Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

Phil, noticed on your advert that you show the Visa sign so I assume you take a debit or credit card.  Could I just ask if there is a charge for using the card or whether it is just the bill as consumed. I also presume you charge in Thai baht which would work well for me, I don't like it when you suddenly see a GBP charge which I then refuse as the merchant bank rate is very poor. 

It is not that I definitely want to pay in Baht but that I will only be spending about 3 nights in Thailand on my Christmas trip (mostly Philippines) and in stead of changing up loads of baht it might be more prudent to use a card where I can.

Phil, noticed on your advert that you show the Visa sign so I assume you take a debit or credit card.  Could I just ask if there is a charge for using the card or whether it is just the bill as consumed. I also presume you charge in Thai baht which would work well for me, I don't like it when you suddenly see a GBP charge which I then refuse as the merchant bank rate is very poor. 
It is not that I definitely want to pay in Baht but that I will only be spending about 3 nights in Thailand on my Christmas trip (mostly Philippines) and in stead of changing up loads of baht it might be more prudent to use a card where I can.

Dave, we don’t charge for electronic payments. It’s actually illegal to do so as it’s in the t+c of the rental agreement on the machine.
Don’t want to criticize other bars but they make a huge markup on drinks then charge you illegally again for the use of electronic payment.
Looking forward to seeing you soon mate.
Phil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Dave, we don’t charge for electronic payments. It’s actually illegal to do so as it’s in the t+c of the rental agreement on the machine.
Don’t want to criticize other bars but they make a huge markup on drinks then charge you illegally again for the use of electronic payment.
Looking forward to seeing you soon mate.
Phil

Cheers Phil, will be there around 29th December......... I have used cards in many places throughout SE Asia (particularly in the Philippines) and I have mostly be charged a % surcharge. I am aware it is illegal and took this up with Nationwide one time after being charged by a few hotels and shops. The establishment is meant to pay the card companies for the ability to allow use of cards but most just pass it on to the customer.  Even in banks in Philippines they will charge you anywhere up to 7% surcharge for withdrawing cash over the counter.

I will still have cash with me but in case I suffer from an old person's moment or the belief that I am a handsome man I might need to crack open the blue card.

Look forward to catching up.

Is it expensive for you Phil if a person pays a small bill with Visa or MasterCard?
Would it be better to work up a tab for a week (of smallish bills)and then pay it with the CC?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

It’s between 2-3% depending on the issuing card.
Considering the markup on drinks it’s nothing really.
I get charged a monthly fee by the bank if I don’t make so many transactions a month so I don’t mind payments like this. It’s convenient and more importantly, the future.
  • Like 1

It’s between 2-3% depending on the issuing card.
Considering the markup on drinks it’s nothing really.
I get charged a monthly fee by the bank if I don’t make so many transactions a month so I don’t mind payments like this. It’s convenient and more importantly, the future.
In that case I might start to pay with a CC in Le Pub in the future.
Since I only have one (short) vacation in Thailand per year now it will not matter much either way :-D

• Like 1

In that case I might start to pay with a CC in Le Pub in the future.
Since I only have one (short) vacation in Thailand per year now it will not matter much either way :-D

Great stuff. Saw you the other day walking down soi Buahkow

3c50d7b160aeeaf8c13642bf5d88853a.jpg

Selfies get flipped by IPhones, my daughter often sends selfies of her in the car with the Mrs and it always looks like she is in the right hand side (driver’s) seat.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/flip-iphone-photo-3635062/?_gl=1*1stukua*_ga*YW1wLUVEcEZNWGxZMW44RjBwOEZlT0RuRGpVc29HZGZOaEVPV1VzTmRBSXdPOWxSNVg3WWpua3daRGEwbTYwOThub3I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Great Info 1