Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye

Lumpini Park

2 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Thing I most remember is the massive lizards roaming around there. Huge great things .... 

They had too remove some a few years ago , the population had grown too big ... saw loads of the Monitors on the banks of the Klongs whilst on a boat in Bangkok as well 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've many happy memories of Lumpini park. I used to walk through it twice a day on my way to and from work.

To see everyone stop dead at 18.00 for the King's anthem was a surprise the first time I experienced it.

It's a strange article as it doesn't say what they will be doing for a face lift.

9 hours ago, karon steve said:

It's a strange article as it doesn't say what they will be doing for a face lift.

If they dont say what they are going to do then I would say the odds swing in favor of them doing no good...

Let's hope they don't screw it up....many a walk with a "darling" from the night before here back in the day. Kind of peaceful really.......early mornings were best to beat the heat. 

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Let's hope they don't screw it up....many a walk with a "darling" from the night before here back in the day. Kind of peaceful really.......early mornings were best to beat the heat. 

Yes..

When in BKK and staying at the ON8 hotel I would start my walk at the steps of the Nana BTS. Take that to Asoke, transfer to the subway and take that to Lumpini. 

Then a brisk walk in a wonderful, safe environment at Lumpini. Then take the reverse route back. Safe, no traffic.

The thing about the BTS and MRT is that you'd still get some walking in (extending your actuivity time) but you are out of the heat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

When in BKK and staying at the ON8 hotel I would start my walk at the steps of the Nana BTS. Take that to Asoke, transfer to the subway and take that to Lumpini. 

Then a brisk walk in a wonderful, safe environment at Lumpini. Then take the reverse route back. Safe, no traffic.

The thing about the BTS and MRT is that you'd still get some walking in (extending your actuivity time) but you are out of the heat.

If you fancy something different you can take the BTS from Nana to Chit Lom and then walk down Soi Lang Suan to the park.

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

12 hours ago, karon steve said:

If you fancy something different you can take the BTS from Nana to Chit Lom and then walk down Soi Lang Suan to the park.

👍

Sign in to follow this