• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye

A Real All Star

Posted (edited)

A heavily-tattooed man was convicted of two murders by a Louisiana jury after a lawyer expressed concern about his chances for a fair trial.

William Bottoms Jr. was found guilty Friday of two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the 2017 slaying of 29-year-old Muhammad Hussain and 23-year-old Dedrick Williams. The Baton Rouge residents were found by St. Helena Parish sheriff’s deputies in a vehicle abandoned in a field.

Bottoms, whose face is covered in tattoo ink, did not show any emotion when the verdict from the jury was read. Defense lawyer Jarvis Antwine had previously asked potential jurors in East Baton Rouge Parish whether Bottoms’ ink-covered face would have any impact on their judgment.

“That’s the first thing you see with him,” Antwine said during jury selection, according to The Advocate newspaper.

Bottoms, 29, was tied to the double murder after dashcam footage showed a deputy helping him when his vehicle ran out of gas. The video was believed to have been recorded before the shootings took place.

A woman who had once been charged as an accessory told jurors that a “paranoid” Bottoms shot the two men after the four of them had bought heroin, according to the Advocate.

“I didn’t realize what was happening until I heard the first shot,” Megan Gaylord testified, according to the newspaper. “I froze pretty much. I just kept driving."

Bottoms was sentenced to two consecutive life terms.

With News Wire Services

UHAP43M6MFGCVKS4UXH7A2OEYI.jpg

Edited by Sir_Fondles

His parents must be so proud. "Look Mom, I had my entire head inked and now I am going to go out kill some random people!" 

SMH

Sign in to follow this