Boardie get-together in Pattaya in November

Pumpuynarak

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Hi,

From the local trust perspective, admissions have increased over the last 4 days , very possibly as a knock on from the Easter Weekend and beyond. The demographic itself has also altered slightly, that being the trend is downward in age from previous data, which is (and I agree with you) indicative of possibly a temporary increase due to reduced restrictions. Numbers are significantly lower than just before Xmas, but when the data is compared on top of the Data from November,  it appears to be following a similar pattern / trend, albeit stretched out over a longer period.

Regarding the criteria for admissions, as far as I know it remains the same, consistency is one thing the NHS does well 🙂 . The "bed" situation has up until now, been relatively good, the pressure eased as numbers have decreased exponentially, however, within the last week or so, certainly on a local level, bed capacity is less due to increased admissions and as such in a few trusts, a second C-19 ward has been put into operational use with another 2 on standby, at the time of writing elective procedures continue and things are running "normally".

There were measures put in place to cope with the expected rise once restrictions were lifted on the 12th and beyond, so this hasn't caught anyone "out". The most alarming point about the data being the age demographic being slightly lower than it was previously.

Regarding people being denied admission above a certain age,that may well be an uncomfortable truth, perhaps based upon capacity at the time and whether or not the patient would be better off at home isolating because their symptoms may not be as severe, I've really no idea. Seems daft that the Nightingale Hospitals were sat empty while Cambridgeshire Trusts were transporting patients all over the place as they had zero capacity.

Like the rest of us, I'm sat here seeing some light at the end of a very long , dark tunnel. Had both my jabs, followed the rules best I can and just want to be able to go to a footy match again. Everyone's fed up, and the last thing anyone in the NHS want is a repeat of last year, so here's hoping the current data is a blip rather than a trend.

The bottom line, nobody has an insight to the future. Only educated guesses from medical staff based on professional experience and possible gut reaction.

The scary thing is, its plausible people are starting to have the knowledge to play and experiment with deadly viruses. North Korea springs to mind. (Cheaper than nuclear)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, john1000 said:

The bottom line, nobody has an insight to the future. Only educated guesses from medical staff based on professional experience and possible gut reaction.

The scary thing is, its plausible people are starting to have the knowledge to play and experiment with deadly viruses. North Korea springs to mind. (Cheaper than nuclear)

Hardly new now is it?

We English gave smallpox infused blankets to some poor trusting native Indians in north america in the 1700's although I don't think it worked.

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

Hardly new now is it?

We English gave smallpox infused blankets to some poor trusting native Indians in north america in the 1700's although I don't think it worked.

Thought you were younger than that, to be honest.

• Haha 1