Pumpuynarak

Are you prepared for death ?

2 hours ago, farangme said:

That's two good posts you've made. Are you feeling ok?

Think he's been on the Charlie.😀

• Haha 3

On 8/28/2019 at 7:52 AM, greasy spoon said:

just a couple of questions i have a thai will and leave all my assets to my long time partner[over 20 years]

the only thing thatneeds sorting is my bank account [currently only one and is in my wil with account number]

1 how long roughly does probate take here in thailand

2 how much do they carge ie is it a percentage [3 percent in selling property  eg] my will is over 10 years old and lodged with magna carta

Probate with no complication takes between 4-6 months 

charges vary on whether we are the executor. If we are then it’s a small percentage on the estate can be 1-5% depending on how complicated it is 

• Great Info 2

11 hours ago, Tony Justice said:

charges vary on whether we are the executor. If we are then it’s a small percentage on the estate can be 1-5% depending on how complicated it is 

thanks a lot tony my will is lodged with magna carta

10 hours ago, greasy spoon said:

I checked the safe list today last count was 720 wills lodged ( none in the name of greasy spoon lol) 

Just now, Tony Justice said:

I checked the safe list today last count was 720 wills lodged ( none in the name of greasy spoon lol) 

10 hours ago, greasy spoon said:

Hopefully for a long time . Looking at my records  I have had 47 clients ( and some of them good friends ) die on me this year 😞

55 minutes ago, Tony Justice said:

Hopefully for a long time . Looking at my records  I have had 47 clients ( and some of them good friends ) die on me this year 😞

hope thats not an advertising ploy....

On 8/29/2019 at 7:21 PM, farangme said:

Yes, I managed both and kept reasonably healthy. These days I train lightly but need to start drinking  again. 

my take...

• Haha 1

I had my living will etc and all of my assets and things as such re -written after getting married in 2016. Basically my Daughter and Son if I die, will get the house here in San Jose, Calif, USA, I had them put on the title as it is paid off, less hassle for them going forward. Rachanee wanted no part of the home here and thought for them it was best, no issue there as her home is paid off too in Bangkok so if I croke here, she would just go back home obviously. She is now and will get my 401k retirement 100% as I had her added on to that account also. 

No pension here for me as I worked in "Tech" so back in the early 80's is when companies started offering that, most companies let's say if you were putting in 10% of your yearly salary, they would put a maximum of 5% in,  so that worked out well for me and grew nicely over 30 years. Only local city Gov't officials, Police, Firefighters, Teachers etc get pensions these days. I might start taking Social Security at age 65 in a few years, if I do, Rachanee would be entitled to half of that if I die. 

The rest of the living will etc detailed out various other things, the car etc. The only thing I told Rachanee was that I want to be buried here in San Jose, my plot and casket are already paid for, she would only be responsible for paying for " the service" which should run about $2k additional. I told her if I "kick the bucket" while in Thailand with her, make sure she ships me "Fed X International Priority" I want to look my best when I arrive here back in the hood LOL! 

Good to see a lot of you have taken this seriously and planned ahead. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

The rest of the living will etc detailed out various other things, the car etc. The only thing I told Rachanee was that I want to be buried here in San Jose, my plot and casket are already paid for, she would only be responsible for paying for " the service" which should run about $2k additional. I told her if I "kick the bucket" while in Thailand with her, make sure she ships me "Fed X International Priority" I want to look my best when I arrive here back in the hood LOL! 

If you died whilst in Thailand,  wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to be cremated and ship the ashes back to be interred , could cost 000's to bring a body back 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

If you died whilst in Thailand,  wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to be cremated and ship the ashes back to be interred , could cost 000's to bring a body back 

Absolutely!

My best mate died in S.Africa, had to be cremated and brought back, the cost of moving the body would have been horrendous. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Krapow said:

The gym, and exercise in general, is so so beneficial, both mentally and physically. Great anti depressant, helps things like blood pressure, reverses diabetes etc etc. 

So many benefits. 

I love it now I started back properly over a year ago. I go 3 or 4 times a week, mostly circuits or boxfit etc. It's like having a personal trainer for a fraction of the cost.

Can't recommend it enough. It's evidence based, proven to help mentally and physically. 

And on that note, just heading out to walk down to the gym!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Absolutely!

My best mate died in S.Africa, had to be cremated and brought back, the cost of moving the body would have been horrendous. 

i know from bitter  experience,,,cheaper to cremate on site and ship the urn home...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

And on that note, just heading out to walk down to the gym!

Yup, I've trained 3 days in a row. Starting off lightl weights but hope to build up. Feeling it, but in a good way.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, galenkia said:

I'm amazed i made it to 40 never mind 50.

I don't own any assets,only thing i own is my bike and that is worth less than £2k,and will probably be the death of me anyway the way i ride it.I'll just have any money left put behind the bar at LePub and you can all have a big piss up on me.😀

If I promise to take bike lessons and buy a half season ticket for QPR... Can I have your bike? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Tony Justice said:

thanks tony pm sent with my name

On 8/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, Tony Justice said:

I got no assets in Thailand Tony other than a bank account so no need for a Thai will, i only keep monthly usable money in it so as long as me son has me ATM pin no to withdraw any dosh in it and give to wifey should be ok ehh. I got no assets in the UK other than my bank account, do i need a UK will to ensure wifey gets ?

