Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

@misteregg saw your ask MrEgg slot are you sure about the origins of GoGo Bar ?  This ties in with what I had heard , it was of French origin 

"The origin of the term go-go dancing goes back to a 1949 British film Whisky Galore!. This film tells the story of the sinking of a ship loaded with whiskey. The French title of this film was Whisky à gogo !, "à gogo" being Parisian slang for "galore".[3] During the period that this film was showing in France, discotheques were just introduced as a new form of entertainment. Due to the success of the film and the snob appeal of drinking whiskey in France, a number of discotheques were given the name "Whiskey à Go-Go". 

The first Whisky à Gogo nightclub opened in Paris in 1947,[4] drawing the "Whisky" part of its name from the whisky labels that lined its walls.[5] In 1953 it became the first discotheque.[6] The club was franchised, first in Chicago in 1958 and then in Los Angeles in 1964.[7] In May 1964 the Los Angeles club was featured in Life magazine and by 1965 clubs called Whisky à Go-Go (or Whiskey à Go-Go) had appeared in Milwaukee, Washington, San Francisco and Atlanta.[8] In the Los Angeles club a new style of dance was taking place, as go-go dancers in short, fringed skirts and high boots danced in a glass booth above the patrons. The first recorded occurrence of topless go-go dancing was in the Condor nightclub in San Francisco in 1964, and topless go-go dancing quickly became a part of the adult entertainment industry.[9]

During this time, several dance styles were becoming popular in which dancers danced separately from their partner or with no partner at all. American discos, often using the same name (“Whiskey A Go-Go”) as their French predecessor, introduced young women dancing alone in these new styles as a form of entertainment, creating the concept of a "go-go dancer".[10]"

• Like 3

@misteregg saw your ask MrEgg slot are you sure about the origins of GoGo Bar ?  This ties in with what I had heard , it was of French origin 

"The origin of the term go-go dancing goes back to a 1949 British film Whisky Galore!. This film tells the story of the sinking of a ship loaded with whiskey. The French title of this film was Whisky à gogo !, "à gogo" being Parisian slang for "galore".[3] During the period that this film was showing in France, discotheques were just introduced as a new form of entertainment. Due to the success of the film and the snob appeal of drinking whiskey in France, a number of discotheques were given the name "Whiskey à Go-Go". 

The first Whisky à Gogo nightclub opened in Paris in 1947,[4] drawing the "Whisky" part of its name from the whisky labels that lined its walls.[5] In 1953 it became the first discotheque.[6] The club was franchised, first in Chicago in 1958 and then in Los Angeles in 1964.[7] In May 1964 the Los Angeles club was featured in Life magazine and by 1965 clubs called Whisky à Go-Go (or Whiskey à Go-Go) had appeared in Milwaukee, Washington, San Francisco and Atlanta.[8] In the Los Angeles club a new style of dance was taking place, as go-go dancers in short, fringed skirts and high boots danced in a glass booth above the patrons. The first recorded occurrence of topless go-go dancing was in the Condor nightclub in San Francisco in 1964, and topless go-go dancing quickly became a part of the adult entertainment industry.[9]

During this time, several dance styles were becoming popular in which dancers danced separately from their partner or with no partner at all. American discos, often using the same name (“Whiskey A Go-Go”) as their French predecessor, introduced young women dancing alone in these new styles as a form of entertainment, creating the concept of a "go-go dancer".[10]"

No, I’m not sure. It was a last minute question.

Enjoyed that video. As someone who first came to Pattaya in '94, I recall many of those places along Soi Diamond you named and had a drink at (not the katoey joint though), and like the video host, took more than my share of slow turns at the Carousel Bar. Was pretty neat, with every sip of your drink, the scenery was always changing and if there was something you liked, you would see it again in a couple minutes.

There was a bar/restaurant a couple of doors back up from your place going towards Windmill, called Glettcherkuss, or something like that, and was lit up in red lights mostly. Met a young lady there around '99 who was bi-racial, mother Thai and father a black American. She was absolutely gorgeous and over a few years I would see her each trip a time or two.

Regarding bars, always have been a couple of gems on that narrow stretch of Diamond for years. And now with the establishment of Le Pub, maybe the shiniest gem currently going on that Soi.

Are those pies you mentioned that good? I'll have to give one a try next visit.

• Like 5

Enjoyed that video. As someone who first came to Pattaya in '94, I recall many of those places along Soi Diamond you named and had a drink at (not the katoey joint though), and like the video host, took more than my share of slow turns at the Carousel Bar. Was pretty neat, with every sip of your drink, the scenery was always changing and if there was something you liked, you would see it again in a couple minutes.
There was a bar/restaurant a couple of doors back up from your place going towards Windmill, called Glettcherkuss, or something like that, and was lit up in red lights mostly. Met a young lady there around '99 who was bi-racial, mother Thai and father a black American. She was absolutely gorgeous and over a few years I would see her each trip a time or two.
Regarding bars, always have been a couple of gems on that narrow stretch of Diamond for years. And now with the establishment of Le Pub, maybe the shiniest gem currently going on that Soi.
Are those pies you mentioned that good? I'll have to give one a try next visit.

Smooth, Gletcherkuss was the “dormitory “ I mentioned on the video.
It has been bought by Windmill group in happier times and most of the girls live there. I don’t think the Windmill owners would like me revealing that, so I didn’t mention it!
  • Like 3