PPI Claim for UK residents

Horizondave

For those who have thought of checking for PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) the time of closure for submitting claims is nearly upon us. 

You have 10 days (29 August) to submit claims directly or via a company willing and able to apply on your behalf.

I am still waiting on responses from 4 institutions although I have applied via a third party company working on my behalf.

For info I have already been paid out £4500 from one company but that was 2 years ago.  I received negative replies (a couple of years back) from 3 institutions directly saying they believed I was not entitled to compensation but I decided to have another go via a third party as I am aware that software has been used by many of these institutions to just send 'Dear John' letters because they are receiving so many claims that it was impossible to deal with all of them.

Having read about the rejection letters I decided (and was advised) to go via a third party who seem to have a better chance of getting something from these institutions as they still have pots of money available to pay out and are less likely to send 'Dear John' letters to claimants who are not Joe Public.  I am also awaiting information from a 4th institution that I completely forgot I had a credit card with.

I was loathe to use third party claim companies previously as they were charging up to 39% for their work although this is only charged if they are successful in their claim on your behalf.  A government crackdown has seen that charge reduced to around 20% max (plus VAT) so I thought it worth somebody else taking the trouble to try again, anything I get (if at all) is worth a go.

Remember get in before 29 August if you feel you have a claim, you have nothing to lose as so many institutions (banks, credit card companies, stores etc) charged PPI and they are paying out even if you accepted PPI at the time. 

For info some companies such as Marks and Sparks have contacted their customers directly even without a claim being placed but these companies are few and far between so get in now if you think you might have a claim.

Same got about £4K so far and have a bunch of others pending. I used a company called Gladstone Brookes they were really good and make it super easy for you, sure you lose about 30% or so (20% plus vat I think) of the claim but so fucking what I would never have done them on my own so well worth it IMO........also I don’t recall ever signing up for a PPI and thought I’d have no chance so there you go.

If you haven’t done it you really should.....

Edited by Sangsom
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

All of the above and loans etc so well worth claiming, can go as far back as the 80's.............................I did and so far I am happy.

I can't think of anything where I've had PPI attached , no store cards or loans , nothing on my Barclaycard, think I was asked when I took it out , but declined .. my Mortgage,  I had to have life insurance , but already had an endowment policy running , so used that .. 

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I can't think of anything where I've had PPI attached , no store cards or loans , nothing on my Barclaycard, think I was asked when I took it out , but declined .. my Mortgage,  I had to have life insurance , but already had an endowment policy running , so used that .. 

Don'y miss out because you 'think' you didn't have PPI, many customers have found out that they were paying PPI without realising it.

The thing is people in full time employment with good credit histories were charged PPI even when they didn't need it.

My brother was paid back £6000 by M and S and didn't know he had paid PPI 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

Don'y miss out because you 'think' you didn't have PPI, many customers have found out that they were paying PPI without realising it.

The thing is people in full time employment with good credit histories were charged PPI even when they didn't need it.

My brother was paid back £6000 by M and S and didn't know he had paid PPI 

+1 just do it, for 20 mins of your time there is nothing to lose, you don’t even need to sign paperwork now, the company I quoted above text you and you can sign the text and return to them via that route and it’s all done, really super easy. The main thing is remembering all your addresses for the last 30 years if you have moved around so have that ready. When it comes to selecting which companies you have had credit with, just tick every box for any of the banks you might have had the faintest thoughts you could have had dealings with.

• Like 1

Anybody care to recommend a company to do this on your behalf, for a fee if they win, of course?

I'm sure if I Google the question I'll get a zillion possibilities, but I'd prefer to hear an actual recommendation from a satisfied customer.

10 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Anybody care to recommend a company to do this on your behalf, for a fee if they win, of course?

I'm sure if I Google the question I'll get a zillion possibilities, but I'd prefer to hear an actual recommendation from a satisfied customer.

Gladstone Brooke’s did it for me, can recommend.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems you need a UK phone number. I've got an O2 pay-as-you-go mobile, but it's inactive as I'm in Thailand. Do they phone you at all, if not I could give them a relative's land line number in the UK? I doubt that my aged auntie woulD be best pleased at getting phone calls about my PPI claim!

Edited by Toy Boy

1 minute ago, Toy Boy said:

It seems you need a UK phone number. I've got an O2 pay-as-you-go mobile, but it's inactive as I'm in Thailand. Do they phone you at all, if not could give them a relative's land line number in the UK?

I read both a text and email , but they were effectively the same , so you can complete via email 

• Like 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

I read both a text and email , but they were effectively the same , so you can complete via email 

OK, thanks, even without any credit on the O2 phone any text messages till get forwarded to me here in Thailand.

40 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

It seems you need a UK phone number. I've got an O2 pay-as-you-go mobile, but it's inactive as I'm in Thailand. Do they phone you at all, if not I could give them a relative's land line number in the UK? I doubt that my aged auntie woulD be best pleased at getting phone calls about my PPI claim!

They say they may need to talk with you so giving a number is a benefit although they have used my email 2 times to let me know how things are progressing.

The email is more important

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...