Sign in to follow this  
Glasseye

Commuting

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

Was talking to a mate with a much shorter commute recently but 75% of it was in rush hour traffic.  His doc said it was being on and off the clutch pedal so much that did his knee in.

Mine's an auto but a few years ago we drove up from Pattaya to Korat for songkran in our Isuzu truck which is manual.A three hour trip took over eight & I had to get the missus to drive because I was getting sciatica.If & when we come over to live there I'll be getting an auto.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scottie said:

Was 2 minutes from home to boat when I was charter fishing.

Sounds interesting. 

Off Scottish coast?

Worst commute I had was armour vehicle handover's to Aus embassies/consulates.

Fly to destination on sunday, receive vehicle and prep for handover on the monday... tues/weds/thurs was vehicle familiarisation and handover... fly home Thursday night/Friday.

Was glad when that was finished.

7 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Mine's an auto but a few years ago we drove up from Pattaya to Korat for songkran in our Isuzu truck which is manual.A three hour trip took over eight & I had to get the missus to drive because I was getting sciatica.If & when we come over to live there I'll be getting an auto.

Wow.

Yeah I used to drive manuals back in the early days. Sometimes my foot would cramp up with all the stop and go.

Fucking ravaged the clutches and brakes. I remember when I got my first brake job how shocked I was. Expensive as f**k. Ive had a couple cars over the years where the clutch failed.

7 hours ago, KWA said:

Was talking to a mate with a much shorter commute recently but 75% of it was in rush hour traffic.  His doc said it was being on and off the clutch pedal so much that did his knee in.

Ive spent a lot of time in and out of vehicles over my lifetime. Can do a number on your back, especially if you are not in shape. I am fortunate to not have serious issues from it.

Lot of people go out on disability because of it. Very hard on truck drivers also.

10 hours ago, Scottie said:

Was 2 minutes from home to boat when I was charter fishing.

Show off! 😝

• Like 1

About 20 minutes to work by car or 30 minutes by train. So around 40 - 60 minutes travel a day.

I start and finish work early so I can avoid the congested peak travel times.

Since 1998 been working from a home office other than my 7 years in Thailand.  A 5 second commute to Bedroom, Lounge, Kitchen and Bathroom.

Sign in to follow this