Now wifey is a different story, if she was to pop her clogs before me where would i stand if she is will less ? both the house/land and car are in her name.

I'm down in Patts in November so can pop in and see you to formalise anything required, hope you can help.

11 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I had my living will etc and all of my assets and things as such re -written after getting married in 2016. Basically my Daughter and Son if I die, will get the house here in San Jose, Calif, USA, I had them put on the title as it is paid off, less hassle for them going forward. Rachanee wanted no part of the home here and thought for them it was best, no issue there as her home is paid off too in Bangkok so if I croke here, she would just go back home obviously. She is now and will get my 401k retirement 100% as I had her added on to that account also. 

No pension here for me as I worked in "Tech" so back in the early 80's is when companies started offering that, most companies let's say if you were putting in 10% of your yearly salary, they would put a maximum of 5% in,  so that worked out well for me and grew nicely over 30 years. Only local city Gov't officials, Police, Firefighters, Teachers etc get pensions these days. I might start taking Social Security at age 65 in a few years, if I do, Rachanee would be entitled to half of that if I die. 

Great post Mike ya got it sorted, the ultimate professional. As has been advised mate your ashes are better for repatriation and thats what i've arranged but each to their own.

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I got no assets in Thailand Tony other than a bank account so no need for a Thai will, i only keep monthly usable money in it so as long as me son has me ATM pin no to withdraw any dosh in it and give to wifey should be ok ehh. I got no assets in the UK other than my bank account, do i need a UK will to ensure wifey gets ?

Now wifey is a different story, if she was to pop her clogs before me where would i stand if she is will less ? both the house/land and car are in her name.

I'm down in Patts in November so can pop in and see you to formalise anything required, hope you can help.

If she dies without a will then it goes to thai succession law 

There are various levels from 1-6.At the point any level is filled all level under have no claim 

top level is wife husband children and also parents if alive get elevated to that level 

so simple scenario could be wife dies with 1 children, husband ( you) and her dad 

so 50% goes to you as joint assets ( assuming she brought this during the marriage ) the other 50% gets shared between you child and son so at the end you would get around 67% of the estate.

however in the above scenario where you are calling her wifey I am assuming you are married with papers . If you are just living together so she is your girlfriend then the whole estate would go to child and father as you being a boyfriend do not have the right to inherit under thai succession law 

• Great Info 2

I dont want a succession war after I leave, so I made sure to own just a bare minimum.

No house, car or motorcycle. Not even a pushbike !

Bank account in France my son has a power of attorney on it (current acc and savings acc) . Up to him to share with brother and sister.

Bank account in HKG : This I have to do something. A bit more tricky as it is mainly US stocks. But then again we're not speaking millions USD....

Pension : I am technically still married to the ex, but making sure she gets zilch.

Miss Indo : I am slowing putting money in a bank account here in Indo, so that she has enough to see her through for a few years.

Also plan to put aside some money here for cremation. Ashes to be dispersed at sea.  No need to bother future generations with warehousing an urn for xxx years, and at the end throw or burry it anyway.

Not what I forecasted 20 y ago, but life is life and you have to adapt plans. Easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

hope thats not an advertising ploy....

That would be a pretty shitty despicable way to advertise . Luckily most who know me on this board realise I wouldn’t stoop that low to earn money. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Justice said:

That would be a pretty shitty despicable way to advertise . Luckily most who know me on this board realise I wouldn’t stoop that low to earn money. 

It was tongue in cheek Tony,apologies if you considered it to be literal 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Tony Justice said:

If she dies without a will then it goes to thai succession law 

There are various levels from 1-6.At the point any level is filled all level under have no claim 

top level is wife husband children and also parents if alive get elevated to that level 

so simple scenario could be wife dies with 1 children, husband ( you) and her dad 

so 50% goes to you as joint assets ( assuming she brought this during the marriage ) the other 50% gets shared between you child and son so at the end you would get around 67% of the estate.

however in the above scenario where you are calling her wifey I am assuming you are married with papers . If you are just living together so she is your girlfriend then the whole estate would go to child and father as you being a boyfriend do not have the right to inherit under thai succession law 

Many thanks Tony, we're married with papers and have been for 12 years, all her assets were purchased after we got legally married (i try not to be stupid lol) so what you say i would be ok with 67%. What really concerns me in the event of her death is can i/could i continue to live in the house ?

Now surely having a will would legalise her wishes to the letter ? i got no problem with her mum receiving wifey's half of her estate and me the other half, we've already agreed all this verbally.    

10 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

It was tongue in cheek Tony,apologies if you considered it to be literal 

I knew what ya meant Ivan but perhaps Tony don't know ya lol

21 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Pension : I am technically still married to the ex, but making sure she gets zilch.

That might be difficult to do, but what do i know lol