney now popping up on the old Bein channels which i'd need to be Einstein to understand lol. I use TV for other than EPL so am keen to keep.

Now whats going to be really interesting is what i'm gonna pay for it as when Bein got the rights and TV also secured from Bein i was paying 299bht per month additional as an existing customer and i'm still paying that as of last months bill, so what are they gonna charge me in future, an additional 199/299bht on top of what i'm currently paying ?

I've got their guys coming round tomorrow to do whatever they gotta do to the setup/dish so i'll ask them if they know or i'll get wifey to call them to clarify, if they think i'm gonna pay twice for the EPL they can go f... themselves but i can't believe that will be the case, my August bill is due shortly that will give me a clue lol

Once again thanks for your post.

I am with true.....I changed from dish to cable about 10 months back when cable was installed past where I live.

I am on the Gold package and now I have cable I got extra channels including Australia Plus at no extra cost.

I pay just for Gold.... I do not pay extra for the EPL..... but I got one game on Saturday and one game on Sunday live on one of the True channels mentioned between ch 600-605..... only one game each day.

cheers

Thanks for that Phil, i got wifey to call TV yesterday and they informed her that the EPL is on Channels 600 - 605 so no probs last night. Now i have never seen any info pop up  on any TV channel or received any email telling me that the changes had taken place to channels 600 - 605 but there's a load of baloney now popping up on the old Bein channels which i'd need to be Einstein to understand lol. I use TV for other than EPL so am keen to keep.

Now whats going to be really interesting is what i'm gonna pay for it as when Bein got the rights and TV also secured from Bein i was paying 299bht per month additional as an existing customer and i'm still paying that as of last months bill, so what are they gonna charge me in future, an additional 199/299bht on top of what i'm currently paying ?

I've got their guys coming round tomorrow to do whatever they gotta do to the setup/dish so i'll ask them if they know or i'll get wifey to call them to clarify, if they think i'm gonna pay twice for the EPL they can go f... themselves but i can't believe that will be the case, my August bill is due shortly that will give me a clue lol

Once again thanks for your post.

Pump, pretty sure that BeIN is blocked on Gold now, not sure. They still have FA Cup, La Liga and Seria A.

Also, last week they announced that they had secured rights to Rugby World Cup but I’m under the impression that it will only be streamed on their Bein Sports Connect app and website and not on the channels that True carry. Bein are trying to get everyone subscribe to them directly and not via True.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, misteregg said:

Phil

Hi Phil,

I understand what is chromecast but I do not follow how you buy the 2,500 baht subscription for True.to go along side the chromecast?

Where do you buy it from?

Do you use the basic chromecast or the Ultra version?

I might well buy one whilst I am in the UK.

Hi Phil,
I understand what is chromecast but I do not follow how you buy the 2,500 baht subscription for True.to go along side the chromecast?

Jambo, if you have a subscription already then you should be getting a free subscription to TrueID already. But if you haven’t or want to cancel True Visions subscription, you can buy a stand alone subscription to the EPL to watch on your phone which you. An Chromecast to your tv. As good a picture as True Box.
I would be careful of buying a Chromecast in UK as they may be different spec. Better to buy one at the Ais shop in Central.
The Ultra is to receive 4K and not needed.

17 hours ago, misteregg said:

Jambo, if you have a subscription already then you should be getting a free subscription to TrueID already. But if you haven’t or want to cancel True Visions subscription, you can buy a stand alone subscription to the EPL to watch on your phone which you. An Chromecast to your tv. As good a picture as True Box.
I would be careful of buying a Chromecast in UK as they may be different spec. Better to buy one at the Ais shop in Central.

Thanks Phil - I take your point about buying in the UK.

I cancelled my full subscription to True so presumably I can buy the EPL True stand alone for my phone in the True shop next to Tukcom?

I must say I was impressed with the picture quality in your Bar using chromecast.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Jambo said:

Hi Phil,

A lot of smart TV's have Chromecast build in.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:08 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I've got their guys coming round tomorrow to do whatever they gotta do to the setup/dish

Guess what, they phoned to say they could'nt make it and will re-appoint, they're too busy i suppose seeing people like me 🙄

• Like 1

Simple.... ring them again … or better still go into where you pay the bill and ask to get rid of the dish and go cable if it is available where you are.... cost me nothing for them to go from dish to cable and I am up in Issan country and cable is now freely available . Also they will give you your deposit back for the dish when they first installed it after they come and collect it..

cheers

Thanks Phil - I take your point about buying in the UK.
I cancelled my full subscription to True so presumably I can buy the EPL True stand alone for my phone in the True shop next to Tukcom?
I must say I was impressed with the picture quality in your Bar using chromecast.

I had some second hand Chromecasts from Sweden and it connects ok but always says that the Chromecast is from another country.

If anyone is interested I got a message from BeIN Sports today telling me that they had ceased broadcast True visions and they are now only available through the Bein Connect Asia app.
So if anybody wants to watch the FA Cup it will only be available online, although I have to say the service from BeIN is very good.

14 hours ago, misteregg said:

If anyone is interested I got a message from BeIN Sports today telling me that they had ceased broadcast True visions and they are now only available through the Bein Connect Asia app.
So if anybody wants to watch the FA Cup it will only be available online, although I have to say the service from BeIN is very good.

I am getting confused - often my default setting. :default_1087:

Are you now streaming the EPL from your phone by chromecast using the Bein Connect Asia app?

How much does that cost to show just the footy?

• Like 1

I am getting confused - often my default setting. :default_1087:
Are you now streaming the EPL from your phone by chromecast using the Bein Connect Asia app?
How much does that cost to show just the footy?

No mate. I use a combination of a True. Idiot cable box and the TrueID app which is Chromecast.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:06 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Guess what, they phoned to say they could'nt make it and will re-appoint, they're too busy i suppose seeing people like me 🙄

They called back and are coming on Monday, perhaps they ain't so bad after all lol and i got me August bill and its for exactly the same amount 2402bht with hopefully all the footie being shown.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

No mate, it’s the other way round. It’s available on True but not BeIN

Eureka.!

So can I visit the True shop and buy the EPL package just for my phone and then use chromecast to show it on my tele?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:14 PM, misteregg said:

can't speak for UK but i have 2 chromecast from the US and they do operate as they should here in Thailand

• Like 2