Buying a new car in Thailand

Toy Boy

On 9/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, Horizondave said:

The price of that Rangerover is over 3 x what it would cost to put it on the road in the UK.

About 330k pounds. Phew.

Like anything imported into Thailand, be it food, alcohol or cars, the pricing is absolutely extortionate and just not good vfm.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm looking to buy a new Ford Ranger Wildtrack.  

These days they come with all the trimmings so not much to add or remove in terms of options.

The one I want with automatic roller comes in at 1.059.000 Baht catalogue price and with 30% down-payment you get 0% interest on the remaining installments. 

The lady who served us kindly gave 20K discount off the bat without asking. 

What should I expect in terms of additional discount I could negotiate. I reckon 1M baht or 39K baht extra discount should be possible. 

Thoughts gents? 

43 minutes ago, Esco said:

I'm looking to buy a new Ford Ranger Wildtrack.  

These days they come with all the trimmings so not much to add or remove in terms of options.

The one I want with automatic roller comes in at 1.059.000 Baht catalogue price and with 30% down-payment you get 0% interest on the remaining installments. 

The lady who served us kindly gave 20K discount off the bat without asking. 

What should I expect in terms of additional discount I could negotiate. I reckon 1M baht or 39K baht extra discount should be possible. 

Thoughts gents? 

Get you wife to go in herself and tell them you prefer Toyota or something but if they can give her a special deal she could persuade you to buy the Ford. 
Worked for us many years ago so will obviously will depend on the dealer, also depends a lot on how well they are currently selling, if there is waiting list then not much chance of big discounts but if they say you can have the truck as soon as you buy then you have a better chance. 

• Like 1

Dealers typically have monthly ( and yearly ) quotas that they need meet to maintain their purchasing power ( discount ! ). So the closer it is to the end of the month ( year ) you are able to purchase, the better deal you might get if they are just a unit or two away from their quota.

• Like 1

I bought a used MU7 that was 1 year old about 5 years ago ... the fucking thing is a Beast .. it is great... I bought a new MUX for Beach gal .. which she never drives ... and the new MUX doesn't hold a candle to the MU7 ....

I would seriously consider buying a vehicle 1 or 2 years old ( super low miles ) .... you save a shit load of money .. what are you buying a vehicle for .. to drive or pamper?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I bought a used MU7 that was 1 year old about 5 years ago ... the fucking thing is a Beast .. it is great... I bought a new MUX for Beach gal .. which she never drives ... and the new MUX doesn't hold a candle to the MU7 ....

I would seriously consider buying a vehicle 1 or 2 years old ( super low miles ) .... you save a shit load of money .. what are you buying a vehicle for .. to drive or pamper?

I've already gone and bought a new Ford Ranger Wildtrack. 

I've bought it for myself, not some trophee car for the wife lol. 

• Like 4