Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

Difficult to find the right balance between looking good in the eyes of the authorities and not scaring away customers.

I mean this in a general way, not specific to Le Pub.

Personally I would do the strict mandatory minimum to satisfy the authorities and the maximum to be attractive to potential new customers. Concerning the base of regulars, I wouldn't worry, they will be back anyway as soon you open.

Just my 2 centimes.

Ho, and for me a place with temperature check at the entrance would be a no go.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Difficult to find the right balance between looking good in the eyes of the authorities and not scaring away customers.

Personally I would do the strict mandatory minimum to satisfy the authorities and the maximum to be attractive to potential new customers. Concerning the base of regulars, I wouldn't worry, they will be back anyway as soon you open.

Just my 2 centimes.

roll_eyes.gif.8511f5da07070def920bf00869366ecc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

final comment was the one Egg.  spoke to numerous eateries around, all say its a waste of space.  they were better off either closed or only doin takeaways.  dark side one or two are ok ish bu many, including tropical berts, have closed again.  as to the temp checks, of course, thats standard everywhere here, and if people dont like it, tell them to move on, cos every bar will have to do it when they eventually open.

had lunch sunday at nickies.  when we got  in at 1 we were only two, as we were doing a drop nearby.  parked in the empty soi bukao.  when we left another three had come in.  so paycuts will be the norm across the board.  and if thats the case then they have no option than to accept and if they dont, trust me, there are thousands willing to take thier places

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

spoke to numerous eateries around, all say its a waste of space.  they were better off either closed or only doin takeaways. 

A couple of us were chatting about that this morning and don't think the restaurants have given enough time if they're closing again after 2 or 3 days.  It might be painful and costly, but not everyone will know who's open and when until word gets around.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, misteregg said:

422fe719da947bb87f24b5176efdef59.plist
I have had my designer put together a flyer/infographic for when the bar opens.
This is a rough first draft, it will be in Thai and German language as well.
The “wear a mask” thing is silly as nobody can whilst drinking, but, I put it in there to please the police/authorities, however in reality nobody will.
Any thoughts?
Today, I Have to tell the staff the future wage/salary/commissions structure of the bar after we open.and I fear it may hit them hard as reality sinks in and they realize that they won’t be working in a tourist rich bar for a while.
But I want to be honest with them and tell them the way forward now so they can make future plans as soon as possible.
I suspect many staff may bail out, but I have to be realistic with them or the bar won’t make it.
I have heard some horror stories from restaurants who have recently opened and are losing money and plan to close again soon.
But with good/realistic planning the bar can continue.

What a lot of bars and restaurants are doing here is asking people to pay now and get their food or drink later when they reopen . 
they just need money to keep the business going while it’s closed .

wonder if Phil would ever think about that?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homor said:

What a lot of bars and restaurants are doing here is asking people to pay now and get their food or drink later when they reopen . 

CANT IMAGINE ANYONE GOING FOR THAT ON THE PUNTER SIDE.  WOW, FIRST i HAVE HEARD OF IT ( sorry caps,)  i certainkly wouldnt go for it

• Like 1

No, I’m not doing that. I have funds to get by.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Homor said:

Where is that happening, and on what scale?

11 hours ago, Homor said:

I’ve heard some mad things here but this is a beauty. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

422fe719da947bb87f24b5176efdef59.plist
I have had my designer put together a flyer/infographic for when the bar opens.
This is a rough first draft, it will be in Thai and German language as well.
The “wear a mask” thing is silly as nobody can whilst drinking, but, I put it in there to please the police/authorities, however in reality nobody will.
Any thoughts?
Today, I Have to tell the staff the future wage/salary/commissions structure of the bar after we open.and I fear it may hit them hard as reality sinks in and they realize that they won’t be working in a tourist rich bar for a while.
But I want to be honest with them and tell them the way forward now so they can make future plans as soon as possible.
I suspect many staff may bail out, but I have to be realistic with them or the bar won’t make it.
I have heard some horror stories from restaurants who have recently opened and are losing money and plan to close again soon.
But with good/realistic planning the bar can continue.

It's ETIQUETTE ....btw... French word so ........... pedantic moi ?? ..........hope it works out Phil. Life is not easy for so many people just now. Best of Baggie luck ......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Where is that happening, and on what scale?

Has been crowd funding by several pubs in the UK and a significant scale.

"The 15 pubs around the UK contained in the sample are asking for £296,000 worth of funding."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52369758

Back on the main topic, hope Mr Egg will be able to reopen soon, and ex-pats feel confident enough to prop up a bar stool again🙂

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, Scotty said:

I’ve heard some mad things here but this is a beauty. 

No different from the girl asking the mug senders for money then telling them they look forward to boom boom in 6 months.

Pay now, get later.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2020 at 1:33 AM, Thai Spice said:

Just my 2 centimes.

Me too, I'd want to be entertained by Thai hookers, not a hospital admission.

And for all those that think it's a good idea, imagine you're at the airport waiting to board for a 6 Month trip. Then you fail the temperature check.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Equally as daft 😂

But, many do it. I used to watch them at our bar, six, seven or more sponsors sending money. Our old kitchen hand had a German fellow sending her about 800 euro a month. He visited once a year for a fortnight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, farangme said:

But, many do it. I used to watch them at our bar, six, seven or more sponsors sending money. Our old kitchen hand had a German fellow sending her about 800 euro a month. He visited once a year for a fortnight.

I’ve no problem with it, each to their own. 
Certainly wouldn’t be me but for sure there are lots of things I’ve done in life where people have surely said the same about me. 
At the end of the day it’s all just a game. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I’ve no problem with it, each to their own. 
Certainly wouldn’t be me but for sure there are lots of things I’ve done in life where people have surely said the same about me. 
At the end of the day it’s all just a game. 

Oh for sure. I'm just trying to connect the dots about the idea of pre-paying some businesses, until they open again.  

15 hours ago, farangme said:

And for all those that think it's a good idea, imagine you're at the airport waiting to board for a 6 Month trip. Then you fail the temperature check.  

Yup got that ticket paid for and in your hand only to be told sorry you are too hot can not board. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yup got that ticket paid for and in your hand only to be told sorry you are too hot can not board. 

Before heading for the IR temp check, stand a few minutes with you forehead close to one those big aircon blasters like they have at Swampy. 

Of course, if your temp is 40C, not sure it is a good idea !

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Bazle said:

Phil does Walking Street:

There has always been at least one major factor that Walking Street, Pattaya and the main drag in AC had in common.

They both look absolutely bloody awful in daylight.

The night, neon lights and o'de-pussy are very forgiving. 😀

• Like 2