Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

I don’t think that the bloodbath for beer bars on soi 6 etc will be as bad as everyone thinks.
I think the chill will be felt on Walking St and LK, where landlords are ruthless and rents are astonishingly high.
I know of several big WS gogos that won’t reopen.
But, beer bars, massage shops with low rent and salaries will be ok.

When I mentioned S6, it was just a hypothetical example. 

I am speaking about Pattaya globally.

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

The outlook keeps changing, even on a daily basis.
Now, there is a glimmer of hope that June 15 we can open, although nothing official.
Tourism probably will return before the high season, with few restrictions.

June the 15 is a very realistic prospect.

Tourists back before high season. Not a hope on earth, airlines are laying off staff.

14 day quarantines, covid free certificates, covid insurance etc. Not going to happen I'm afraid.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Hopefully the expat community will come out and support you mate until the tourists return. 

BINGO, i could'nt agree more Gally. I'd like to think that when Phil's gaff reopens we can all rally to the cause and have a big party night there with two objectives -

* Celebrate getting back to some normality.

* Spending all the dosh that we have'nt been able to during lockdown lol

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

BINGO, i could'nt agree more Gally. I'd like to think that when Phil's gaff reopens we can all rally to the cause and have a big party night there with two objectives -

Hope you're spending plenty up Korat way ...... still a nice place to be on lockdown with your lovely Mrs.

Stay safe and stay sane mate :default_cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hope so. Lets see.
  • Thumbs Up 1

And West Brom in the Premier League.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, took you some time to realize that ......

Hahahaha, dont take offense mate. The world is walking on its head with this...

I am probably treading in the middle somewhere in terms of precautions but I see certain suggestions as to the way out of this pandemic as unrealistic and impractical.

Have to agree with Tommy.

Le Pub is an institution for many including me but the information being posted is relevant to all members (and businesses) and should be posted in the appropriate section.

The info about flights could offer up more posts, many of which may lead to less than favourable responses which again should not be associated with Le Pub.

This is Pattaya 247 when I last checked and directing posts and threads in the appropriate section is right for all members, airline practices are relevant to all and should not be in this section.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

This is Pattaya 247 when I last checked and directing posts and threads in the appropriate section is right for all members, airline practices are relevant to all and should not be in this section.

You might want to check again! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

You are absolutely right, I joined 247 but sometimes I have to wonder if I have logged in to the right forum.

I think you might have missed the point! This is THAILAND 247, not PATTAYA 247. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I think you might have missed the point! This is THAILAND 247, not PATTAYA 247. 🙂

OK, a bit of a slip up there but kind of emphasises my point. It is 247 not Secrets, PL or Le Pub.

I love Le Pub and will support Phil by popping in if in town but I am on this forum to be entertained and informed in many areas of what is happening in Thailand and the many topics raised by other members with associations with Thailand.

The founders have added all the sections so that topics can be posted in the appropriate area. Tommy should decide the way forward and his, and Lanzalad's, views should not be questioned. Issues should be taken by messaging admin if you disagree.

You see, I have just added this post here in response to yours and, really, it is wholly inappropriate for this section, it has nothing to do with the OP and that is the problem.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Have to agree with Tommy.

Le Pub is an institution for many including me but the information being posted is relevant to all members (and businesses) and should be posted in the appropriate section.

The info about flights could offer up more posts, many of which may lead to less than favourable responses which again should not be associated with Le Pub.

Tommy and Dave are correct le pub is not where posts about non le pub related posts should be

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

I cannot say I agree with your comment.

Any post in the Le Pub topic keeps the business name  in front of potential customers and Phil will need as much as support he can get from expats and board members who are able to visit.

Many of recent posts have been about airlines current and future practices and their effect on tourism in Pattaya. Those airline practices are as relevent to Le Pub as any other business in Pattaya.

om qa good day you would disagree with yourself in a padded room :)  the point is that this a business page in the business section, ( and this isnt shh).  so other issues can easily go into the covid thai or no thai pages.  its not brain surgery but i guess it gives u a reason to type .  cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Is this the Le Pub thread?

i thought so :)

to be fair to phil, we are all in the shit, and he deserves his thread to be kept clean.  at some point he will come back with a bang and i know we all wish him well.  he is one of numerous businesses here that are in the dooo and very lucky as many landlords are playing hardball with rents 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Tommy and Dave are correct le pub is not where posts about non le pub related posts should be

Any reason you or tommy dee don't move or hide the off topic ones?

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Any reason you or tommy dee don't move or hide the off topic ones?

we did in the end.  amzignly its not easy.  but was working all weekend too so not a lot of time.  thx

BTW Lanza said "just delete them"  but we are weaker and nicer than him 5555  ( not really)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, JDM said:

Personally, I don't give a fxxk what is posted here I for one am looking forward to again going to Mr Eggs bar and drinking an ice cold pint of cider in good company.

JDM

Good stuff. You were the first to come in and welcome us when we got there. Nice gesture, expats like yourself should be able to help keep the good bars going when all this craziness ends.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, tommy dee said:

we did in the end.  amzignly its not easy.  but was working all weekend too so not a lot of time.  thx

BTW Lanza said "just delete them"  but we are weaker and nicer than him 5555  ( not really)

I'm told there are pills to remedy that affliction tommy

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

422fe719da947bb87f24b5176efdef59.plist
I have had my designer put together a flyer/infographic for when the bar opens.
This is a rough first draft, it will be in Thai and German language as well.
The “wear a mask” thing is silly as nobody can whilst drinking, but, I put it in there to please the police/authorities, however in reality nobody will.
Any thoughts?
Today, I Have to tell the staff the future wage/salary/commissions structure of the bar after we open.and I fear it may hit them hard as reality sinks in and they realize that they won’t be working in a tourist rich bar for a while.
But I want to be honest with them and tell them the way forward now so they can make future plans as soon as possible.
I suspect many staff may bail out, but I have to be realistic with them or the bar won’t make it.
I have heard some horror stories from restaurants who have recently opened and are losing money and plan to close again soon.
But with good/realistic planning the bar can continue.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2