Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Transferring Pics from sms on a Samsung J1 to my com

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I thought you were on fibre optic?

Yep i am, TOT Fiber 2U 1 port 100Mb/100Mb but i think our contact in their office has done something for me, probaly put me on a faster package, but what do i know lol

55 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Amazing what a phone call to TOT results in, my D/L speed has gone from 3/4 mbps to 14/16 in a matter of moments but we do have a great relationship with one of their bosses. My speed is much faster on Chrome than it is on FF ????

Lets have a break Fygjam, i got some household jobs to do plus me brain or whats left of is dead lol 

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yep i am, TOT Fiber 2U 1 port 100Mb/100Mb but i think our contact in their office has done something for me, probaly put me on a faster package, but what do i know lol

14/16 doesn't sound like 100/100?

33 minutes ago, fygjam said:

14/16 doesn't sound like 100/100?

Exactly but i believe that very few get what you pay for especially in the locale where i live (Korat suberb) me mates here admittedly seem to get better speed with 3BB but they say it all depends where you live. Up until very recently despite only getting 8/9 mbps my speed has been quite good, enough to run an Android box, no real problem loading pages until today when it dropped to 3/4mbps hence wifey's call to them.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

46 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just doing a TestMy.net speed test on each browser.

Interesting, are you able to share the results.

Just now, Sir_Fondles said:

Interesting, are you able to share the results.

I don't know that i understand you ? i just do a speed test on FF and then do one on Chrome using TestMy.net and compare the results.

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't know that i understand you ? i just do a speed test on FF and then do one on Chrome using TestMy.net and compare the results.

And what are those results. can you post those ?

Am curious as to the speed difference.... might be time for me to give FF the arse if chrome is faster !!

53 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Exactly but i believe that very few get what you pay for especially in the locale where i live (Korat suberb) me mates here admittedly seem to get better speed with 3BB but they say it all depends where you live. Up until very recently despite only getting 8/9 mbps my speed has been quite good, enough to run an Android box, no real problem loading pages until today when it dropped to 3/4mbps hence wifey's call to them.

What server are you testing against?

testmy.net doesn't appear to have any Thailand based servers so you maybe testing a lot of international infrastructure as well.

testmy.net servers.

00000.png

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

And what are those results. can you post those ?

Am curious as to the speed difference.... might be time for me to give FF the arse if chrome is faster !!

Just done a test using TestMy.net   FF - 13.7 DL 20.3 UL, Chrome - 18.1 DL 21.6 UL, not a great difference but noticeable. Trouble is i got everything on FF so i'm loathe to move to Chrome and have to do it all again, ya know bookmarks and the like.

6 hours ago, fygjam said:

What server are you testing against?

testmy.net doesn't appear to have any Thailand based servers so you maybe testing a lot of international infrastructure as well.

testmy.net servers.

00000.png

Its Tokyo most of the time but sometimes Sydney, when using my VPN its Frankfurt. I was led to believe that TestMy.net was more realistic than others that show very high speeds as it uses multiple servers, but you know how much i know about Coms lol

10 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just done a test using TestMy.net   FF - 13.7 DL 20.3 UL, Chrome - 18.1 DL 21.6 UL, not a great difference but noticeable. Trouble is i got everything on FF so i'm loathe to move to Chrome and have to do it all again, ya know bookmarks and the like.

It's relatively easy to move bookmarks from one browser to another. Here's a step by step for FF to Chrome.

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-import-bookmarks-from-firefox-to-google-chrome/

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Often all I do and its only occasional photos anyway is I send from phone to FB messenger to one of my lads then open on laptop and save photo to downloads

Sure there are a 100 easier ways !

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Nice one, Thanks.

Interesting you DL is lower than you UL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i'm away for a couple of days Fygjam, can we resurrect on my return ? i'm hoping the break will recharge my brain if thats possible lol 

Yeah, go for it. Just tell me when you are ready for chapter 2.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't do and have no intention of ever doing so i just have to lump it lol

Gotta say FB Messenger is invaluable to me for work. The immediate contact worldwide with investors about to buy/sell is superb. Am sure Whatsapp could replicate it but vast majority use messenger

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

Gotta say FB Messenger is invaluable to me for work. The immediate contact worldwide with investors about to buy/sell is superb. Am sure Whatsapp could replicate it but vast majority use messenger

It's a small world we live in now thanks to the internet and VOIP. It's also saved a bundle on telecommunication costs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this