Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, misteregg said:

fa635d4e0e5a2c8e24f0c79ae183f281.jpg
Open all weekend although there are booze restrictions on Saturday night because of elections.
Hope you can come in and visit. Have all Euro qualifiers on and China cup

Nice to see a Dutch national team player front and centre. I am just wondering why he has a German flag next to the Dutch under the lion on his shirt.

10 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

Nice to see a Dutch national team player front and centre. I am just wondering why he has a German flag next to the Dutch under the lion on his shirt.

Holland v Germany.  They often put the two nations flags on their shirts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArtyGraph said:

Holland v Germany.  They often put the two nations flags on their shirts.

Thanks for the info, but the country is called the Netherlands, Holland is just a small part of it. As a comparison, it would be about the same as equating Wales with the whole UK.

And yes, I know Wales is a country where football is concerned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freee!! said:

Thanks for the info, but the country is called the Netherlands, Holland is just a small part of it. As a comparison, it would be about the same as equating Wales with the whole UK.

And yes, I know Wales is a country where football is concerned.

The Brits call it Holland.

Googled "The official name of the country is the Kingdom of the Netherlands. King Willem-Alexander is the king of the nation. Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant"

I can appreciate why it would piss you off though! We Scots, Welsh and Irish get pissed off when people (often those who should know better, parliamentarians, royals and high vis celebrities) refer to the English Queen or the English Parliament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Surely the official name of the country is Koninkrijk der Nederlanden?

The full official name in Dutch is Verenigd Koninkrijk der Nederlanden, in English it is the United Kingdom of the Netherlands (and in German das vereinigte Königreich der Niederlanden and in French la Royaume-Uni des Pays-Bas).

• Like 1

Been back for almost 2 weeks from a wonderful trip to Pattaya, along with a 3 day side trip to Phnom Penh midway. It was a blast!
Phil, many thanks for the warm hospitality. You have a very enjoyable bar and I must have stopped in about 4-5 different times during my 10 nights in Pattaya.
For those who haven't been in yet, I can't recommend it enough. In the WS area, I don't think you will find a bar with more reasonably priced drinks, some very tasty menu items to take care of any late night munchies, and girls who are anything but standoffish mannequins and are a kick in the ass, in many cases, to talk with and enjoy a cocktail or two with. In my case, I enjoyed  the company of a couple ladies so much, I barfined them on separate occasions, one all night, the other for what turned out to be one of the best short times I have had in a long while!
If I lived there, Phil's bar would be my Walking Street local. Congrats again Phil and continued success in the future. See you again next trip. Most likely about the same time in 2020.
Cheers mate!

Hey Mr Smooth. Cheers for that. I had the please of hosting your friend the other day who knows you from Cali. Glad you had fun and I’ll be seeing you soon.
Phil

Well I finally got to visiting Phill's bar and I must say it was everything I was expecting it to be and more.
The atmosphere is relaxed no high pressure company from the staff however if you would like some company then the staff are very accommodating.
I am a cider fan and was a little saddened that it ran out during my visit this is not a stab at Phil clearly its very popular and he had a high turnover combined with a slower than normal  resupply.
I did get a pint or two and it was ice cold and very well received.
I can confirm he has some very nice looking staff a mix that I think will appeal to many tastes , Very Small with Pigtails , to normal ( small ) 5555.
The girls you see in the photos are actually staff there ( not one day visit photo shoots ).
I tried one of his trademark burgers and it was outstanding my only comment is there were to many chips  and I am a big guy with a good appetite 5555 It is my understanding that the burgers are home made by the chief and I congratulate her on her skills.
All in all a very pleasant visit and I will most certainly visit again when in that area and highly recommend anyone who is in that area to go visit.
JDM

Cheer mate. I get to eat all the leftovers so I was well happy *pats stomach * Anyway, see you soon.

f2ed9b004c85147006d910a96fa93ac8.jpg

Just an apology if you’ve been to the bar the last few days and I haven’t been in. I’ve not been very well, I have a Cronin condition called colitis which is a non-infectious ulceration of the intestines. I’ve had a bad flare-up recently and consequently been very dehydrated. Not the best condition to be in when the weather is 35° outside.

Yesterday was in hospital and Monday I have a colonoscopy, on the day I should have been visiting the Masters course at Augusta. Simply couldn’t fly.

Anyway, I’m back in the bar tonight as there’s an Albion game on and I can’t watch it at home (no WiFi)

Bar has been ok considering I’ve been off. Sorry I missed some of you.

Just a few quick reminders, happy hour at the bar is from 6:00pm till 7:00pm and has the following happy prices

San Miguel /Heineken 90฿ (100฿ thereafter)

Leo/Chang/Singha/Tiger/Tiger Lite 85฿ (95฿ thereafter)

Singha Lite 75฿ (85฿ thereafter)

Smirnoff vodka/Gordon’s Gin/Bacardi Rum 85฿ (95฿ thereafter ) we don’t sell cheap copy’s

Sangsom 65฿ (75฿ thereafter)

Soft drinks 50฿ (60฿ thereafter)

I’ve kept these prices for the last 2 years

Girls wise we’ve still got some very barfineable stock (as my friend put it)

801aa11c878c6a602d4f70d2208cd3dd.jpg3d8f90005b7d5e0e9f38bdf70a986b30.jpg8df832324bd38dcb48eba248e1d29900.jpg

Don’t forget to bring a newspaper from home on your first or second day back and we’ll give you a free drink

95fb3e46f104443fee4892841e851f4c.jpg

We also have some great food specials at the moment. Ilene’s spag bol is amazing

ae3d5893ba974fde85f737b0c8b8a5eb.jpg

• Like 1