Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

35 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I’ve been giving the staff who are living in the bar money everyday to spend on food.
One girl came down the stairs the other day and showed me that she had spent all her food money on getting her hair colored blonde!!
Another one gets her money and immediately pops out to 7/11 for a small bottle of Thai whiskey and a bag of ice cubes.
They’re coping.

I know that is really funny and shows they are not in a desparate situation yet, but it's very commendable of you for taking care of them mate.

All the very best to ya and your girls.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

I’ve been giving the staff who are living in the bar money everyday to spend on food.
One girl came down the stairs the other day and showed me that she had spent all her food money on getting her hair colored blonde!!
Another one gets her money and immediately pops out to 7/11 for a small bottle of Thai whiskey and a bag of ice cubes.
They’re coping.

Essentials mate..essentials.

Hows the hair look?

• Like 1

Phil, hate to say but it sounds grim and I know you'll do good by the girls but you got to do right for yourself too.
Never really got to know you well because was so busy, but you're a decent bloke trying to get by. I hope they reopen quickly not only in Pattaya but Europe and let flights commence. Places like yours is the thin line why people come to Pattaya to see the friendly bar owners who make them feel at home and special. 
Your reputation proceeds itself if Pattaya loses bars like yours it won't be worth visiting. In my humble opinion.

Thanks mate. I’ve got a really good landlord. I think I will get through.
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, farangme said:

Phil, hate to say but it sounds grim and I know you'll do good by the girls but you got to do right for yourself too.

Never really got to know you well because was so busy, but you're a decent bloke trying to get by. I hope they reopen quickly not only in Pattaya but Europe and let flights commence. Places like yours is the thin line why people come to Pattaya to see the friendly bar owners who make them feel at home and special. 

Your reputation proceeds itself if Pattaya loses bars like yours it won't be worth visiting. In my humble opinion.

Spot on mate.

I always try and call in to Phil's gaff once a week or so when in town. It would be more but I don't like the walking street area so I'm seldom down that way.

Like you say Phil and other decent barowners make Pattaya still worth visiting.

I have no doubt in my mind that Phil will get through this, it won't be pretty and it won't be easy, but he will get through.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, misteregg said:

Went to the bar Monday to hand oit some emergency funds to staff.
Saw Bee (bartender), Nee (cleaner), Fah, Pung, Anne, Bee and Mena. Spoke to Aei. All other staff gone home.
Gave the bar a polish.

You are a good guy Phil but it looks like (many?) months, not weeks, before visitors start returning to Pattaya.

You are not a bank or a registered charity. Look after you and yours first.

Personally, I would draw a line no later than the end of this month and tell them there will be a job for then when you are able to reopen.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Stickman said:
2 hours ago, Stickman said:

but when you get home you have to go in to quarantine for 2 weeks. That will put people off. I suspect international tourism is buggered for at least 12 months.

Which is why I will not be leaving Thailand once this is over until I can be 100% sure that arriving back will be without issies 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Yep, many months at the minimum. The problem might be less about Thailand, but more that people's home countries impose self-isolation or quarantine...so you go to Thailand and have a holiday - but when you get home you have to go in to quarantine for 2 weeks. That will put people off. I suspect international tourism is buggered for at least 12 months.

12 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Which is why I will not be leaving Thailand once this is over until I can be 100% sure that arriving back will be without issies 

Sure many new regulations / restrictions will stay in place after this. And none of them will make life easier.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yes international travel will never be the same IMO that said when this does get better and domestic travel restrictions are lifted I am going to take a backpack and get on a bus or train and just go with no plans for a month or so. There are so many places to visit in Thailand and I will try to get to all of them By Bus or Train. So many places I have yet to see here in Thailand

done that in Australia back in the early 80s.

too old to do it now,i like a wee bit of luxury now,if I could read and write Thai,it would be great.

so many places to see and so many beautiful thai ladies to bed.start at the bottom near the border and train and bus to the north border and back down the Mekong side,

that seems like a good idea grayray, crikey if I still had the bottle for driving, it would be a good road trip.

shit! if I live that long

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1

I’ve got money to last me a couple of months, before I have to make tough decisions about staff and the bar etc.
I will probably open on skeleton staff for ex-pats as soon as I can and take it from there. Everyone wants a place where they can get together and have a natter, maybe even watch some sport.
The government scheme for casual workers has been expanded to 6 months so I will take that as a benchmark.
Stick and others are correct, travel restrictions need to be lifted before it gets busy again.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I’ve got money to last me a couple of months, before I have to make tough decisions about staff and the bar etc.
I will probably open on skeleton staff for ex-pats as soon as I can and take it from there. Everyone wants a place where they can get together and have a natter, maybe even watch some sport.
The government scheme for casual workers has been expanded to 6 months so I will take that as a benchmark.
Stick and others are correct, travel restrictions need to be lifted before it gets busy again.

Phil

you can bet pounds to a pinch of poo,that not too many barowners are looking after their staff as well as you.

just hope that they[staff] remember that? once it all gets back to opening the bar

stay safe Khun Egg

regards

grayray

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grayray said:

just hope that they[staff] remember that? once it all gets back to opening the bar

Well I would hope so too but too be honest there is little to no loyally with Thai staff as I saw during my working days. There are exceptions but they are few and far between.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phil you are a good man but just don’t be taken advantage of. I know your heart is in the right place and no one would think any less of you when you draw the line. But you have to think about yourself too. I’m glad you in are a position to do what you are doing and I’m certain good karma will repay you for your kindness. I hope this whole experience makes people more humble but all too often they return back to type which is the real sad thing to see.

phil, i am not sure if you covered them or any of them on the books with social security.  if so they can get 7500 a month off the social.  even if "self employed" they can get 5K.

Yes Tom. Have four on the books and applied for them all but none have received it yet.