Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

Painting almost finished. Been having a few friends round the bar, one by one for chats and stuff. As the bar is my registered address this is no problem.
I must admit I have been low on motivation this week.
Not seen my staff all week, they just seem to sleep. Leaving them food.
Took three days to do a video for youtube but didn’t like it so deleted it. Can’t get everything right.
People always asking me about when the bar will open and social distancing etc.
All I can say is that nobody has any news and anything you hear is just rumour. Even the mayor doesn’t know. It’s all in the hands of the guys in BKK now.
Looking at restaurants that have opened it’s clear that social distancing needs to be either ignored or relaxed before anyone will be encouraged to come and drink again. Many smaller restaurants ignore it, but the big chain restaurants are almost impossible to eat in now.
If we ignore social distancing it will be more of a fun place to be in, but this will frighten off many potential customers who are still scared of catching the virus. So it’s a tricky one.
Just a reminder, Pattaya is covid free for weeks now.
Phil

You’re not the only one low on motivation Phil.

A lot of business owners here are in the same boat.Restrictive openings here,mean that you will be open,simply to cover costs,possibly.

Most not.A lot of places saying f**k it,don’t open at all.

Was suppose to open my gym on Sunday,but have had so many negative comments about it that I’ve postponed.

Have to do a bunch of work this week to make it viable to open,but am thinking f**k it.Sell the gear and turn the space into two condos,which is what I did before,with success.
many peeps feel the same.

Have had members email me saying that they think it’s wrong we are opening.lol. 
The missus certainly has t missed going into clean.Might say f**k it and fold up camp.
its debilitating not having something of purpose to do,so I completely understand your apathy.

Nowt much I can say will make you feel better.So I won’t.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Feeling better this week. Cracked the whip this week and all staff have been cleaning the bar top to bottom (again)
Had a good phone call with my landlord.
I’m looking forward to watching the NRL today with a couple of Aussie mates.
See you all soon.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Nice one Phil. 🤗

Glad to see you have retained your sense of humour in these difficult times.

I bought three T-shirts in the sports shop in Mae Sot on Friday in their 60% off everything reopening sale. Just need to lose 10 kilos and I might be able to get into them. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If only healthy food tasted good. Got to force myself to eat apples. Carrots are dull, but still eat them often.

If someone could make chocolate mud cake that was healthy. they would make a fortune. I would eat it every day.

Also, good luck MrEgg when bar opens for "normal" business. Hope you are successful. 

Cheers 

Edited by chollico

• 4 weeks later...

Phil, I hope you have a full house on 1 July. For what you have done for your staff, your giving of time and charity to the locals, for being a responsible business owner, for treating the locals with dignity and respect, and for being someone we all can support, here's to you.

Lets hope the last 6 months of 2020 can in some way, begin to wipe away the disappointment of the first 6 months.

Cheers Phil!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, misteregg said:

Hello all 247 remembers.
It’s looking like we will be allowed to open in some shape or form on Wednesday July 1st.
I’m still not sure what restrictions will be on the bars and clubs. There are many rumors, but the actual law will be revealed on Monday.
I certainly hope that we can open after midnight. We have an entertainment licence and the business is in an entertainment zone, I pay a lot for it. If I’m not able to open after midnight it’s a huge restriction and may mean making a profit is impossible.
But, whatever happens, we will be open. Can’t sit here in darkness forever.
Thanks to everyone who has messaged me and kept in touch. Hope to see you all soon. Let’s hope it’s a late one.
Phil

Great news Phil.

If anyone can make it through this it is you.

You are one of the most liked farang in town and you know how to run a pub. I'm also a great believer in karma, and the way you have looked after your staff tells me that a bit of luck is going to come your way soon enough.

Plenty of swings and roundabouts to come but you will be sat watching the Baggies in the PL from the comfort of your own bar.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Great news Phil.

If anyone can make it through this it is you.

You are one of the most liked farang in town and you know how to run a pub. I'm also a great believer in karma, and the way you have looked after your staff tells me that a bit of luck is going to come your way soon enough.

Plenty of swings and roundabouts to come but you will be sat watching the Baggies in the PL from the comfort of your own bar.

The Baggies got beat!

Never mind.

Can watch the Villa in 33 minutes! 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, misteregg said:

How’s this.....all this month we want to celebrate Pattaya being covid free. So we’re going to “minus the virus”
All drinks, including ladydrinks are 19฿ off, all day, all night.
dbce639106e11c2877617831fe94dbc6.jpg

Good luck Phil - you deserve to do well.

I will see you the week after next.

• Like 2